Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quote Originally Posted by mettagirl View Post
    GAH !! & the fricken name-change Dyna skips a spawn !!

/goes back to camping the nick he wants

I got 4
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Means let come on delays for hours or delays for days? People are literally spending the day sitting and waiting. More info would be good.

Edit fail you said this week.

Man a week of no AO

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post
    Means let come on delays for hours or delays for days? People are literally spending the day sitting and waiting. More info would be good.

yeah some sort info would be MUCH appreciated...

While "this week" technically includes today, I doubt that very much.

This is Major Bull because I'm waiting for just that I mean I want to start a new char but why would I want to use bobbwgsasf when I can get something better?

This is Major Bull because I'm waiting for just that I mean I want to start a new char but why would I want to use bobbwgsasf when I can get something better?
    I vote that AO just starts issuing serialized numbers so that people are not faced with these life-changing decisions.
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Mar 16th, 2010 at 20:00:13.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    Illogical complaints will obviously make this go faster.

i dont think its illogical, people are wanting to roll new toons with names they have wanted fro some time. now 3 times they have been told it will happen on day X and it has not when they have made sure to be at the computer to start their new project. while i dont think getting over dramatic about is needed in light of the fact that it is obvious that something unexpected happened at FC, its not beyond reason to expect some sort of update longer then a one liner...

I understand the whole "sometime this week" reply as to not get any hopes up, but if said person-trapped-on-a-plane managed to get in today would it still be feasible? Or would there still be a few days needed?
    /curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    i dont think its illogical, people are wanting to roll new toons with names they have wanted fro some time. now 3 times they have been told it will happen on day X and it has not when they have made sure to be at the computer to start their new project. while i dont think getting over dramatic about is needed in light of the fact that it is obvious that something unexpected happened at FC, its not beyond reason to expect some sort of update longer then a one liner...

On the flip side tho, if the guy that's supposed to do this is missing and incommunicado. What else is there to say?
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Funcom employee

Don't wait.

1. Create a new character on DNW that you KNOW is taken on the server you want to play on (RK2 or RK1).
    2. Transfer it to get the character with a "default-1" name.
    3. Change it after the name cleanup using the "/name nick" command....no waiting.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Folks, he gave you the facts. Not today, and they can't find the person. Filling up the thread with "Are we there yet?" isn't going to make things happen one bit faster. Sometimes, life still happens, you know?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    On the flip side tho, if the guy that's supposed to do this is missing and incommunicado. What else is there to say?
    true indeed, and at times i think means spoils us with the amount of info he does give us... i would still like to know whats up lol...

and as always thanks for keeping us somewhat in the loop means and co...

Are we there yet ? ? ?

(ok, I just HAD to & I make no apologies! lol)
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Don't wait.

1. Create a new character on DNW that you KNOW is taken on the server you want to play on (RK2 or RK1).
    3. Change it after the name cleanup using the "/name nick" command....no waiting.

Will this affect the people waiting tho?

Let's say I wanted the name Krypto, so I go to DNW and make a toon called Means because I know that it's taken on RK1, so I get Means-1.
    Now the name change hits and god damn some bugger already made Krypto 30 min before I came back home!!!

Means-1 using /name nick won't override the person who just made Krypto before me right?
    Sort of an odd question, but well nice to have it cleared up

Means?

General perks documentation?

Soon (tm) or stfu Shrub?

Thanks
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Don't wait.

Thank you so much Means sorry for being grumpy I pulled an all nighter but heck in the end it works out for me.

ty

Don't wait.

Does that mean you will be able then to still change ure Nick After lvl 20 ?
    Last edited by memph0; Mar 16th, 2010 at 21:04:20.

Quote Originally Posted by memph0 View Post
    Defaulted names have always been able to do that.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by memph0 View Post
    Probably, it would suck to keep a lolzurname-1 nickname for ever

Edit : zomg pwned by an ARK while I was writing that !
    Last edited by Leamartini; Mar 16th, 2010 at 21:08:25.
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

I did it I guess now I sit and wait for the transfer. I'm guessing its all done manually hopefully my new main will transfer over tonight kanes on the German server <3

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast