Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - March 19th, 2010: Every Day I'm Hustlin'

That atrox head has been sinified.Defenetly. The facial features have a strong asian feel. Influence of where they are drawn no doubt.

And for the cuty little baby that was born on this day a big bottle of milk. Or any other "reasonable" substitute beverage.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

New atrox head says - I hope no one notice that i'm taking a crap in my pants right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    There isn't that much effect spam in the new instance, and it can actually be played without effects turned on, so there shouldn't be too much lag from that end to worry about. =) That said, as far as a release goes, it should be coming in with the next content patch (ie: the one with the Daily Missions system).
    Excellent news. Mitaar Hero was unplayable for me with my old graphics card, and I know people on good comptuers who get under 10 frames a second on alien ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by tarleo View Post
    new atrox head says - i hope no one notice that i'm taking a crap in my pants right now.
    lmao

Berinda the same with red green blind players

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    Berinda the same with red green blind players
    That actually had me look up some info on the subject.... I was surprised at the imo rather high percentage of male persons suffering from it.

What colorblindness is:

* Color blindness (color vision deficiency) is a condition in which certain colors cannot be distinguished, and is most commonly due to an inherited condition. Red/Green color blindness is by far the most common form, about 99%, and causes problems in distinguishing reds and greens. Another color deficiency Blue/Yellow also exists, but is rare and there is no commonly available test for it.
    * Depending on just which figures you believe, color blindness seems to occur in about 8% - 12% of males of European origin and about one-half of 1% of females. I did not find any figures for frequency in other races. Total color blindness (seeing in only shades of gray) is extremely rare.
    * There is no treatment for color blindness, nor is it usually the cause of any significant disability. However, it can be very frustrating for individuals affected by it. Those who are not color blind seem to have the misconception that color blindness means that a color blind person sees only in black and white or shades of gray. While this sort of condition is possible, it is extremely rare. Being color blind does keep one from performing certain jobs and makes others difficult.

...snip...

Some of the information on this page was taken from:

* An article by: Diana H. Heath, M.D., a member of the Morton Plant medical staff, specializing in ophthalmology. http://www.zipmall.com/mpm-art-colorbl.htm
    * The webpage written by Terrace L. Waggoner, O.D., Staff Naval Hospital
    Pensacola http://members.aol.com/nocolorvsn/color2.htm
    Source
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Useless, this trox is not bald!

Not realy digging the head either... The head is rounder and alot more Mr nice guy rather then an expression of anger, like the old ones. What happened to the underbite and the exposed teeth on the lower jaw? The opi heads that were posted in earlier threads (the atrox head was aswell, just didn't respond to it back then) didn't look much like the orriginal feel of opifex either. They had a streched face, a pointy chin, narrow ears and squinted eyes. Instead everything's round now, while troxes should be square and opi's should be edgy.

All new heads have that understanding and comforting look... realy nicely done if this was a different game, but this is Anarchy Online. There's wars raging, everyone's mad at the world and always ready to fight whatever comes at them. An atrox expresses mad rage, an opifex has a clever look and a nanomage is an evil genius. Enough with the rounded heads and big eyes already (did you compare the iris of the old and new atrox head? manga anyone?).

The work the team put forth on the heads is realy amazing, it looks brilliant! But to be honest, they did a realy lously job at interpetating the old ones. The expression on them is quite clear, even if they're only 3 pixels.

Now that we've had the name clean up, many people have reserved names that they want...how about a paid rename service for people to rename their toons whatever they want?
    "Hey Chucko, that doesn't smell like mud!"

Proud General of Athen Paladins

Daddyrabbit 220/30/68 ENF (Thongmaster) Stuff

A fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    All new heads have that understanding and comforting look... realy nicely done if this was a different game, but this is Anarchy Online.
    Yeah, I sort of agree with this. The new faces seem to be awfully round, more "human" and the same time mangaish than the earlier ones. The new Opi and trox heads are ditching the look of their respective races and bringing them more in line with your generic Solitus. It's like Opis are becoming nothing but grey skinned, thin humans and troxes are starting to look more like Solituses on steroids.

While the heads are great otherwise, it's true, they aren't very Anarchy Online-y.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

In my opinion the head is great. Rather resemble a human instead of a monkey or somethin Happy bday mstrbstrd!

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    Not realy digging the head either... The head is rounder and alot more Mr nice guy rather then an expression of anger, like the old ones. What happened to the underbite and the exposed teeth on the lower jaw? The opi heads that were posted in earlier threads (the atrox head was aswell, just didn't respond to it back then) didn't look much like the orriginal feel of opifex either. They had a streched face, a pointy chin, narrow ears and squinted eyes. Instead everything's round now, while troxes should be square and opi's should be edgy.

All new heads have that understanding and comforting look... realy nicely done if this was a different game, but this is Anarchy Online. There's wars raging, everyone's mad at the world and always ready to fight whatever comes at them. An atrox expresses mad rage, an opifex has a clever look and a nanomage is an evil genius. Enough with the rounded heads and big eyes already (did you compare the iris of the old and new atrox head? manga anyone?).

The work the team put forth on the heads is realy amazing, it looks brilliant! But to be honest, they did a realy lously job at interpetating the old ones. The expression on them is quite clear, even if they're only 3 pixels.
    Totally

So, I have to ask.

If it's taking this long for the heads, do we expect to wait another 2 years for the bodies? Has that work even started?

Don't get me wrong, they look better than the old ones, but I dont think I am the only person getting tired of seeing new heads. Is all the other stuff the easy part or something? Or is it already done, and all we are waiting on is the heads?
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

About the Collector play field. I am sure a lot of work is going into it with new game mechanics and its not complete yet, but in the end will it look exactly the same as Pand? Do you all plan to re-mesh the ground and walls with a new texture or at least a different color, because that would be great.

The translucent hair looks funny, douse it look better if AA actuality turned on?
    The atrox Iris and Pupil are still way to big to look natural, even though we are talking about a genetically engineered breed.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Thanks for the update Kintai, always fun to read your rants.

I like the new pictures, but as several stated when you posted the first atrox renders, the Iris/Pupil is approx 3 times too large giving a rather sick look. Else it's great to see it in place.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    If it's taking this long for the heads, do we expect to wait another 2 years for the bodies? Has that work even started?
    Luckily bodies ought to be easier since there's no 100+ of them to do, just like one texture and a few models, tops.

Plus, NMs and Solis use the same body model!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    That actually had me look up some info on the subject.... I was surprised at the imo rather high percentage of male persons suffering from it.

Source
    Umh interesting...

BuRpp!

Now give us possibility to buy more character slot on same account to roll plenty of trox!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    Has that work even started?
    Yes.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Happy birthday MstrBstrd. great job on the... that thing you did. was really iimpressive to see stuff doing stuff. j/k

like the look of the atrox head. something about the forehead looks off, but nice to actually be able to see real features. besides the different eye color/shape, and the new one no longer having the side of his head dented in, they are pretty much identical.

*edit* I don't think the new trox looks more intelligent than the old one. he just doesn't look as helpless.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Mar 19th, 2010 at 22:22:33.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast