Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Despite my lack of delivery on this one the work is proceding well and the actual "production" side of the new engine work is beginning to be implemented. "Old stuff" is displaying and we are currently working through the hideous process of making the "new stuff" work with our world-building and graphical tools...exporters, resource databases etc. The artists are currently tearing through Borealis (the first playfield we are completely updating to new standards), chosen for the fact that it makes use of pretty much all new features (grass, water, light, bump-mapping etc) and hopefully (no promises no promises!!!) we can show it soon.
    I don't have much technical expertise on this topic but it sounds like that is going to be a lot of work. I mean, if it's a lot of work doing this for each and every zone, with the amount of zones AO has. Is this something that is going to take 6-90 months or will it go quickly for the rest of the zones once you have worked through Borealis?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

First person to subvert the thread and turn it into a balance discussion about <insert nano>

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    First person to subvert the thread and turn it into a balance discussion about <insert nano>
    nerf advys

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    Ohh, fingers crossed for Remedy Inhibitor. Those are always fun

2nd page!
    Darwin still prevails.
    Although im still having problems logging in.
    Lovechild 220 Advy

Hey guys I gave my bank account to this Nigerian prince who said I won the lottery or something. Was that a bad idea?

Oh and come on, you must have some idea about deadlines on stuff! When will the new engine be ready and when are we looking at seeing some prototype work on the balancing.

My idea of soon(tm) and your idea of soon(tm) seem to be completely different things. You must have some idea in the back of your mind of the dates you are aiming for... you already squandered any personal credibility you had (see above) so spill it. What exactly do you have to lose at this point.

Unable to log in. No vet points displaying on account page.

The first is a real problem and, I would suggest, supercedes any others. The second is just annoying but shows a disregard for long time paying players, players who currently, are paying but not playing, see problem one above.

No word on the forums, no acknowledgment that there's even a problem from the game director in his weekly communication to the masses.

Not very reassuring at all

Also, managed to log in now. Ddos attack from angry keylogger makers? ^^

hopefully (no promises no promises!!!) we can show it soon.
    It's pronounced soon (tee em)
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Oh well, im going to guess 6 months =p
    Optimistic
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Quick note:

I'm sure you are all already aware that downloading the AO-Hack program from a link on YouTube is a bad idea. The "new version" has one significant new feature...a key-logger. The person spamming this link is using stolen accounts to advertise his "product". It is all very sad and pathetic...even if in a way he is performing a public service. 20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return. I think that about covers this Darwinian issue as this is a problem that will take care of itself. Do we need to make a rap-video of this?
    I believe we went over this one, Means, you'd do much better with a Death Metal band given what you've described your voice as.

Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    No vet points displaying on account page.
    yeah was wondering about that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post
    Optimistic
    Yeah i know but i like to let my bad side out of its cage at times *goes back to prepare for WWIII like a reasonable person* ^_______^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I need some clarity on the name cleanup. I still havent recieved any email about it so i cant make use of the 5$ offer which i planned to do to make sure i dont loose any of my names, but since i havent recieved any mail does that mean none of my chars are in danger, or did FC simply skip me for some reason? :P
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    First!

FINALLY! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!
    That deserves a heartfelt 'grats Kintaii
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Some info about BR on test atm:

It lasts 10 sec.
    It has 60 sec cooldown.
    It can be cast on anyone that has 1% melee reflect or higher.
    It debuffs 12% reflect on someone that has rrfe (30% reflect) running.
    It debuffs 15% on someone that has 60% reflect running.

BR Overwrites smaller reflects in the traders ncu (if the trader gets 18 from BR for example, it will cancel any lower reflects in the traders NCU).
    BR positive effect lasts 10 min on trader.

BR doesn't stack with other reflects in the traders NCU like rrfe and such but BR will not cancel reflects either unless BR buffs more than the reflect the trader already has. So rrfe will never be canceled by using BR as rrfe gives more reflect than BR does.

It does add 18 reflect to the trader if the target has rrfe running and the trader doesn't have rrfe.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Mar 12th, 2010 at 19:17:47.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Ok, tested it on someone else that had rrfe running. BR does not give any positive effect to the trader at all.
    What if you dont have RRFE yourself?

Maybe it only over-writes lesser reflects like i proposed -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    First!

FINALLY! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!
    Cheater
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    What if you dont have RRFE yourself?

Maybe it only over-writes lesser reflects like i proposed -.^
    Edited in some info in my last post
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Mar 12th, 2010 at 19:16:53.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast