Thread: Mission real time and Manual

Exclamation Mission real time and Manual

If I may suggest. Ithink the real time in missions should be according to the time you are logged onto Ao and not according to real time even if you log off. NOt always do we have time to finish a mission. There aer other things in life we do have to do besides kill monsters in AO (believe it or not) and it is frustrating working so much time and then loosing the mission because you had to log out.

ALso I thin there should be a cmplete manual expalining all the aspects o the game. I would not be suprissed if many would be players are turned off because of the vastness of the game without a proper ordely guide or manual.

Well, if the mission was in real time, then there would be issues with people not logging back in and the mission would be stored on the server indefinitely.

The mission time is more about server space than about how long your character should take to complete the mission I think.

Also, not having a manual means you have to rely on other people to explain things to you. This is a social game, afterall.

Originally posted by Sandrix
    Also, not having a manual means you have to rely on other people to explain things to you. This is a social game, afterall.
    not including basic rules to the game you're selling is retarded.

it's beyond belief that funcom still wont give explainations for
    very basic game foundations like how inititivess work, etc.
    It's like giving a child a chess board and not explaining how
    all the pieces move and just saying "have fun!"

this social game is filled with mostly very antisocial players.
    nobody talks to newbies. there's little incentive to.
    I see them asking the same question over and over again
    on the shop/team/OOC channels. . and noone answers.
    I give 'em as much time as I can but I dont pay to do funcoms
    customer service or compensate for thier crappy manual.

IMO information is preferable to ignorance.

Exclamation Furthermore

Thank you nboth!
    Eventhough there is a problem with server space so there should some missions without a time limit or a couple of dy time limit. This time limit even when not conected is an issue for me.

Even if this a social game but basics are basics. I know i wsa turned off by the lackl of info when I started. I did find a coupel of nice players to help out but I feel uncomfortable taking away their game time with my simple laack of understanding. Also the formum is a good source of info and there are a couple of goodsite but after printing out about 50 pages of info gathered I ams till confused about a number of issues. SO I think that A0 should put a com;lete manual of the basics.
    Fr tricks or for special tactics or strategies so true for that leave to the social hting but not to give a full manual on basic game features and play I feel has no excuse. IF I can't get my hand around these issues by the end of htis onth I will think twice if to continue or not.

More information on what some of the nanos do would be good. I had no idea why my NT's roots were breaking until I spent a lot of time reading the forums. I'm sure there are a lot of other similar missing facts (just what does a distracting sphere do? The description is rather vague).

Another was title caps, didn't know they existed till I read about them. Some warnings about IP distribution would be good; can most professions afford to keep up with ALL their nano lines?

I know I was suprised to find that Neutrals have no OOC channel after level 10. I actually stumped a ARK and got a GM scratching her head over that one. She unofficially agreed that is seems part of FC's attempt to force Neut's to choose a side.

[rant]
    Maybe neutrals took a look at both sides and chose 'None of the above' based on what they saw?
    [/rant]

I'm sure that are many more undocumented features I haven't encountered or read about.