Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please dont destroy AO style pvp

Please dont destroy AO style pvp

Many guys are really worshipping the incomming balance. I would like balancing at some points, but i want also to point out why I enjoy playing AO.

I enjoy AO for its current pvp. I have been dissliking all patches that makes it less skill dependant. Less penalty to die now in pvp with the new title system and no ability to loot the other player. Same goes for dying in bs, thats no real penalty.

Now I also enjoy hotswaps and specials, that is something that makes AO unique from other games.
    By nerfing several specials and therefore nerfing the ability to swap weapons in combat. It will make the game less enjoyable for me to play.

I think that was it for now.
    Last edited by Arlancor; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 04:25:00.

cool story bro.

I agree on titles, I dont agree on death not having penalty on BS, it keeps the action fast with little downtime.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

I'd like to see a form of pvp where the item reclaims were still active.
    Obviously not all death should un-equip items as that isn't fun for the average player.
    But it would be nice to have an area where this happens for the really hardcore crowd.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    I'd like to see a form of pvp where the item reclaims were still active.
    Obviously not all death should un-equip items as that isn't fun for the average player.
    But it would be nice to have an area where this happens for the really hardcore crowd.
    I'm all for a real penatly upon dying in pvp, but losing a piece of CSS or CC everytime you die, no way. that would lead to even more farming than in the /afk days.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

So you want to say that you rather prefer O,N,M,L,1,2,3,4,5 "skill" than thinking about tactics and strategy in pvp? I dont.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    Big bump. Making PvP slower and less complex is not the way to go.
    Yeah, humping that soldier for 80 seconds is not the right way to go. Fix plx. We am want fast pee vee pee. Killing a soldier in under 4 seconds is so much more fun.

P.S.
    I'm am being sarcastic. Mods, feel free to remove this as well.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 15:09:29.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Two of the posts that critizise the way FC is balancing is allready taken away. Its not fun to do discussions under theese circumstanses.

Maybe they disappear because people aren't discussing but just flaming and shouting.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The best way to prevent forest fires is to control burn the underbrush...
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Profs like agents and shades should maintain a fast style of pvp, maybe NTs too. The main changes is making it so every profession doesn't alpha everyone else in 3 seconds.

Currently there is very little skill required other than placing all your tools and damage on your hotbar and spamming it when people are actually vulnerable, you use Mongo Rage, or you maxed out your %nano damage. I have played pure pvp MMOs, AO pvp is too dominated by pvm mechanics to be truly impressive in its current state. If anything should be commended for AO it would be its level of twinking, and how well a lower level opponent can be made to survive higher level opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Profs like agents and shades should maintain a fast style of pvp, maybe NTs too. The main changes is making it so every profession doesn't alpha everyone else in 3 seconds.

Currently there is very little skill required other than placing all your tools and damage on your hotbar and spamming it when people are actually vulnerable, you use Mongo Rage, or you maxed out your %nano damage. I have played pure pvp MMOs, AO pvp is too dominated by pvm mechanics to be truly impressive in its current state. If anything should be commended for AO it would be its level of twinking, and how well a lower level opponent can be made to survive higher level opponents.
    Perhaps Mongo rage is a bigger issue than how specials works? But even that can be avoided, and keeping the opponents dangerous makes it neccesary for us to react fast. Makeing pvp slower for every proffession but the ones you mentioned means less risks and more people rolling the said proffessions for fast kills.

Personaly I like to fight players with the ability to use MR, I am usualy saveing fear or a graft when im aware that they can instasplat me when they decide to.

I like seeing players hp drop, even tho im none of the said proffessions.

hear hear
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Seems the Devs team working on it is trying their best. So all input of information about likes or dislikes is take in to consideration. But making pvp too easy will hurt those that work hard in their toons.
    Last edited by lordcabro; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 20:10:25. Reason: Standed corrected

You mean a competition in which the only way to win is standing, striking KOs? No. Give it some variety, and it will be still possible to alpha someone, just not the old everyone and their mother with AS AS AS AS AS lame thing.

The looting thing was pretty funny though.

man people here don't know how to outheal AS.
    If you are a fixer/ma/crat just go with low hp setup and get heal delta imps... you can outheal AS every 11 seconds with that....
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    If you are a fixer/ma/crat just go with low hp setup and get heal delta imps... you can outheal AS every 11 seconds with that....
    Then with that low HP setup you spot a NT....
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

It's not everyone's goal in PVP to gimp themselves to outheal AS. Good thing that somethings are being fixed.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

well there's other reasons to be low hp lol. if you are an evader, it's prime to be in a low hp setup regardless of who you are fighting unless the person is doing nano dmg.
    low hp setups are the way endgamed evade professions pvp. If you don't do it, don't complain about other professions's toolsets when you can counter it.

There's not one setup to beat all, you need to make sacrifices here and there, leaving you better adapted for some professions and worst adapted for others.

for example if you hate nts, go nr8. but you become disadvantaged against other professions. There's pros and cons to every setup. The one you choose is the best suited for the most number of professions.
    Last edited by Anarchic1; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 22:35:46.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by julz View Post
    The looting thing was pretty funny though.
    It used to be possible to loot everything a player had looted/received since his last visit with a save terminal. You also got "XP Pinkies" from dead players, kind of like player ears in Diablo.
    But with rampant carebear protests in the first year or so of AO's existence, these things were removed along with most 25% zones.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

well there's other reasons to be low hp lol. if you are an evader, it's prime to be in a low hp setup regardless of who you are fighting unless the person is doing nano dmg.
    low hp setups are the way endgamed evade professions pvp. If you don't do it, don't complain about other professions's toolsets when you can counter it.

There's not one setup to beat all, you need to make sacrifices here and there, leaving you better adapted for some professions and worst adapted for others.

for example if you hate nts, go nr8. but you become disadvantaged against other professions. There's pros and cons to every setup. The one you choose is the best suited for the most number of professions.
    That's all obvious. What the real problem is that you think that people are complaining that they can't outheal AS. The deficiencies with AO PVP are much larger than this and their complaints about AS are just the tip of the iceberg. So when you dismiss people's posts with a 'PFFT l2p' response, that's pretty funny, almost ironic.

The best part of this thread is that for years now people have been complain about AO PVP and now that they are doing something about it, there are some that realize they don't really what it to be fixed because it has potentially negative implications for them. Be assured though, Advy's will be fine.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 23rd, 2010 at 02:03:42.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast