Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP patch bump

PvP patch bump

One thing I can see that most people agree on is that:

a) PvP dmg at 50% just sucks.
    b) Healing at 100% sucks.
    c) Drains at 100% sucks.
    d) Nerfs to debuffers and healers would suck.

So as a simple soloution that has been proposed before why not return 100% dmg, leave 100% heals/debuffs and simply make the max dmg cap at 25%. Now we have 4 hit kills at best, this makes the 3 hit alpha insta-kill gone, decently long fights and moderate damage. 40% is too much with 100% dmg I think, any prof can whip out a alpha gun and end it unless they are dumping into an enf or soldier with MK up.

I don't know why I'm posting this idea again, maybe because the only time it surfaces is in threads about other topics. Please give this some bumpage and maybe Cz/Cosmik will get around to reading it. Frankly I hope they are scouring this board for ideas with the obvious public joke that pvp is on Rubi-Ka right now.

25% Cap to damage, is OK, I suggested 33%, but thats only if healing gets the same cap, for example CH should be capped at 33% of targets max health.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Hello , forget bout me

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    25% Cap to damage, is OK, I suggested 33%, but thats only if healing gets the same cap, for example CH should be capped at 33% of targets max health.
    Complete heal should not be upto 33% of targets max health that is insane. Your not out to balance anything. Your going to kill pvp for the doc profession!

Where are you getting all this pvp information , the arena! Come on that is not pvp. Go out to 2h0 and fight peeps there . The arena has got to be one of the worst idea's in funcom history. All that sit there are people who gank and take advantage of zoning.

i was talking with Myrdd today about PvP in study hall =], and he was saying how much harder the programming would be, because, if you were hunting in a PvP zone, you would need to make it, so if you were under attack by a player, the computer would know how much to allow you to heal. had to write this quick, gotta goto 3rd period =\

Re: Hello , forget bout me

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    ...The arena has got to be one of the worst idea's in funcom history. All that sit there are people who gank and take advantage of zoning...
    Agree
    OTs....We fight???
    Junior "Tradition" Rm

Re: Hello , forget bout me

Go out to 2h0 and fight peeps there . The arena has got to be one of the worst idea's in funcom history. All that sit there are people who gank and take advantage of zoning.
    But we need more PvP area zones

C.I.A
    OTs....We fight???
    Junior "Tradition" Rm

Re: Re: Hello , forget bout me

Originally posted by Tradition

But we need more PvP area zones

C.I.A
    Yes, we do!!
    I so mad at funcom!
    Stop nerfing PVP, funcom.. STOP!!

take it all away.... I wanna kill someone in one shot!
    Proud Member of Eternal Fury

CH just needs some adjustments. That is all.

Mark my words, PvP will never be balanced in AO because it is a group orientated game. Just like you can't solo most boss mobs, you will not be able to own all Professions.

It sucks, but that is AO for you.
    Last edited by Billy Talent; Oct 10th, 2002 at 18:01:02.

Err actually id rather have FC not touching healing and Ch at all i dont wanna see it screwed up in pvm because of pvp "adjustment" and anyway its not the Ch thats bothers me the most its the debuffs lenghs, if they were reduced to say 30 sec or less like the debuff on Crown maybe it would help. But then if say drains lengh is reduced better be only pvp cuz 3mn is already a pain in pvm.
    like Vegan said this game isnt based on 1 on 1 pvp it would be ridiculous (btw thats why if you wanna duel me you need to tell me which toon u gonna use so i can use a balanced toon to duel, theres no point to duel a doc if im not on my doc or on my trader, etc ...)
    Infamine 200 soljah

Traders own all professions >.<

Good ones anyway.

Well maybe not all, but surely most of them.

100% damage in pvp is what this game needs (whit damage caps)

bump
    w00p w00p!!

Re: PvP patch bump

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    One thing I can see that most people agree on is that:

a) PvP dmg at 50% just sucks.
    b) Healing at 100% sucks.
    c) Drains at 100% sucks.
    d) Nerfs to debuffers and healers would suck.

So as a simple soloution that has been proposed before why not return 100% dmg, leave 100% heals/debuffs and simply make the max dmg cap at 25%. Now we have 4 hit kills at best, this makes the 3 hit alpha insta-kill gone, decently long fights and moderate damage. 40% is too much with 100% dmg I think, any prof can whip out a alpha gun and end it unless they are dumping into an enf or soldier with MK up.

I don't know why I'm posting this idea again, maybe because the only time it surfaces is in threads about other topics. Please give this some bumpage and maybe Cz/Cosmik will get around to reading it. Frankly I hope they are scouring this board for ideas with the obvious public joke that pvp is on Rubi-Ka right now.

Sounds brilliant to me, sadly i made my soldier after they were really good at pvp so i never got any of these 3 hit kills , but having full dmg with a cap still sounds good, either 30% with normal heal or 20% and the heals are capped at 30%

Re: Re: Re: Hello , forget bout me

Yes, we do!!
    I so mad at funcom!
    Stop nerfing PVP, funcom.. STOP!!

Jus noticed this too, althogh i want more pvp zones i dont really see it happeneing because pvm characters would be bothehred (and rightly so) what we want is a pvp server or more reasons for people to go to the current pvp zones (such as BS,mort and all those other uninhabited zones, or at least make the area aroud the mort dungeon 25%

actually, 100% damage might be fun for a bit.

every 30 minutes i'm gonna come out and dimach whaambulance, maybe i'll need 1 brawl too but he'll be at reclaim either way.

go sit down while dimach recharges and 30 minutes later do it again. how many hp do you have whaambulance, can you take my 5k dimach or my 6-10 k AS ? sounds like fun to me haha

/me slaps garzini.

Read befor u reply! damn it...

100% damage, with a max hit of 25% to 40% of the targets total HP... that means u can't kill people with your silly dimach..!

U would need 3 ~ 4 good solid hits... so bah to u.

/me is tired of people who dont take the time to read and understand, befor they reply some silly remark.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

doh, my bad!

guess i'm gona have to AS and flingshot him too. doesn't matter, he's still just as dead.

oh yeah, that's gonna take me all of about 2 seconds.

just so you know, AS/fling unequip bow (.25 seconds there) brawl/dimach ... as you know i'm going to hit 25% damage cap with every one of them exception being maybe brawl.

or so u would think now wouldn't u...

guess we will just have to wait and se...

as i se it tho...
    MA is not a alpha proff, and u would be on a shorter end with this where to be implemented...

and another thing... stop calling for nerf of fixers when u, your self, play a "favor of the month" prof, and obviusly feel wery uber.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

hmm, more i think about it, actually 100% damage could really work, but system need too much work and funcom won't do it. they always seem to want to take the easy way out.

100% damage will only work if a few changes are made :

1. max crit % needs to be dramatically decreased. (somewhere around max of 5% slightly higher for ma's say 7 or 8%)
    2. regular damage needs to be 1/3 what it is now if not lower.
    3. mob hp's must be lowered to slightly higher than our characters, about 12k or so

do these 3 things, probably more, and pvp will be balanced with pvm.

do these 3 things and there will be no more 5 second fights. of course the fights will last a lot longer, and nobody will ever die but hey, you can't have it all.

Originally posted by Sarv
    and another thing... stop calling for nerf of fixers when u, your self, play a "favor of the month" prof, and obviusly feel wery uber.
    first sarv, read the entire sig. not just what you want to see...it's a joke silly :P

second, what "favor" of the month am i playing? i have 2 toons over 150, my main ma and my fun trader. i thought fixer was the "favor" of the month, brb i'm gonna go start one now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast