Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Composite Mochams MP only, or...

Make Composite Mochams MP only, or...

Honestly, giving everyone access to 140 pts nano skill buff, for 8 hours is seriously wrong.

To make this at least somewhat balanced, it should get changed so it requires a teamed MP to sustain this buff every 20 seconds, as some kind of aura. And of course, 140 pts should be only on MP, the rest of the team should get 50 pts at best (MP pets should get full buff amount, since they are semi-physical extension of the very same MP body anyways).

Composite teachings, masteries and infuses should also be scaled down accordingly.

Single teachings/masteries/infuses/mochams can stay as they are. They are balanced enough via NCU cost and by duration timer itself.

I always thought the composite MP buffs were way overpowered. NCU cost of "nothing" where previously you had to think much more about NCU because you couldn't just get everything and run off happily.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

If nanoskills were more mandatory I would be happy with a nanoskill boosting team ability for MPs over composites. Unfortunately professions that are forced into perking CoNC to use their toolsets would not benefit from a temporary teaming with an MP.

If I could rely on an MP being around more often however, I would consider adjusting my own toolset with nanoskill gear to replace CoNC permanently. The only issues is that I would be sacrificing defense which I also need for perks that do nothing for me in PVM, BUT with the perk changes I can perk into primary and secondary genomes, aka great boosts that are worth the perk points finally.

So, post balancing I would support this, or at least post AI perk changes.

Considering noone builds their endgame char around constantly having CM.. this is not an issue. Clearly it is not as 'always on' as you think to believe.

Infact, I delete it from my NCU. I can't be the only one.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Don't need CM on any of my 220s. Non-issue.

Someone doesn't like being asked for CM every 5 mins is my guess
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Considering noone builds their endgame char around constantly having CM.. this is not an issue. Clearly it is not as 'always on' as you think to believe.

I guess no one will mind if it is made self only then. Can't take a developer more than a minute to write "Target==MetaPhysicist" into the code.
    Last edited by Avari; Feb 28th, 2010 at 13:25:49.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Yeah it's handy but not needed for me, I always grab one though since it saves me the hassle of swapping stuff to rebuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    Honestly, giving everyone access to 140 pts nano skill buff, for 8 hours is seriously wrong.

To make this at least somewhat balanced, it should get changed so it requires a teamed MP to sustain this buff every 20 seconds, as some kind of aura. And of course, 140 pts should be only on MP, the rest of the team should get 50 pts at best (MP pets should get full buff amount, since they are semi-physical extension of the very same MP body anyways).

Composite teachings, masteries and infuses should also be scaled down accordingly.

Single teachings/masteries/infuses/mochams can stay as they are. They are balanced enough via NCU cost and by duration timer itself.
    I'm kinda fine with this.

Probably needs some tuning here and there. Would be ok for nts, but probably may have some ugly consequences for some professions that may require some tuning, but otherwise, fine with me.

I would keep the full 140 buff for teamed members (through an aura or something), simply to higher the interest of having a mp in the team, and nearby.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Now, I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that MPs do in fact have their endgame builds taking in mind always having CM. Just a wild guess, mind you.

If you make CM=MP only, then GL for all new MPs trying to get inf team
    What can they offer? Their great dmg or uber heal pet?
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    If you make CM=MP only, then GL for all new MPs trying to get inf team
    What can they offer? Their great dmg or uber heal pet?
    Errr, how exactly current CM state helps them getting in inf team again?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    Errr, how exactly current CM state helps them getting in inf team again?
    They can buff CM to tank, so he can use better mongos or doc can use better heals,....
    But hecknoobs and forum trolls dont know it.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I do the same. Don't use CM on my 216 Doc or 217 Agent. Self-casting every nano.
    They can buff CM to tank, so he can use better mongos or doc can use better heals,....
    Hecknoobs are the ones who need CM to cast their better mongos or heals.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

And how exactly does that help them (MPs) getting in inf team again?

Obviously MPs are invited to teams for their buffs more often than for other aspects :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Obviously MPs are invited to teams for their buffs more often than for other aspects :P
    But they aren't. I explained why.

Enfos can self the top RK mongo at TL5. I don't know how hard iMongo is at 215, but how much inf mish teams use a dedicated tank anyway? I've been in many teams where aggro goes to whoever does most damage, the team occasionally splits into two or more parts etc, and no one has complained.

Docs can self the top RK heals at TL4, and have no problems with the SL heals as they reach the levels they are locked to. iCH and the top team heal can be a bit tricky at 215, but doable even without AI armor. CM is not likely to make a huge difference, and will mostly only allow a doc to swap in a bit more damage gear.

Check the duration on CM and then rethink this statement :P

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Check the duration on CM and then rethink this statement :P
    I checked their duration and level lock and I dont know in which division you fit better.

I checked their duration and level lock and I dont know in which division you fit better.
    We all know in which you fit though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast