Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 5th, 2010 - It isn't a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by celedia View Post
    This is the Power of the Coconut
    I have devised a plan to go to Funcom's office and steal the Coconut of Power, there by granting me my greatest wish, to own such an awesome tractor as Means!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Awesome tractor! WTB video of it in action!
    now we know where sezmra went off too.. since it hasnt been on irc for a while now.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Thanks for the update.... and looking forward (quite scared still tho) to hear what you come up with for GTH.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The buff component of this debuff will overwrite any reflects the Trader has running at the time.
    Overwrite, as in cancel RRFE? At least make it so traders can keep RRFE in their NCU, but the BR buff component is a hostile nano and can't be cancelled. That way the trader is taking a risk, but it only lasts 10 minutes.

Otherwise I don't see traders wanting to use very often, since even the best scenario will give you a 10 minute RRFE, and what's the point of that if you already have regular RRFE?

Awesome changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

looks like the balancing patch is getting close to complete. I hope the dailies are getting close to complete as well. Looking forward to getting the new patch ASAP on the live server.
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

Aw, seems I'm going to lose some names. I can't log in...my CPU over heated like 2 weeks ago and still waiting to get it replaced. Damn internet based computer part supply companies *shakes fist*

Oh, does that tractor transform?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

A snowmobile with wheels, what are they going to invent next?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Yay....

<3 the news about exactly which names will be affected....been waiting for a particular name for over 2 years

Stig
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Important message****************************

Let me start by saying "LOG IN YOUR ALTS!!!" Remember that on Monday-ish there will be a wipe of characters below level5 that have not been logged in for more than a year. Level 173 and below characters that have not been in game for 18 months will lose their names. Anything 174 and above that has not logged in for four years will also lose their name. I think we have been pretty good with holding on to ancient artifacts...but it is time for a little spring cleaning.
    This really should be posted to each and every toon that logs on as a pop up message or something like that....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I think your tractor is sexy.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    This really should be posted to each and every toon that logs on as a pop up message or something like that....
    Agree!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

The only issue with BR I can see here is the global overwrite approach to the buff. If the trader has RRFE already, what is the motivation to bother casting BR at all when it is guaranteed to overwrite it with a 10minute duration buff that might not even provide the same amount of reflect?

The buff from BR should only overwrite an existing reflect buff if the BR buff is greater, such as the buff from a reflect graft getting overwritten by a 30% BR buff.

Going even further, if the trader has RRFE already, the BR buff shouldn't overwrite reflects at all, as that's just swapping a 1hour duration for a 10 minute duration at best or nerfing yourself at worst, which makes no sense.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Wink

wow..the new gfx engine rendering of Penumbra is so realistic..can't wait try it..since i'm from Mid_America farm land ^_=

Don't all traders go emo at the following suggestion plz... it is not a nerf request, I'll explain why.

Wouldn't it be fun if br removed %reflect from the target, but also, in a lower degree, and for half the time, from the trader? Would make it a nano to use wisely... like after the specials and perks from your opponent landed (or tried to).

It does look like a nerf, but it also opens the field for tuning up of other tools... the same way I don't mind the removal (can't go more extreme than that) of le nukes... because it allows for other changes.

Now, I'm not really concerned by all of this, so just a suggestion... I really don't mind the current version.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

What if you have a name you'd like to donate?

Last time there was a character clean up, I grabbed a few names.
    One of them is sitting on a level 50-whatever froob buff monkey that never gets played.
    A bank toon with a great name. What a waste.

I'm not noble enough to re-roll her, just to give the name away.
    But I'd change it, if I could...hoping that the name goes to a good home.
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    The only issue with BR I can see here is the global overwrite approach to the buff. If the trader has RRFE already, what is the motivation to bother casting BR at all when it is guaranteed to overwrite it with a 10minute duration buff that might not even provide the same amount of reflect?

The buff from BR should only overwrite an existing reflect buff if the BR buff is greater, such as the buff from a reflect graft getting overwritten by a 30% BR buff.

Going even further, if the trader has RRFE already, the BR buff shouldn't overwrite reflects at all, as that's just swapping a 1hour duration for a 10 minute duration at best or nerfing yourself at worst, which makes no sense.
    Well I'm sure you realize this already but I'm thinking they really want to push this nano towards very circumstantial on it's use. At TL5 I can see this being heavily used in certain BS situations. I can see this rarely being used at TL7, unless there is some greater strategy to it (i.e. 6 people teamed, trader taking sacrafice on his own reflect to rip reflect off the teams target, knowing he has a doc watching his back ect..).

I think it's a good thing. But there could always be a hardcap on reflect for non-soldiers so traders can keep rrfe? Say...trader has rrfe and they rip TMS/AMS off a soldier to get 20% back to them. Maybe hardcap at 40% or 45% so they keep rrfe and the buff still hits for maximum benefit against the target it just doesn't give maximum benefit to the caster because of the hardcap.

Idk if that makes sense but it sounded ok in my head
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

These numbers represent a basic "shift" in the way drains have worked in the past. There was always the concept that you would have to "Take more to get less". This has resulted long term in making sure that in gaining a reasonable amount of benefit from a target resulted in completely invalidating your opponent in every way possible. Someone in last week's thread mentioned "the gap" that exists between the Trader and their victim...it was very well put and I am sorry I have not dug to find it again. Allowing Traders to run with the maximum reflect they can receive (ostensibly RRFE) and then debuff their opponent's reflect in addition would not be managing this gap..but maximizing it. Traders will have to consider carefully when to use this nano...at times it will be easily worth using...at others..not so much...but choice and strategy are not a bad thing.
    Ratio between the negative and positive skills on drains is around 1.18, ratio on this BR is 1.5, should make it -30/+25 to have it closer to the ratio of drains.

Not a lot will give up RRFE for this one. Especially not after the solja told us to go to hell, having asked for RRFE for the 10th time on the same BS.

For 25% I'd be likely to give up my RRFE, for 20%, no thanks.
    Last edited by Racatti; Mar 5th, 2010 at 22:34:01.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Was hoping to see some sort of input on what would keep MPs from up and rioting on me in the MP forums, looks like I'm wearing Body Armor to the forums today!.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    Seventh!
    You cannot be serious.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast