Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Funcom employee Friday with Means - March 12th, 2010 - Against my better judgement

Quick note:

I'm sure you are all already aware that downloading the AO-Hack program from a link on YouTube is a bad idea. The "new version" has one significant new feature...a key-logger. The person spamming this link is using stolen accounts to advertise his "product". It is all very sad and pathetic...even if in a way he is performing a public service. 20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return. I think that about covers this Darwinian issue as this is a problem that will take care of itself. Do we need to make a rap-video of this?

Stability Issues:

There were some issues this afternoon with the billing systems that were making it impossible for some people to log-in to AO. I have been told that the problem has been taken care of...but we will be monitoring the situation.

Name Cleanup:

The name cleanup scheduled for next week on the 15th will now be happening on the 16th. Unknown to me the person central to this action will be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean during the 15th and will not be able to use in-flight facilities to manage this action.

Engine Engine Engine

I know I said I hoped to have a video ready by this week. It didn't happen. OUCH! Right in the personal credibility again.

Despite my lack of delivery on this one the work is proceding well and the actual "production" side of the new engine work is beginning to be implemented. "Old stuff" is displaying and we are currently working through the hideous process of making the "new stuff" work with our world-building and graphical tools...exporters, resource databases etc. The artists are currently tearing through Borealis (the first playfield we are completely updating to new standards), chosen for the fact that it makes use of pretty much all new features (grass, water, light, bump-mapping etc) and hopefully (no promises no promises!!!) we can show it soon.

The Daily Missions

The "first batch" of the daily missions (Rubi-Ka) are getting close to "done". We are looking forward to getting these (and a bunch of other important fixes) to Live as soon as possible. A reasonable guess as to "when" should be "inside the next three weeks". The "Collector" instance should be coming at the same time...I've actually has some fun this week as Kintaii let me help a little with making a few suprises for along the way to the "Final Boss" of the instance.

BR

The most recent version of this nano is on TestLive for anyone who is still interested. I think it is pretty close to "done" at this point. Reasonable but not overwhelming.

Have a great weekend everyone!

ps. No...you can't have my tractor!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

First!

FINALLY! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 12th, 2010 at 18:27:53. Reason: yay!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Second

Dammit Kintaii by 1 second!!!
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Funcom employee

third!
    Yey! Funsies!

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds.

Damnit!

Edit: Also, while FWM is always nice, it would be great to actually be able to log into the game...
    Last edited by Phargus; Mar 12th, 2010 at 18:32:14.

third
    meh too slow

first page
    i cant log and loot my stuff from tara
    i want mine Aura Magnifier
    Last edited by Bolivar; Mar 12th, 2010 at 19:31:39.

Booya, first page, Seventh even!

Any rough timetable for when this patch in development is likely to hit live?

First actual player!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

When they implement the first set of daily missions, can we also get /org kick fixed please?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    First actual player!
    liar. you're actually Means.

Login issues

Hey.
    Got issues login in, could you please look into it?

And of course after workhours on a friday...

We do need a rap video!

Why do i get a feeling i will like the new engine when it comes, if it comes... no.. when.. and if im not old (like.. Means old.. *shrug*)

Oh well, im going to guess 6 months =p
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Real post time:

Quick note:

I'm sure you are all already aware that downloading the AO-Hack program from a link on YouTube is a bad idea. The "new version" has one significant new feature...a key-logger. The person spamming this link is using stolen accounts to advertise his "product". It is all very sad and pathetic...even if in a way he is performing a public service. 20+ 220 characters are now gone from RK2 alone never to return. I think that about covers this Darwinian issue as this is a problem that will take care of itself. Do we need to make a rap-video of this?
    I think the truly sad part is that so many felt they had to get (even just to 'check out') the supposed hacks. I'm sure they're kicking themselves for being so dumb and losing those 220s, but come on people; why do you want to hack AO in the first place that you'd risk such a venture?

Stability Issues:

There were some issues this afternoon with the billing systems that were making it impossible for some people to log-in to AO. I have been told that the problem has been taken care of...but we will be monitoring the situation.
    Still can't log in.

ps. No...you can't have my tractor!
    How about once it thaws?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast