Thread: Plane cannot be unequiped

Plane cannot be unequiped

Last night I had a system crash, Blue screen of death , As I came back into the game I was still in my Plane. I tried to unequip and I was unable to. I was about 20 feet in the air and was able to move laterally but as soon as I tried to ascend or Descend it would automatically center view. So I /quit, relogged, let the server think I was completely off.

I log back in and im not in my plane. I think ok Im good, but my plane is red in my inventory. But Im not in my plane. I tried to equip it and I am able. But as soon as I get in I cant get out unless I relog or go Indoors. I petitioned several times last night and well... didn't get a response.

Anyone out there had/have this problem? Any Solutions?

i too have had that problem Arterous, and have decided to shelf AO for a while. after spending god knows how many hours saving up 4.9 mill to get a plane, i go on vacation for a week, come back, and my plane doesnt work. to me that is the final straw.someone email me when AO actually(FINALLY) works as its sposed to(actually, Star Wars Galaxies will probably have been out for a year by the time FC fixes theyre product and noone will be playing AO anyway) in the mean time i will continue to thoroughly enjoy Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Civilization III, both have the amazing distinction of ACTUALLY WORKING LIKE THEYRE SUPPOSED TO instead of asking that i pay to be a beta tester for 5 months.

Easy fix

There is an incredibly easy fix to this problem. Same thing happened to me, I crashed while in my yalm, logged back in and couldn't descend at all.

Hit the backspace key. You'll fall, you'll get damage, but even when falling from the greatest height I've possibly been, I never died from fall damage.

After you hit backspace and fall, hit backspace again. Now you're moving at your normal run speed. Find the nearest zone and go through it. Voila! No more stuck in plane.

Your plane will still be red in your inventory, here's how you fix that (btw, FC actually posted the little 'fix' for this too, you should see it everytime you log into AO)

Take your plane out of your inventory and place it in the bank. Then put it back in your inventory. Zone into the nearest indoor playfield.

All fixed. Yes if you're not near a zone when something like this happens, it will get highly annoying. But, at least there is some way around it.

-Dezzie, 105 MA
    -Aikera, 84 soldier

Happened to me too...

Do u read the login screen at all?

Workaround for those stuck in Yalmaha's.

Until we get a fix out for this you should transfer your Yalmaha to the bank then zone to an in-door playfield, a shop or similar. You should then head back to the bank to pick up your Yalmaha again. If this does not solve your problem please send in a petition, using the /petition command in the chatwindow. We are sorry for any inconvenience this problem might have caused you.
    This has been up for weeks. Zone into a shop to unequip it. Take it out or do what I do and swap a Yamatatchi Movement Predictor into the slot and use that to get the plane out. Leave it red. And then go stick it in a bank and zone out of the zone and then go back and get your plane. I personally WILL NOT do a mission with the plane equipped. Funcom needs to fix this bug so that even when the planed is "red"ed out that we can unequip it and it will go back to "normal" in our inventory. (I would also like to propose that we be allowed to equip the plane indoors and have it go back to red status so that once we zone outside it will be available immediately again.)

(To Ragingsyph : I sympathize. I cancelled my account subscription after the 12.6 patch and have yet to reactivate it. All of the bugs and balance issues this game has really leaves me no other alternative. I only hope in the month that my account has left on it that they right all the wrongs but I can't in good foresight see them doing this... cheaters prospered and because of them my oroginal character got nerfed. Since then the attempts to make the game balanced have been for wrought as the already beyond twinked cheaters are above and beyond everyone who played fair, and the balance attempts only hinder the regular player and make the game less and less fun to play. I feel sad that this month will be my last, but what can I do? Funcom apparently still hasn't lived up to their promise...)
    Last edited by Zaal; Dec 31st, 2001 at 16:37:26.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Please excuse me Zaal, I just got back from 2 weeks of vacation. I didn't mean to burden you with my post.

Dezzie, Thanks a lot. I guess I don't pay much attention to the front page as by the time I get home I just want to hop on and play. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Zaal:

my girlfriend and iwere just discussing it, and have decided to cancel our accounts as well and try out DAoC. it has nothing but wonderful reviews from not only review sites, but the players as well. though the graphics are nowhere near as nice as AO, a game (this point proven time and time again by AO) is not just about pretty graphics. after sitting through patch after patch "fix" after "fix" and innumerous modifications to gameplay and the way characters function, we just can't justify paying FC another $24 in monthly fees for something that has never functioned as advertised. kind of saddens me due to the amount time i have spent on this game and the INCREDIBLE potential of it, but maybe if we(and more people) cancel our accounts, they will take notice and make concerted efforts to make the game function properly, as well as come up with the very necessary class balance that has been lacking since day one.

Please excuse me Zaal, I just got back from 2 weeks of vacation. I didn't mean to burden you with my post.

Dezzie, Thanks a lot. I guess I don't pay much attention to the front page as by the time I get home I just want to hop on and play. I appreciate your help.
    There was no burden. (I almost take offense at that... but not really...

I was just trying to emphasize that the login screen is there for a reason. Also, I posted this as Dezzie posted her reponse. She beat me to the top spot. I was kinda POed when I viewed it after posting and hers was right above me, obviously posted at the same time. Oh well.

Zaal:

my girlfriend and iwere just discussing it, and have decided to cancel our accounts as well and try out DAoC. it has nothing but wonderful reviews from not only review sites, but the players as well. though the graphics are nowhere near as nice as AO, a game (this point proven time and time again by AO) is not just about pretty graphics. after sitting through patch after patch "fix" after "fix" and innumerous modifications to gameplay and the way characters function, we just can't justify paying FC another $24 in monthly fees for something that has never functioned as advertised. kind of saddens me due to the amount time i have spent on this game and the INCREDIBLE potential of it, but maybe if we(and more people) cancel our accounts, they will take notice and make concerted efforts to make the game function properly, as well as come up with the very necessary class balance that has been lacking since day one.

I tried DAoC as well. Very stable game but I found the character classes unable to solo very well (me personal play style, most people are only interested in powerleveling it seems) and I have yet to actually subscribe to DAoC. If AO doesn't get fixed and at this point fixed fast, then I WILL let my sub run out here and maybe actually pay to play DAoC for a month. (I still update it even tho I don't log in to play) Over all, DAoC is ok but i found it lame and lacking compared to AO. But it works thousands of times better than AO. So I'm torn. Good luck to the both of you in your decision.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal