Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Theres no way in hell that FC will pump so much money in to the AO engine and then not advertise for AO when its done..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Theres no way in hell that FC will pump so much money in to the AO engine and then not advertise for AO when its done..
    There will be advertising. There will not be TV Commercials during the Superbowl but there will certainly be print and targeted site advertising.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

You try to sploit, you get your items jacked, you petition to get your acc back, you get banned.

Seems fair to me. ^^
    {Removed by Anarrina: Plagiarism is unamusing. See me for questions.}

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    There will be advertising. There will not be TV Commercials during the Superbowl but there will certainly be print and targeted site advertising.
    Dwight Schultz as Howlin Mad Murdock in a skit about how he IS a Ranged Adventurer IRL?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Im sure ozzy osbourne would star in the ads!
    {Removed by Anarrina: Plagiarism is unamusing. See me for questions.}

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    What makes you think FC is pumping a ton of money into {AO's use of }the engine? Their quarterly reports say nothing of any investment in the effort. There hasn't been any forward looking statements made in the past 4 reports, at least. They're reusing the existing FC engine, AO staff have been working extra hrs to get the work done, so its apparent that the engine upgrade is an initiative taken on by the dedication and hard work of the AO team, rather than a major initiative of FC itself. So while they might be able to eek out some ad $ from FC after the implementation, don't expect any kind of big bucks going into a Re-birth of AO advertising campaign.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

They could do ads like Evony, but with Means sitting on his tractor taking his shirt off one advertisement at a time.

That'll bring in the players, I'm tellin you.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

I think a little bit of investment (print and online ads sound about right) would be worth it. MMOs on AO's scale take years and a good chunk of money to develop. Not only have they already done that--and the game probably paid for itself a long time ago--, they've also got 8 years worth of additions and a bunch of decent awards to brag about. Point I'm trying to make is that it would be silly for them not to pump a little money into an IP they already have, after they just spent a bunch of money on two completely new ones.
    Silnumtao 220 Doc
    Sebquantic 150 Agent

So you WONT be giving washed up 80's TV stars special items? Bah! How about an "Artona Baldness Grenade" thats sure to bring in the ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    What makes you think FC is pumping a ton of money into {AO's use of }the engine? Their quarterly reports say nothing of any investment in the effort. There hasn't been any forward looking statements made in the past 4 reports, at least. They're reusing the existing FC engine, AO staff have been working extra hrs to get the work done, so its apparent that the engine upgrade is an initiative taken on by the dedication and hard work of the AO team, rather than a major initiative of FC itself. So while they might be able to eek out some ad $ from FC after the implementation, don't expect any kind of big bucks going into a Re-birth of AO advertising campaign.
    Quarterly reports aren't like court documents. They're legally required to report certain things, but I'm pretty sure they don't have to lay out detailed future plans for all their products. Also, there's probably a little fluff and subtle advertisement going on, since those things are also designed to be read by stockholders, not just auditors.
    Silnumtao 220 Doc
    Sebquantic 150 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Silnumtao View Post
    Quarterly reports aren't like court documents. They're legally required to report certain things, but I'm pretty sure they don't have to lay out detailed future plans for all their products. Also, there's probably a little fluff and subtle advertisement going on, since those things are also designed to be read by stockholders, not just auditors.
    keep the faith, man.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

removed
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2010 at 15:08:34. Reason: repost

Anyone else notice that Funcom is realy focused on the grass part... Its always we did this and this... THIS GRASS LOOKS AWESOME!
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Anyone else notice that Funcom is realy focused on the grass part... Its always we did this and this... THIS GRASS LOOKS AWESOME!
    NoU.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Will the grass be inflammable?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Will the grass be inflammable?
    Or smokeable ? :s
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    Or will Advies in wolf morph be able to drag their asses along it?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Or will Advies in wolf morph be able to drag their asses along it?
    Depends, is the glitch still there that you can look to be moving while sitting?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Depends, is the glitch still there that you can look to be moving while sitting?
    if not, perhaps that could be added as an emote?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast