Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    First!

FINALLY! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!
    Grats Kintaii, about damn time I'd say

Since this is the "hot" topic, is it possible to get a statement about the /org kick issue from any FC dudes/dudettes ?
    If this is Working As Intended™ i would like the recipes for whatever they were smoking/drinking/using to make it seem like a good idea
    Proud General Of The Glowing Nightflies

Means,

This may have been answered elsewhere but I have a question regarding the nemesis nano changes. I know that you are starting with BR and GTH and have versions on Test. Is the plan to revamp all of the nemesis nanos and then release them all at the same time to the live servers (along with whatever rebalancing efforts) or are you planning to release changes as they are made?

Also, I went to Test yesterday and tried out a couple of the daily quests.. interesting concept. Will we get to see the reward values on Test or will that come as a surprise once the quests hit Live?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 12th, 2010 at 19:17:04.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Quick note:

I think that about covers this Darwinian issue as this is a problem that will take care of itself. Do we need to make a rap-video of this?
    You mean like this?
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

BR

The most recent version of this nano is on TestLive for anyone who is still interested. I think it is pretty close to "done" at this point. Reasonable but not overwhelming.
    Aww! Now how would I go about soloing tara with 50-60 clans vs. myself without 100% reflect?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't have much technical expertise on this topic but it sounds like that is going to be a lot of work. I mean, if it's a lot of work doing this for each and every zone, with the amount of zones AO has. Is this something that is going to take 6-90 months or will it go quickly for the rest of the zones once you have worked through Borealis?

depending on how they have it set up, some of may be script-able, swapping X for XX and Y for YY. Whether or not they can implement it that way I dunno, lot of legacy code there to work with. Prolly a mix of the two, script runs till it hits an error and a hooman fixes it, like normal
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Damn was hoping for info on GTH this week.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

So, like many of you I'm sure, I anxiously await each FWM primarily to get a status on the new engine. I'm excited for what it will look like and hoping that it will help reviatlize the AO player base. With the exception of updates on the daily missions (so excited!), this is number one on my list of the new things I really want to see in AO. But I've realized that there is a huge gap between my understanding of what has happened, what needs to happen, and what should be the realistic expectation for when we can actually get a chance to at least test the new engine. My progression has been something like:

::Means shows a 16 secnd rough cut::
    Wewt! They have obviously got it working since this is the new engine and they are playing it somewhere. I mean, this can't just be a movie, but an actual player in the new engine.

::Means says items are done and optimization begins::
    Holy crap! All the items are done and now they are just optimizing. Must be really close.

::Means shows a screen shot of the new trox head::
    Okay, wait. They are still working on heads, so maybe it's not as close as I thought.

::Means says no delays on the engine::
    Um... what does "no delays" mean? Can you really have delays on something that has no promised delivery date?

::Means says old engine almost entirely cut out and integration begins::
    Yay! Integration is here almost! We must be getting to see it soon!

::Means promise new video in three weeks::
    Um... wait, we're getting a new video in three weeks? But...

::Means gives a screen shot peek::
    Peek at what? Is this a screen shot from an actual character in game, or an artists rendition of what it should look like?

With his last post, I realize that I do not understand what the terms being used mean regarding the actual place on the time line for implmentation. For me, integration means out with the old and in with the new. Optimization means we've got everything running and are now in the process of making sure it runs smoothly for everyone. But now, since they are just starting on the Bor playfield and making sure that the new stuff displays (which I thought was already done when they said the old stuff was out and the new stuff was in) I have absolutely no sense of where we are in the timeline.

So, from those of you who understand what all this means, where are we realistically? Obviously no one wants to commit to a date they can't hit, but in a general sense do you feel that we still have the work of months ahead of us, or years? And please, this is not a slam against Means or the crew. I just honestly don't understand where we are at in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quick note:It is all very sad and pathetic...even if in a way he is performing a public service. 20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return.
    This, in a way, tells how desperate situation must be on RK2 (or we simply have more idiotic people playing there :shrug: ).

Oh, and about BR... Why it has to check melee reflect? Why not some other, like, poison, radiation...? Anything else but melee.

The most devastating perks in this game are exclusively melee damage based ones, so it's kind of "unfair" to base check on this damage type reflect. Phew, I hope you guys understood what I'm babbling about here.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

(the first playfield we are completely updating to new standards)
    The new engine info has me worried if you are just on the first playfield of many you are going to completely update. Maybe its a bit easier then it actually sounds though and we will have engine working before start of next year.

Will much work be going into completely upgrading Shadowlands as well, or is it more of a Rubi-Ka thing?

The "Collector" instance should be coming at the same time...I've actually has some fun this week as Kintaii let me help a little with making a few suprises for along the way to the "Final Boss" of the instance.
    So there will actually be stuff on the way to boss and not just plopped into a room to kill?
    If so... woot!
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return.
    There goes 50% of RK2 population.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite0 View Post
    There goes 50% of TL7 RK2 Borealis population.
    fixed

oh and lol at those who contemplated using a hack and lost toons
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Mar 12th, 2010 at 20:16:18.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

No, offense but this thing didnt even need a keylogger, user/pw is stored out in the open after a player logs in../
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    No, offense but this thing didnt even need a keylogger, user/pw is stored out in the open after a player logs in../
    How do you know this?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    thats not good at all.... wtb a fix for that. losing a toon without doing something stupid would be tragic.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    How do you know this?
    Cause it's common knowledge. Check the cmd line of the client when it's running. You'll find your username and password in plain text.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    can we also get /org kick fixed please?
    Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    No vet points displaying on account page.

Both have been annoying me for a while now... Fix plx

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Cause it's common knowledge. Check the cmd line of the client when it's running. You'll find your username and password in plain text.
    AAh, I misunderstood then. I thought he was saying that this hacker-software registered your username and password and that because of this there was no need for a separate keylogger integrated in it, or something like that

Now it makes sense, ty
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quick note:

I'm sure you are all already aware that downloading the AO-Hack program from a link on YouTube is a bad idea. The "new version" has one significant new feature...a key-logger. The person spamming this link is using stolen accounts to advertise his "product". It is all very sad and pathetic...even if in a way he is performing a public service. 20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return. I think that about covers this Darwinian issue as this is a problem that will take care of itself. Do we need to make a rap-video of this?
    ROFLMFFAO!!!
    Darwinism is a wonderful thing!
    Yes, yes, make the rap vidio! You could get Epicine to do it! lol

ps. No...you can't have my tractor!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    This, in a way, tells how desperate situation must be on RK2 (or we simply have more idiotic people playing there :shrug: ).

Oh, and about BR... Why it has to check melee reflect? Why not some other, like, poison, radiation...? Anything else but melee.

The most devastating perks in this game are exclusively melee damage based ones, so it's kind of "unfair" to base check on this damage type reflect. Phew, I hope you guys understood what I'm babbling about here.
    why does RK2 even exist any more? their just plain isnt enough people their and 20 220 accounts is a pretty big blow

server transfer to rk1 from rk2, pretty please with a atrox head on top.
    ill challange you to a game of bob the builder... TO THE DEATH!!! for it

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast