Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improve PvP Teaming by reworking Buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I think the people who hand over cash to play should be allowed to choose how they want to PvP, within the rules of conduct of course.

While it is probably too big of an ask for FC to concentrate on solo PvP, they shouldn't be making it, or be encouraged to make it, downright impossible either.

PvM content, Notum Wars, flagged PvP and now Battlestation. AO is Zerg Online.
    I think you may have missed my intended point which was specifically in reference to BS. The activity is side vs side but that is not encourage as it is in other games that have similar activities. I haven't played every game out there or even close.. but every game I've played that has a side vs side type instanced area like AO's battlestations throws you into some sort of raid interface. By default that encourages teamplay which is what someone would expect to have if they joined BS for the first time, not knowing what players have turned it into.

If I go to one of the arenas I would expect 1v1.. or if I flag up in Bor.. I expect 1v1. Battlestations isn't 1 man for himself. If people are doing pvp alone, while in battlestations, for the fun of the hunt then they shouldn't have an issue with solo kills being disabled OR (which makes more sense) everyone being automatically added to a raid interface. Those people that wish to go it alone can.. those that want to teamplay can as well and those just solo farming pvp titles will need to go do it in the arena, via duels or via flagged pvp in 'the streets' and won't disrupt the teamplay nature of BS just because they can.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think you may have missed my intended point which was specifically in reference to BS. The activity is side vs side but that is not encourage as it is in other games that have similar activities. I haven't played every game out there or even close.. but every game I've played that has a side vs side type instanced area like AO's battlestations throws you into some sort of raid interface. By default that encourages teamplay which is what someone would expect to have if they joined BS for the first time, not knowing what players have turned it into.

If I go to one of the arenas I would expect 1v1.. or if I flag up in Bor.. I expect 1v1. Battlestations isn't 1 man for himself. If people are doing pvp alone, while in battlestations, for the fun of the hunt then they shouldn't have an issue with solo kills being disabled OR (which makes more sense) everyone being automatically added to a raid interface. Those people that wish to go it alone can.. those that want to teamplay can as well and those just solo farming pvp titles will need to go do it in the arena, via duels or via flagged pvp in 'the streets' and won't disrupt the teamplay nature of BS just because they can.
    BS was supposed to be PvP on demand -and- a way to earn VP. My point still stands, paid money for LE, pay money for subscription, PvP how you want to.

Some people like to team, some don't, it should be up to the players. All FC should limit their involvement to, is making sure that teaming doesn't utterly wipe out the enjoyment of solo PvP.

Outside of NW, I like to solo. On RK1 at least, solo PvP is almost dead, with both sides having at -least- a 6 man /assist squad running around, same goes for flag PvP, no one flags alone. That leaves me with duels, which are nowhere near as much fun as running solo. So I don't PvP anymore, hell, my account freezes in three days and I'm not renewing it.

Don't confuse this with emo though, that's not the only reason I'm not renewing, I've got so much going on in RK4 atm that I cannot justify the cost. However, the one reason I did log in, which was to run around solo on the BS for a bit, has gone, making the decision that much easier. I have 3x 220/30/70s in practically end game gear, I can't be bothered leveling yet another especially with a heavy top end grind, which leaves PvP.
    Last edited by Hacre; Mar 17th, 2010 at 12:14:54.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I'm still hoping we see org based Notum Wars one day, but I can understand why that might be an unachievable utopia.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    BS is a PvP joke. There's literally no downside to dying. In some situations it's a welcome option to die. Getting solo kills is a grind. There's no challenge, there's no skill, there's only time put into it and relative speeds at which each player/prof can accomplish the grind. Find someone you can kill, unload perks and specials, waste time until you can repeat.

Lots of glory in that, gratz man...
    This is what poor PVP'ers generally say.
    If you don't enjoy the competition of going up against skilled opponents, on your own, with a million different variables to hold up - then well, sorry, I guess you aren't really PVP'ing.

I never said racking up solo kills was awesome. I said solo PVP was/is, and should be regarded as the pinnacle of "pvp abilitiezzz"
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    This is what poor PVP'ers generally say.
    If you don't enjoy the competition of going up against skilled opponents, on your own, with a million different variables to hold up - then well, sorry, I guess you aren't really PVP'ing.

I never said racking up solo kills was awesome. I said solo PVP was/is, and should be regarded as the pinnacle of "pvp abilitiezzz"
    This. It's puzzling why people always measure PvP by how titles are achieved. Surely PvP should be measured by what the PvPer does, not what title they have, the number of kills, or how much time they spend sitting around after they die.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    PvM content, Notum Wars, flagged PvP and now Battlestation. AO is Zerg Online.
    You can have team based content without making it a zerg. Instances already killed most of the PvE zerg raids. Just need well thought PvP activities now...
    blah

Yeah, i agree with solo pvp comment. I think some prof aren't suited for solo pvp, tho (solja, doc, trader in a way, altho i d love to see a solo trader to be sure but i think it might be a lot of fail, so don't blame em ).

By extension, running by 2, 3 maybe but mainly 2, can be a nice extension to those solo pvp abilities, i think. You really gotta have to learn your partner toolset in detail, and the next step is about knowing perfectly how your 1 + 1 team = 3 ) (Van Dam copyrighted). Too many peeps and it quickly move in the zerg ! zerg ! zerg ! gameplay.

Main issue i got with sticking as a pair is gettin scattered when it is time to run away cause you can't take down the opponents, or one die, and while he rezz in deco, the other guy is engaged in solo fights and you can never catch up TS server would probably fix that ofc . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You can have team based content without making it a zerg. Instances already killed most of the PvE zerg raids. Just need well thought PvP activities now...
    No it didn't. Zergs can just happily max out the raid size in an instance where they're not "bothering anybody".
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12