Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - March 19th, 2010: Every Day I'm Hustlin'

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    So, I have to ask.

If it's taking this long for the heads, do we expect to wait another 2 years for the bodies? Has that work even started?

Don't get me wrong, they look better than the old ones, but I dont think I am the only person getting tired of seeing new heads. Is all the other stuff the easy part or something? Or is it already done, and all we are waiting on is the heads?
    If not all, then quite a bit of the armor has already been redone & is visible on test (but running on the old engine). You can see examples from the "Compilation of material related to the upcoming graphics engine" thread here.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    If not all, then quite a bit of the armor has already been redone & is visible on test (but running on the old engine). You can see examples from the "Compilation of material related to the upcoming graphics engine" thread here.
    Very cool, thanx.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    That actually had me look up some info on the subject.... I was surprised at the imo rather high percentage of male persons suffering from it.

Source
    I'm R/G colourblind but have no problem with Mitaar. If you just watch the Spirits it's easy to hit the right pads.

As for the Collector screenies, meh. Exarch Robes/CoH guy, more Redeemed looking mobs...is it so hard to make a few new meshes/skins?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

bump for new textures and less reuse of old textures and mob skins. Using those old low-rez textures over and over again makes it boring to look at. And i would also say there is something wrong about the eyes of that trox

soooo.... collector - been playing ME2 a lot by any chance?

One thing I'd like to know with the naming clean up.... any chance 20+s get a 1 off option to get a rename (other than the transfered 20+)?

Reason I ask is, the original name I tried to get on my 1st toon nearly 5yrs ago, became free, so I created a new toon with it, but apparently I couldn't swap it to my main as its over lvl 20 (even via /petition)
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Filled 2 of my 5 accounts with names I want. Will use em all eventually, and they're not so common as to annoy people who also want them. Just characters from books like Fedmahn Kassad from Hyperion.

Quote Originally Posted by Revane View Post
    Filled 2 of my 5 accounts with names I want. Will use em all eventually, and they're not so common as to annoy people who also want them. Just characters from books like Fedmahn Kassad from Hyperion.
    It would be cool if we could rename our existing toons with the names we all logged on and reserved!
    "Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud!"

Proud General of Athen Paladins

Daddyrabbit 220/30/68 ENF (Thongmaster) Stuff

A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    It would be cool if we could rename our existing toons with the names we all logged on and reserved!
    Aye. Although having played AO so long, I have grown accustomed to my main names. I use Revaine just about everywhere now.

I'll just add my thoughts about the Atrox head.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the eyes, personally. I think they look alright. I'm more concerned with the facial expression of the head. I'm assuming that the facial features aren't animated, and we're stuck with whatever expression is currently on the face of our characters once we convert to the new heads. If that is wrong, and the expressions will change for some reason, then disregard this. However, one thing I liked about the Atrox heads up to now is that they are the MOST expressive characters in the game. Even their emotes are more fun to watch! The facial expression on the old head looked sad and dumb. Now, the new head completely lost the sad look and seems a little more intelligent, as well.

Granted, there are a FEW Atrox heads which have an intelligent look to them (the white bearded one and the black bearded one, for example), but most have a really goofy facial expression to reflect their backstory as being designed for strength as opposed to intellect. I really hope that the rest of the Atrox heads will stick to the character of the breed as strong, dumb, yet lovable (sometimes even sad) slabs of walking meatshield!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Meybe I wrong but I thenk you can use /name nick for more then level 20 now?

I think the expression on the new head is curious and contemplative - and that doesn't necessary mean it's intelligent. He could be wondering why pizza tastes awesome.

Biggest difference between the two heads is I can imagine the new one being animated, where I can't imagine the old one being animated.

Also, I can live with the huge iris and pupil combo if it's something that they make a breed feature of atroxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Is that a female atrox head?
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

IIRC, Means said that the atrox hair wouldnt't be transparent when put into the new engine. Well when looking at that picture it is.
    Also, with this picture, I can't really tell which looks better. I need a whole body shot
    Don't tell me that those chinese are only working on heads and not the whole body!
    Last edited by tyfowler; Mar 20th, 2010 at 06:18:11. Reason: lollerskates are for sissies.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

They give only head. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by tyfowler View Post
    IIRC, Means said that the atrox hair wouldnt't be transparent when put into the new engine. Well when looking at that picture it is.
    That's because he didn't say that. He said the hair transparency will work properly in the engine; in the screenshots of whatever 3D program they have, it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Was he the recent Registered Sex Offender to move into Rubi-Ka?

77rd omg!!!!

I almost began to weep when I saw how you felt about not having anything to write about, but actually it's no less than the usual normal Fridays.
    Looking good with the overall development mate. Can't wait till everything hits a patch.
    The head looks great and please give us a full body work over next time for a complete impression

Have a good weekend....

Number 137yeah !!
    man i start to like fridays without"means" they somehow makes more sense and gives more info out :P

anyways dont late the hungry server hamster ate it all
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...9&d=1269016124

Does it means MPs will be allowed to dual wield 2hb weapons? :P
    The dude really looks like a pissed off MP to me

I think the heads look fine. Facial expressions/animations aside The old heads where so low quality people read into them what they wanted. And as the game evolves I think so to should the the atrox. Once everything is done Im sure it will all fit together.

I to would like to see the new body models as it would complete the final look and show the direction of the final product.

10 minute video please!
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast