Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engy's nano drain mine. Enough please :P

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Im not sure what uber tricks omni engineers use, but this is how a usualy pvp fight vs a engineer looks like.
    The better geared ones just seems to need another push of a button or 2.

Link
    By the look of it, the engie is green, you attack him while hes capping and he doesnt have coon up. Every prof dies to a NT in such conditions.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

meh let me explain (since it was me minin dj)

The reason I was using nanomines was that I had wolf+gsf, and could easily catch EVERY clan in bs at that time.

Had clan been outrunning me/kiting/lame4capping/zerging etc etc (IE the usual crap) you would not have seen these mines.

Honestly I almost removed them from my hotbar/inv.

Besides, it only Fs you with nbg, which allows you to loltank the engy and kill them.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    By the look of it, the engie is green, you attack him while hes capping and he doesnt have coon up. Every prof dies to a NT in such conditions.
    He is 219 afaik.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

I love these nano mines, timed right you can mess up nano dependant professions like Agents in fp Doc or even some Enfo's stopping them being able to rage/mongo. Anything that puts the enemy on the back foot thinking about something else is welcome to me.

NT's are just like Traders, anything that makes them go squish easier is a good thing since the style they play is lame and bad for the game, especially defence (chicken) set up ones. Hate root, blind and run with a vengence.

Make the roots and blinds breakable with the slightest bit of damage and maybe we could look at the mine.

I'm surprised at you Dj. Of all the annoyances Engineers come with, those mines are somewhere below bottom of the list.

Only annoyance I find with Engineers is their pets are the hardest to CC. Engie runspeed and complete lack of any meaningful crowd control should eliminate you ever being mined, at least in a 1 on 1 encounter.

Having said that, Rdord is the only Engineer I've personally witnessed making good use of Engi mines.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Well, it was the 1st time ever i was hit with these, i didn t even know they existed. The 2 other engy that tried to piss me off since that, probably after reading this thread, forget to drop 2 on me, even if one kinda reduce NBG impact too.

I m just discussing tools that in my opinion are too one sided, i m not sure this is a correct design. Might be fixed if they finally offer NT a possiblity to refill pool, or if NBG is ditched, wiping our passive DtN reflect wouldn't be so hardcore for instance.

It is in no way a whine thread "waa waa i can't kill engies", i do, i understand GTH can be used 6x more often at the very least, or that engy using snare mine one by one might never ever has both mines ready to use for a NT, but it is still kind of a big /win factor for a single tool, more specially when the said NT is in Def Focus, can't use NS2 cause it would be suicidal, DD the engy slower then a LE nuke NT because of reflect, and need to stand still 2 seconds at each cast.

GTH is a lot more retarded of course, but it has been around since ages now, has been discussed left and right, i could say more about it then about nanodrain mines but when you see Means saying things like "GTH is generating way lot more then tears on the forums then its actual effect on the battleground" or w/e {Removed by Venachar: Mind your language, please.} he came up with there is kinda no point

Call that nitpicking if you want, it probably is, altho i think FC can only win this whole rebalance thing if they take this kind of details in consideration ^ Goes for a lot of other things.

I m all for specific defense against crippling tools, so that nothing is a /win factor against anyone. On paper, couple exemple : gives solja immunity to BR, crat immunity to LE nukes and/or CB, doc and NT immunity to GTH, NT immunity to nano mines, fixer immunity to LE nukes, NT immunity to init debuff procs from doc, stuff like that, for the sake of making fight more interesting. Note, more could be said, and/or those exemples aren't exactly what would need to be done, but i hope yall got the idea . See, for instance, it might be perfectly right that crat were immune to CB in current game design, but it would be dumb to nerf CB for all ther situation in which this tool is justified and without which NT can't function.

Edit : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...14#post5751914
    Last edited by Venachar; Mar 23rd, 2010 at 23:37:15.

Trying to mine a moving target when they actually have to physically step on the mine is mostly sheer luck. Anticipating where they will be combined with sync issues and an engineer's mediocre at best runspeed make it quite hard. And we only get 2 tries every 6 minutes.

Dropping it directly where you are standing when someone is in melee range of you however, is extremely easy.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    Well, it was the 1st time ever i was hit with these, i didn t even know they existed. The 2 other engy that tried to piss me off since that, probably after reading this thread, forget to drop 2 on me, even if one kinda reduce NBG impact too.

I m just discussing tools that in my opinion are too one sided, i m not sure this is a correct design. Might be fixed if they finally offer NT a possiblity to refill pool, or if NBG is ditched, wiping our passive DtN reflect wouldn't be so hardcore for instance.

It is in no way a whine thread "waa waa i can't kill engies", i do, i understand GTH can be used 6x more often at the very least, or that engy using snare mine one by one might never ever has both mines ready to use for a NT, but it is still kind of a big /win factor for a single tool, more specially when the said NT is in Def Focus, can't use NS2 cause it would be suicidal, DD the engy slower then a LE nuke NT because of reflect, and need to stand still 2 seconds at each cast.

GTH is a lot more retarded of course, but it has been around since ages now, has been discussed left and right, i could say more about it then about nanodrain mines but when you see Means saying things like "GTH is generating way lot more then tears on the forums then its actual effect on the battleground" or w/e bull**** he came up with there is kinda no point

Call that nitpicking if you want, it probably is, altho i think FC can only win this whole rebalance thing if they take this kind of details in consideration ^ Goes for a lot of other things.

I m all for specific defense against crippling tools, so that nothing is a /win factor against anyone. On paper, couple exemple : gives solja immunity to BR, crat immunity to LE nukes and/or CB, doc and NT immunity to GTH, NT immunity to nano mines, fixer immunity to LE nukes, NT immunity to init debuff procs from doc, stuff like that, for the sake of making fight more interesting. Note, more could be said, and/or those exemples aren't exactly what would need to be done, but i hope yall got the idea . See, for instance, it might be perfectly right that crat were immune to CB in current game design, but it would be dumb to nerf CB for all ther situation in which this tool is justified and without which NT can't function.

Edit : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...14#post5751914
    I MIGHT agree with you....after the balancing(specifically nanocost/regem adjustment. Just not yet. With meaningful nanocosts on nanos, alba drain ring/demo line(which ill perk+ip grenade once i can FIPR again), you might see a more balanced/effective nanodraining toolset.

Although the ability to effect a large group of people all at once is unique and interesting gameplay wise, I can understand that 1v1 these seem OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Great, now he's never going to stop Epeening.
    /flex
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123