Thread: >> New sounds <<

Cool >> New sounds <<

I'd like to see new sounds for :

- Mobs dying. Human mobs have all the same sound for their agony.

- Riding a ground / air vehicle. No sound ? Damn my Yalm is worth a nice low frequency engine purrrr.

- Weapons : doh my Hammer or Support Beam make the smae whympy splating noise as a Blackjack. Give me something more ... Atrox-like. A big loud solid THUD or nice metalic BLAM would be cool.

- Nanos : same noise too. Some improvements could be done here too, a sparkling damage shield should twingle with metallic noises, while the Humidity Extractor should slowly buzz around.

- Cities : more specific ambiant musics or crowd buzz should be done to singularize better each city. Omni cities seems to have a better specific music.

- Wilderness : sea-side and rivers should have watery noises. Harbors should have specific noises from boats and birds too. Lava pools in Avalon, etc.

Maybe some social moves could have specific noises linked to them too.

Well as always my 2 cents ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

yes and a new animation for BIRD OF GAY

Yes ! I like too this wonderful musical comedy.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

actually

It shouldnt be ANY problems altering the excisting sounds at least.
    Just change the wavs
    Kinda cool when mobs die with Homer Simpsons "Doh!"
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

I tried changing some of the sounds but they did not work, ui was gonig to make a sound pack heh.
    I have made a few for some games but...I cant edit these in the exact type AO needs.

There are alot of sound that you have metnioed already in the game such as Vehicle sounds etc etc..

cd_image/sound/sfx/vehicles/ There.

And there alot of nano sounds ia itn heard, maybe cuz nobdy has them, yet.
    Deaths, yeah id like to hear a ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEK! for a death

Cz, Cosmik, someone... Any reason we should not be able to change our sounds?

I thought about it before, and I think I will give it a try. I think I will make an uber nano casting sound for my NTs phat 1500 nuke. I figure if I have to wait several seconds for that nuke to come off, it might as well sound impressive

Altaire

Well, as long as you remember that it's only changed for you; you'd have to distribute that new sound file to anyone else you wanted to hear it.

Give bureaucrat droids the idle sounds. Right now, the only sound a crat droid makes is when he is attacked. And then he sounds like the engineer android being attacked.

Gladiatorbots seem to make no sounds except the whirring as they move.

IF it didn't work could be your wav files were either the wrong sample rate or the wrong bit rate. Open one of the AO waves in a proggy like real player or win amp and get the stats on the file before you start replacing things. Be sure to use or convert wav files you want to use to the right bit and sample rate.

Talking ..

I dont know about anyone else.. But when Im zipping about in my yalms I always make the noises .. hehehe

I also always buzz over the heads of people and zip in and out of rock and tree formations.. hehe I have great fun flying and game driven noises would be wicked.

Then maybe having the specs of the /wav files would be ok to self customize our game client ...

yeah I would love to see some new sounds in this game.. Its so gayish that U have this wonderfull 3d env. but teh sounds are so bad... I like the music, but theres no or allmost none Gfx Sounds - They are all the same..

New sounds would be great!
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate