Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future of Nemesis Nanos

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Currently a DoT that is easily out healed by any non-afk Advy.
    Hard to land, hard to know your target since most people are morphed into something.

What would be nice?
    Hmm, good question.

Personally, AoE unmorphing plus a 10-15s snare on any Advies caught would do me.
    7500 damage every 20s isn't that bad. Yeah adv's can easily outheal it alone, but combine it with pet/crat damage and it's fairly nice.

In the FWM post, Meatybtz posted something I think everyone can agree with. I wanted to repost it here, along with my thoughts. This way we can discuss it further here in the "Balance Discussion Section". Rather than it being lost in the myriad of posts in FWMs. From my point of view, it really needs looking into. Maybe this is exactly what Traders need, as well as other professions. Which is possibly adjusting the professions from the ground up, when looking at the whole "Balancing scheme of it all".
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Feb 28th, 2010 at 00:55:21.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    I hate to say it but, he is actually right.

Funcom doesnt know what the hell to do with traders and players are nothing but a bunch of whiney children when they get debuffed by a debuffing prof.

The problem is that, no one really knows what to do with traders in this game. From PVM to PVP Traders are unballanced, their toolkit is useless in PVM and pisses people off in PVP (big suprise no one likes being dissabled, but being that is all a trader is designed to do you get a conflict in PVP).

Of all the profs in this game Traders are the ones that have not fit "right" since SL was released. Take away a traders debuffs, and they cant do jack in PVP. Leave them in and people whine. Traders are possesed of a 100% useless Tool-kit for PVM.

I am sure like everything else FC wont fix it. Just like they adamantly refuse to rebuild the legacy parts of the game that are useless hangers on that confuse lowbies. Things like NPC shops and general stores that sell items that make no sense. Whose QL spread is illogical. The game is full of content that is depreciated by newer content to the point of being pointless. And all they want to do with AO is: Stick More Bits On Cuz dat Makez It Betta. I keep expecting them to paint everything red, to make it go fasta.

AO has enough bits and bobs stuck on at odd angles. What it needs is to be cleaned up, depreciated stuff removed or updated for relevance. This ties into the Prof Reballance, esp with the We Dont Know What To Do With Them Traders. Grasping in the dark for random answers is not it.

From SL-->LE traders were useless outside of lowbie PVP. So player expectations was to not even be bothered. Since PVP is really nothing but a bunch of Epeening, people do not like it when the assumed puny prof inconviences them. Too bad you, FC, spent all those years feeding peoples perceptions till now they are entrenched and bitchy. This stuff should have all been fixed years ago.

I cant recall who said it, but it goes like: As long as the only way to level is combat, every prof should have a fair piece of the combat pie. The same actually goes for PVP. Everyone should have a fair piece of the combat pie in PVP. People hate debuff profs like traders because it takes traders a week to debuff them then another week to finnish the job. How is that fun for the trader or for the target?

Then again, I don't think AO PVP is fun by a long shot. It used to be more fun when one could be competetive casually.
    I totally agree with this sentiment. Something I mentioned last week:

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    The scope, and magnitude of some debuffs in game warrant OP toolsets/items to compensate. If you reduce/eliminate the debuffs, boost the professions that had to rely on the debuffs to be competitive in pvp. Then rebalancing becomes a hell of alot easier of a task.

When you can cripple a profession to the point where they can do nothing to the debuffer in return, we have a rock paper scissors scenario. There is too much of that currently in game. It's not productive, or fun to be on the recieving end of it. People will just go and find something else better to do.

If you are going to rebalance the game. Please take a long look at the debuffs in game, and realize how much of an impact they have in the whole balancing scheme of things. Adding more powerful debuffs, unbreakable, uber ect... debuffs do not make a game fun. Quite the contrary, so yes, please bring out the big ole' nerfstick of doom, and whack away alot of these debuffs in game.

Severely cut down the power, and scope of these all. Do boost professions that need it from loosing thier debuff crutch.
    Like I mentioned, boost the professions that heavily rely on debuffs (better weapons/toolset/support/damage mitigation/ect...). Tone down/remove those debuffs that make the game un-fun (I think most will agree here). Give everyone an equal shot at killing someone else, allow skill to come into play, rather than OP Iwin nanos.

People want an equal chance to pvp someone else. Afterall, whats the point of a brand new "Rebalancing Act" if it's not going to rebalancing anything, just add more Iwin (rock/paper/scissors) options. This is what I see alot of community asking for. Will it ever happen? One can only hope. But nevertheless I voice my opinion on the matter.

Your in the middle of the "Rebalancing Act". Please take the time to rebalance, unstead of unbalance it further with rehashing the nemesis nanos into an even more disatrous form. Also take a look at what makes the game "Un-Fun" for players and make adjustments there, both in pvp, and in pvm.

If you boost the core of the "debuffing" profession to a reasonable level, then thier debuffs don't have to be as strong/annoyingly OP. Both sides win here, and you restore that fun factor in for everyone. Why do debuffs have to be horrendously strong? If you made the proffesion itself stronger, then that lil extra (small) debuff can turn the tide in thier favor without the need for overkill debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Currently a DoT that is easily out healed by any non-afk Advy.
    Hard to land, hard to know your target since most people are morphed into something.

What would be nice?
    Hmm, good question.

Personally, AoE unmorphing plus a 10-15s snare on any Advies caught would do me.
    You noticed the cast times on SL morphs? Then, you noticed the nano skill requirements? It'd effectively force an advy to go and swap equip in order to recast doggy, which takes ages. Is this fun?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Is this fun?
    U cant have both OPness and fun! ^^
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Yeah anything that cancels buffs are stupid. If something say disables a buff (or the effect of your buff) then it won't be that bad.

Things such as PO from fixers which randomly removes a buff... ugh that can be frustrating if it does land since I need to swap a crapload of things to rebuff and also I'll need to find out what buffs actually got terminated in the maelstrom of combat spam.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    You noticed the cast times on SL morphs? Then, you noticed the nano skill requirements? It'd effectively force an advy to go and swap equip in order to recast doggy, which takes ages. Is this fun?

Welcome to Engineerland.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12