Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    What about the ppl whose chars where named for example "Somedood1".
    My Shade had a failed transfer and after some time he was back on rk3 with a One added. :/

Once the transfer succeded I couldn't use the /name nick etc because my shades original name was already taken according to the name bot. But if you do a cc addbuddy to test if a char exists with this name then there is no char but I can't still rename my shade to his original name without the One. :/
    So petition it, you're not going to get much help here.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So petition it, you're not going to get much help here.
    How many petitions about it are enough?

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    How many petitions about it are enough?
    Well considering you said nothing about petitioning it already in your previous post, I'd say 1 would be a good start.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Sounds like they're breaking the following to me:

(That can be found at the bottom of this page)
    A simple check of which character was rolled first should help determine who's impersonating who, and help resolve the situation I would think?

One possible solution would be to lock names on all servers to one account if it's used, so the first person to roll a character called 'Mikenche' would lock that name to their account while they had any characters of that name on any server, and they'd be the only one who could roll a character with that name on another server. Messy but could help stop the sale of names just because of how awkward it would be to sell a name under such circumstances, while also preventing GMs/ARKs/Funcom employees/Players from being impersonated on other servers.

Fortunately nothing like this has happened to me though, just giving my opinion on the situation.
    Better yet, revamp the login to have you choose a character (changing the total characters per account to 16, instead of 8 per server) & then choose which server to play on. Use the same naming policy they just did, where the oldest name keeps their name & the newer name gets appended, then the player chooses another name.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314