Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Perhaps it should be changed to do something like drain 50% of the reflect from a person regardless of how much they have and transfer that amount to the trader.
    Then soldiers are still crippled by it. Would you accept the idea of a nano that debuffs evades by 50%?

It would also allow for some strategy on the soldier's part when fighting a Trader(casting RRFE to make it look like he TMS'd for example)
    That's not how soldiers operate.

First off, reflects are our only viable defense and we should be able to use our full defense most of the time, just like evaders and healers can. Secondly, RRFE does not stack with or over-write reflect auras. However, TMS/AMS does over-write RRFE. Soldiers use their auras because they kick back in after the mirror shield runs out. Your suggestion would leave soldiers without auras, and leave them with no reflect for 40s after casting AMS - and a longer duration at low title levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Sooo, TL7 is almost playable again,

WOOT!

Questions for you Means (in case you actually read this) as your descriptions leave out several critical details:

BR:
    - lockout timer? if so, on cast or only on successful land?
    - what about when everyone runs around with <24% reflect and this nano becomes (literally) 100% useless except against soldiers (ie, were back to the starting point)? has this thought even been considered by your dev teams?

GTH:
    - lockout on cast or on successfull land?
    - does lockout start when nano lands, is cast, or ends (by timeout or target death)?
    Last edited by Bonghigs; Feb 26th, 2010 at 20:39:46.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Then soldiers are still crippled by it. Would you accept the idea of a nano that debuffs evades by 50%?
    Great idea! a nano for the solja proff. that debuffs evades by 50% and increases their invades by 50%.

or is it just traders that get stupid OP nanos in this game, and yes even with the changes stated still OP Unless it doesnt stack with RRFE.
    Last edited by shamenOTC; Feb 26th, 2010 at 20:35:28.
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shamenotc View Post
    Or is it just traders that get stupid op nanos in this game, and yes even with the changes stated still op unless it doesnt stack with rrfe.
    qft
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by shamenOTC View Post
    Great idea! a nano for the solja proff. that debuffs evades by 50% and increases their invades by 50%.

or is it just traders that get stupid OP nanos in this game, and yes even with the changes stated still OP Unless it doesnt stack with RRFE.
    That would make total sense, because soldiers are a class built on debuffing and draining... oh, wait...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    That would make total sense, because soldiers are a class built on debuffing and draining... oh, wait...
    Oh ye and traders are built on buying and selling?....oh wait..
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Mkay. So traders will now have 60% reflects from level 100 ish and they can get it from ANY target?

Awesomelicious.

Yeah, someone said there might be a lockout. But guess what.. not all pvp is BS.
    Outside bs if you die it will take you literally 10 mins or more to get back. After which I am sure any lockout is out and the trader is free to rince and repeat.

I'm glad at least someone got the message that ppl isn't happy about this, but really?
    You don't see how HUGE a bump this is for traders? Especially at lower levels.

Anyhow. @ tl7 this will mean that after 1 drain which will disable ams for any soldier, the soldier will be left with a whopping 13% reflects after BR.

Ofcourse, the soldier may get off tms x before he's driained so bad he can't even cast that.
    Then he is left with 75-30+5=50% reflects.

A whopping 7% more reflects than a soldier would have by just NOT ams'ing with the "old" BR.

Ofcourse then the trader will have 60% whether you choose to ams or not.

I really do hope these new nanos aren't set in stone.

Damn that image makes you feel like you're on holiday. Great stuff!

Just tried out the new BR on test. The debuff only lasts 15 seconds.

Given how powerful it is for the trader because it's still spammable, though, I think a lockout of 80-120 seconds is appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

It's called a root and it debuffs your run evade by 100% for minutes at a time. Been around a long time. It's OP.

Nerf the roots!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I'm really impressed with the lighting in that screenshot! Is that using the Enlighten engine from Geomerics? It looks very good at any rate.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

lol. if BR doesn't stack with RRFE or other reflect nanos, than whats the point of using it at all.

if it does stack, than it will be used, mainly on soldiers no doubt.

if it doesn't stack, than it just becomes an "annoy the nearest soldier in range" nano.

in fact, it would be prudent to change the name of the nano to "Annoy Soldier"

seriously, im just kidding around

EDIT - oh, and the screenshot looks amazing Means & Co.
    (I can't wait to see the teaser video)
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Feb 26th, 2010 at 22:23:38.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Just tried out the new BR on test. The debuff only lasts 15 seconds.

Given how powerful it is for the trader because it's still spammable, though, I think a lockout of 80-120 seconds is appropriate.

60% reflects with zero penalty, against ANY prof, from level 100 to 220.

Balanced?

Someone remind me why traders need this against soldiers again plz. Or against any prof?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    lol. if BR doesn't stack with RRFE or other reflect nanos, than whats the point of using it at all.
    Gee, I don't know... For stripping your target of 30% reflect perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    Gee, I don't know... For stripping your target of 30% reflect perhaps?

yes, but will people still use reflects above 24% now? not likely. doing so just gives any trader you run into an instant hand-out.

EDIT: oh, with the exception of soldiers of course.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Feb 26th, 2010 at 22:33:28.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Hopefully BR will stack with the other reflects the trader has otherwise ya, its useless.

I know im gonna get flamed for this, but the GTH nerf is too much. The reason being because with a lockout like that it makes our Nano Bot Defense pretty much useless. We can only absorb like 8-9k damage into our shield before our nano pool is gone, and then its dotted for 1 minute. With GTH being 1 minute, we used that nano to be able to actually play during the recharge time of NBD. With a 45 sec lockout on GTH we are pretty much screwed after we use nano bot defense and due to how crapy trader NBD is compaired to NTs NBG, i dont think this is right.

The biggest complaint i see ppl having about GTH is that if you get away from a trader, you have to sit out the gth for 1 minute. So make it last 15 sec but dont put a downtime on it so we can still use it to support our NBD recharge...OR!!...Rework trader NBD somehow so its not so heavily depend on GTH to use.

Shujiro/Illtradeya/Evilburrito

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Is it just me or does that screenshot have "bloom"? It seems to have that slightly "fuzzy" quality that bloom effect gives in environments with bright lighting.
    HDR lighting gives the overbright look. Bloom is an added cheat effect that generally looks pretty bad because it over-overbrights the overbright.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    yes, but will people still use reflects above 24% now? not likely. doing so just gives any trader you run into an instant hand-out.

EDIT: oh, with the exception of soldiers of course.
    Hey, you will get rid of 60% reflect SoZ users at least.

Oh my god that screenshot is gorgeous!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast