Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdit View Post
    Bump... when I heard about the new engine, I thought it was a hoax... requires an amazing dedication from top management to the guy actually doing it.

Honestly wouldn't have thought it possible in the first place... though I got used to fc being insane.

AO was insane, AoC was insane, so is that new rendering engine for a 7 year old game. Kudos for insanity... that's where dreams are born ^^.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ...The latest info for graphics update was from Means, targeting end of 2009 so they are a few months late. Anything else is just old information...
    So duke nukem is just few months overdo too? Since last promise was just last year and rest is old news (I knows project is closed atm)? I think it counts since first deadline was rescheduled and not since last target date update.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It was a stupid comment on the posters part to say graphics engine is 2 years overdue because it's not, it never was and it won't be. The latest info for graphics update was from Means, targeting end of 2009 so they are a few months late. Anything else is just old information and If people want to base their expectations on invalid information from 2-3 years ago, well, again, they are being ignorant. There is no excuse for ignorance.
    Thank you for explaining your flawed logic.

Keep in mind, I'm not the one that said it was "2 years overdue", I know it's not quite that yet, but it's definitely over a year. I'll give you an example on how this should be viewed...

A pregnant woman goes in for an ultrasound, and they tell her that her due date is January 14th. January 14th comes and goes and a couple days later, the woman starts experiencing discomfort and calls the doctor. The doctor says "Okay, if you haven't had the baby by the 23rd, come in and we'll induce labor." The 23rd arrives and the young woman and her husband go to the hospital, they induce labor, and the baby is born later that evening.

So, the ultrasound tech said the due date was Jan. 14th.

After Jan. 14th the doctor said he'd induce labor on the 23rd.

The baby is born on the 23rd. By your logic then, that means the baby arrived right on time. When in reality, the doctor said, "Yeah, I could tell she was about a week late." Even though he wasn't the one that said she was due on the 14th, he still knew she was a week late.

I can also verify the above story to be true, since I lived through it.

So, to translate my story into this situation...Sil said in March 2008 they expected completion that year. Delays happened, and a do-over. Last we heard from Means was end of 2009, which came and went. Starting from the original estimated time of completion, it's a little over a year overdue, using end of 2008 as a due date since Sil didn't mention a month or time of the year, he just said "this year."

...and yes, this is why telling your community TOO much can be a bad thing, but you can't blame us for wanting to know "when"...

ibTL;DR
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    So duke nukem is just few months overdo too? Since last promise was just last year and rest is old news (I knows project is closed atm)? I think it counts since first deadline was rescheduled and not since last target date update.
    Thank goodness, someone here "gets it."
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I wasn't aware the engine not hitting in November, 2 or 3 pictures since then, and a short video means the project is over a year late and is closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I wasn't aware the engine not hitting in November, 2 or 3 pictures since then, and a short video means the project is over a year late and is closed.
    You're exactly right. However, Sil saying it was coming in 2008 is what makes it over a year late.

...and no one said anything about it being closed. Try to keep up please.

Let's settle down on the tempers in this thread, please, so I don't end up having to remove entire posts. Obtena and Autohead, take that discussion to private messages, please. And everyone, no matter the color of your name, treat each other with respect. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Thumbs down

Damn you all, let "him" post the new FwM!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Damn you all, let "him" post the new FwM!

There is actually no evidence what so ever to support that Means is a man, or even a woman for that matter...
    Some kind of monster?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    There is actually no evidence what so ever to support that Means is a man, or even a woman for that matter...
    Some kind of monster?
    There is your evidence:
    http://www.venganza.org/fsmdrawing.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    You're exactly right. However, Sil saying it was coming in 2008 is what makes it over a year late.
    And Means said the target was November 2009 in June or so of last year.

...and no one said anything about it being closed. Try to keep up please.
    Try not to be disrespectful for the sake of it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    (I knows project is closed atm)
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    And Means said the target was November 2009 in June or so of last year.

Try not to be disrespectful for the sake of it, please.
    He was talking about DNF, not AO...

@Berinda:0

They're referring to Duke Nukem Forever, which had 3D Realms shut down it's programming department, aka the developers behind that project, last year. There's rumors circulating like mad that the project is still in the works even then, however.

Comparing that project to AO however is silly, since what torched that project was successive directors trying to make it literally the best game ever developed, i.e., listening to the fanbase, and that much expectation and pressure are probably what killed the project more than anything. By 2k7 there was expectation that it should cure cancer, (sarcastic...maybe, but that gives an idea of how ludicrous the expectations became), at which point it is pretty obvious your fanbase is going to be utterly unpleasable.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/FC-Famin...tems-Team.html

"(At Funcom, Systems Team has a tribal hierarchy. One cannot speak in meetings unless he holds the Coconut of Power.)"

WTB pic of Means holding the Coconut of Power!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post

Haha thanks for that laugh mate
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    My point. Don't think engies, crats and soldiers would like it tho :P These 3 are much more aura reliant than keepers.

But removing blocker/reflects auras from a doc would be nice.
    Engies for auras in PvP only really have the specials blocker (they have some others but nothing too special), crats I mentioned and have a mix of auras although only one of any of them at a time. Soldiers have SL team damage and reflect nanos but as what the team gets has a lower benefit than RRFE yet cancels it and they need to stay close people don't like teaming with soldiers that use it in PvP. Soldiers can pass out RK target reflects and damage buffs though.

Keepers like crats have auras for a mix of things but for keeper nanos aura ones make up maybe half or so of their total nanos and I think can have multiple types running at once but could be wrong there. This is why I said they have auras as a big part of their toolset as no other prof has aura nanos as such a big part of their available nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvin View Post
    Means, is the new engine honestly going to come? I mean it's two years overdue and the game is dying. If you don't bring it on soon then there might not be an AO in another year or two.
    In the last FAQ FWM not long ago Means said the order of things will be rebalance, new player experience and then the engine. So even if it was finished right now it wouldn't be added till the other stuff was done apparently.

The amount of auras wasn't the point, those 3 profs rely more on their auras than keepers. Keepers only rely on their ams/dms aura and can still live without it. It's just a pain to rebuff.

Improving keeper auras is part of my evil domination plan tho.
    blah

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415