Thread: Thank You Funcom for all the hard work.

Thank You Funcom for all the hard work.

Some time we forget to just say, Thanks.

I remember for years wanting FC to look at balance, adjustments and overall gameplay.

Its very easy as a player to get caught up in specific fixes, adjustments and wants....

I just wanted to take a moment and say, Thanks for taking on this huge task of working on Balancing with a game that has been out for 9 years and needs alot of adjustments.
    Last edited by odian102; Mar 10th, 2010 at 18:52:28.
    Omni Trader on RK2

In the spirit of the original post.

I "Pledge" to offer constructive balance issue even if it weakens my favorite profession.

My constructive balance issue: For a Trader. (My favorite profession: Main since 2001)

Problem: Low lvl Traders casting High lvl drains that completely destroy the target with 1 drain.

Cause: NCU and outside buffs.

Traders can put on a 6 slot belt at lvl 1. Can easily do this at lvl 20 without much twinking. NCU is very easy for a trader. I can have high lvl buffs running on a low lvl trader that other profession just can do because of my ability to hold huge amounts of NCU at very low lvls.

Main outside buff for low lvl traders are Mochams (140 pts to nano skills). I can cast a huge drain right off the bat with Mochums running. Because of this I can render a targets weapon effectiveness to 0%-25% in one cast. Now, combine other high level buffs I can hold: Behe, RRFE, ... depending on how twinked out your Trader is, remember NCU is not a big problem for me.

Fix:
    Make Mochams level restricted. Example Mochams can be cast on lvl 100+ target. Infuses lvl 80+ targets. This will force the trader to cast the appropriate level drain at the beginning of the fight. Now, a trader can pre-drain up but this only last 3 min. He can not start off with a 140+(mocham enhanced) drain at the beginning if you level lock mochams.

This can also be done with other High level outside buffs that are making it impossible for the Development team to balance combat at lower lvls. Example: Behe can also have a min. lvl range to cast on the target.

You can also level lock some of our highest level drains, which would stop traders from laddering up to high on the drain tree. (another option)

anyway, hope that helps....
    Last edited by odian102; Mar 10th, 2010 at 19:24:58.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Quote Originally Posted by odian102 View Post
    In the spirit of the original post.

I "Pledge" to offer constructive balance issue even if it weakens my favorite profession.

My constructive balance issue: For a Trader. (My favorite profession: Main since 2001)

Problem: Low lvl Traders casting High lvl drains that completely destroy the target with 1 drain.

Cause: NCU and outside buffs.

Traders can put on a 6 slot belt at lvl 1. Can easily do this at lvl 20 without much twinking. NCU is very easy for a trader. I can have high lvl buffs running on a low lvl trader that other profession just can do because of my ability to hold huge amounts of NCU at very low lvls.

Main outside buff for low lvl traders are Mochams (140 pts to nano skills). I can cast a huge drain right off the bat with Mochums running. Because of this I can render a targets weapon effectiveness to 0%-25% in one cast. Now, combine other high level buffs I can hold: Behe, RRFE, ... depending on how twinked out your Trader is, remember NCU is not a big problem for me.

Fix:
    Make Mochams level restricted. Example Mochams can be cast on lvl 100+ target. Infuses lvl 80+ targets. This will force the trader to cast the appropriate level drain at the beginning of the fight. Now, a trader can pre-drain up but this only last 3 min. He can not start off with a 140+(mocham enhanced) drain at the beginning if you level lock mochams.

This can also be done with other High level outside buffs that are making it impossible for the Development team to balance combat at lower lvls. Example: Behe can also have a min. lvl range to cast on the target.

You can also level lock some of our highest level drains, which would stop traders from laddering up to high on the drain tree. (another option)

anyway, hope that helps....
    1. thread where I saw OP made huge off-topic post. I wonder why you didnt post it here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...44#post5745844
    At the moment it is right under your thread and you basically put together 2 threads on this page, mochams lock(Klod) and low traders drain(AGPecko)
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Mar 10th, 2010 at 22:42:46.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Darkirbiska1,

I did not realize I made a forum etiquette mistake. Thanks for the catch..
    Omni Trader on RK2

Some yeas ago the previous game director said, that instancing Pandemonium was not possible within the AO mechanics. Today we know better, and imo it speaks volumes of the leaps the current developing team has made.

Lots of things still need fixing, and there a tons of issues to deal with, but let's be honest and say, that we're probably better off than ever.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

no.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Make comp lit buffs level locked. TRADER issue solved in a self contained way, 'stead of dragging other professions toolsets into it.

Fix:
    why change other profession when trader is problem, just put level restriction on low lvl drains and comp lit buff.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Make comp lit buffs level locked. TRADER issue solved in a self contained way, 'stead of dragging other professions toolsets into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    why change other profession when trader is problem, just put level restriction on low lvl drains and comp lit buff.
    /agree

the comp lit buffs are the problem.

I don't think the problem is draining up, if the trader only has 100NCU... like, if a trader only has a "normal" amount of NCU, he will sacrifice all OSB's to run two huge drains, which should cripple him in other ways.

At the same time, nanites need a level lock. I don't know what the locks should be, but anything lower than TL4 using nanites is wtfstupid.

OK, while the thanks are appreciated I'm sure, all of the suggestions in this thread either HAVE other threads or perhaps need them. Putting a mish-mash of suggestions into this is unorganized and offtopic. So at the moment I'm going to let the sentiment stand and close it. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM