Thread: [ALL] OTPC: CEO speech a hit

[ALL] OTPC: CEO speech a hit

CEO speech a hit.
    February 20, 29484 - [Global]

OTPC - Louila Adamson – Omni-Entertainment - Yesterday, the employees of Omni-Tek corporation had the unique privilege to be able to listen to the state of the corporation speech by CEO Tarkhan Zora. The event took place in Omni1 Entertainment district and was attended by many loyal citizens. The security was provided by the Unicorn company and was aided by many Omni-Pol and Omni-Armed Forces members, including officer Darius “Gustavis” Caesar and Jonathan “Salivice” Bixby, to name but a few.

Here is the speech that was delivered yesterday:

“My last major address to the public I believe was over three years ago. It has been too long and so much has happened within that time. We have fought long and we have fought hard. We have prevailed and kept the alien forces at bay. We have prevailed and not succumbed to terrorism. We have won battle after battle, exited victorious from conflict after conflict. We are heroes every one of us!

I must remind you that we are still at war. And though we are held back, though we may have restrictions imposed upon us by the ICC and are not always able to act on every aggression, we must still hold true to that fact in our souls. We are Omni-Tek, and those who oppose us are our bitter enemies until the end.

We've drawn a line against the invaders and we have shown them what happens when they cross. We have held our ground in the Notum Wars, despite setbacks, losses, gains, stalemates and long periods of hardship. And despite the initial loss to the Notum Wars back in '76, we stand firm for our legal rights and Omni-Tek remains the sole galactic supplier of Notum.

Conflict for control of the Goliath Battlestations rages as ever. I personally commend every fighter who has risked their lives for the Corporation, knowing the increased dangers of insurance failure above the planet surface. These men, women and atrox are among the bravest souls the Corporation has to offer. I am proud of each and every one of you.

Let us also remember those noble fighters, workers, thinkers, teachers who sacrificed everything for Omni-Tek in the last years. In 4 Holes, innocent Omni-Tek citizens still sweat under the yoke of their Unionist oppressors - Those clan members among many of their worst hypocrites and would-be tyrants. Every week that passes we campaign to set them free and claim back the land that was lost. The troops of our Armed Forces work unceasingly for the protection of us all and the gains for the corporation alongside never-tiring medical staff who, above their usual and overwhelming responsibility for the health and well-being of the community, keep our fighters at the peak of performance at great personal risk.

Our brave protectors in Borealis face more violence every day than we could have asked. However, Borealis remains the favourite cry of the people who would seek to destabilize and demoralize the corporation. It is important that you do not believe everything you hear about the town. A large amount of so-called news that spreads from the Clan and militant neutral propaganda machine is no more than a fabrication. Rest well in the knowledge that our Police forces have never yet let any situation get out of hand in Borealis and are always there to protect the population. Our Reform officers are working hard to quell the irrational anger felt by the propaganda believers.

The past few years have seen surprising political developments. Omni-Tek has found allies and enemies in the most unlikely of places. The reports have flooded in of so-called Neutral organizations and individuals contributing to Corporate causes: fighting for Omni-Tek control over the Battlestations, defending Omni-Tek mining operations and of course Jobe-affiliates who assist in our development of Shadowlands technology. There have, however, been equal reports of new and continued threats to the Corporation from all camps: Criminals, Terrorists, Spreaders of Misinformation. We must remain vigilant and on our guard at all times.

Remember though, that although they may appear friendly, a neutral is someone who has actively chosen not to be a part of our family for either misguided or malicious reasons. These people that display allegiance to the Corporation should be treated warily but encouraged to seek Omni-Tek employ. Those that display aggression or any anti-Corporate sympathies should be dealt with in the same manner as a terrorist. The sovereignty granted by ICC to employees who call themselves neutral in conflict has shown, over the last few years, to be a mixed curse.

The Unicorn Company has recently pushed further than ever into the Outzones, making incredible discoveries along the way on top of driving the aliens out of their strongholds and off of our planet. There is still much to do and the alien threat remains very real. I ask any who are able, to assist the Unicorns wherever they can in these areas. The work done there benefits us all - driving back the invading forces and the technological benefits we gain from the discoveries we continuously make. And from the resources we secure, the numerous and hard working individuals of the Engineering, Communications and Transport departments remain at the top of their fields galaxy-wide in the developments they make and the resources they supply and utilize.

I ask each employee to respect the chain of command, obey your superiors and trust our leaders. Our officers and administrators have been tasked with duties for which they have shown incredible talent and dedication. The Board of Directors has worked hard with their affiliates to evaluate, strategise and dictate policy for their departments. Remember - our directors have shown loyalty, commitment and ability beyond measure. Hence, there is no such thing as a questionable order when it comes from the Board. As I trust each and every one of them to hold true to the ideals of our family and act always in the best interests of the corporation, so should you.

Remember that together, we are more than the sum of our parts. And as such, each part must be working together, interlocked and connected with every other part. It is your duty to notify the appropriate department of any and all cases where you suspect another member of our family may not be working whole-heartedly in the best interests of us all. A crime reported immediately to Pol, an unfortunate word reported immediately to Reform and an act of dissension reported immediately to Intern-Ops.

While disloyalty is punished most severely, we must bear in mind that often, our wayward comrades are simply misguided. In that spirit, the doors of Reform are always open. It should be your honour to report to them any case of misguided thoughts you have witnessed. And then you can rest well in the knowledge of the care and attention that will be given to our wayward citizen because of you, and because of you the corporation runs smoothly. Take pride in the knowledge that, as our ill-informed friends are taken care of and rehabilitated, their concerns addressed, you have done your part for the whole family.

These past two and a half years have been as historic as any on Rubi-Ka. We should be proud to live in these times. We are on the front line together. As a family, we fight, we work, we push ever further towards the ideal future for our children. I am proud of every one of you who, as part of Omni-Tek, will make that dream a reality.”

At the end of his speech CEO Zora addressed the crowd in a more informal manner:

“Now as I close this speech to an end, I am sure many of you have questions and comments. Unfortunately I have a busy schedule, and as such rather then fielding any questions here and now. I ask you all to send them into the corporation. Most of you know the grid addresses. Those of you that do not, they are posted on the official grid forums.

No doubt an article will be going up that will allow a more free form debate. And of course, all employees are welcome to apply for affiliation and attend the Board of Directors meetings, which I personally will be attending most if not all months! Remember Omni-Tek is your friend and family, we protect and we serve. Your work in the corporation benefits yourselves and others. Remember that in days to come. And with that I bid you all farewell. I hope to see many of you next month during the Board of Directors meeting.”

When CEO Zora left I asked the gathered citizens for their comments. Most feedback was very positive.

“I think it went well, despite the neutral heckling.” officer Bixby stated. “Omni-Tek Shouldn't leave Borealis, we have every legal right to be there.... So I applaud CEO Zora's Statements” he added.

Citizen Adettawn commented: “A rousing speech, but I missed a closer look into the future.”

Citizen Wolfskeep commented on the reference to neutral population present in CEO Zora's speech: “Some neutrals tend to support us if we return the support, other neuts will support clans and vice versa.”

On behalf of the Omni-Tek Press Corp I need to apologize for an obviously broken broadcast on the Newswire which appeared shortly after the speech. Please refer to this article for the official and approved recounting of the event.

Louila Adamson, OTPC.

Approved for publication by Omni-Reform.
    Comments and questions can be sent to the Employee Feedback Gridmail Address

Let me see ...

Company + citizens.

The citizens want the company to leave. Hmm... nope, doesn't sound like any oppression happening here.

((Totally forgot about the speech, guess it just didn't register as very important to me.))
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

I was present at the speech and I had my rights abused! I stated that it was just propaganda which it clearly was and I was shot at for it. Is freedom of speech breaking Omni-Tek law now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrinny View Post
    I was present at the speech and I had my rights abused! I stated that it was just propaganda which it clearly was and I was shot at for it. Is freedom of speech breaking Omni-Tek law now?
    Are you sure Freedom of Speech ever been a part of Omni Tek rights to start with ? Because I am sure you were never allowed to do so. I still have to feel for you and pat on your back for trying to throw a tomato, as OT's higher guys can use that from time to time.

However, I'm surprised that Sir Zora wasn't filled with angry pills this time, and I have to admit that this speech wasn't as awful as what it used to. Average job, Sir... average job!

Make no mistake that neuts fighting for corporate are looking toward a paycheck and not to Omni Tek's supremacy. With the application laws getting more fexible it leave little doubt on that. I can't help but approve getting more cash from sides and into neutral hands this way.

With our attention going toward stuff we can't mention without summoning ancient horrors, there have been less conflict between humans. Fighting still rage on, thank gods, but it seems that sustaining life for us involve punching gods in the groin, leaving less space of mind for wars to win. So it's no surprise if OT didn't suffer major losses, or victories I may add, this year.

And about Borealis, there is many wrongs on this and the day a Bory citizen will figure the good legal boot to use, people will sleep safer there.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

As the old adage goes "Omni-Tek Protects, dissenters will be shot".

As a good employee, you are expected to toe the company line and get on with your work.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

It's not freedom if you're not allowed to have any thoughts other than what the company deems healthy. That's tyranny, plain and simple. I can understand their message of unity, and it makes sense... to a degree. The extremism presented in the Corporate Mentality playbook is way way way past that degree.

"There is no such thing as questionable order from the board,"

See, in the past.. this is what is considered that very Tyranny I am speaking about. Every dictator that has ever ruled back to the dawn of prehistory, that has ever used that mantra has never seen their empire live past their own life and expectations. Even in the days of the Samurai, when social order was among its finest and positive examples... questioning your lord was something you had the right to do. We are all human, we all make mistakes, or bad judgements.. our unity sometimes depends on our ability to disagree or outthink the competition and your fellow workers. That is how you gain your merit, is by showing your worth as diverse individual with varying perspectives but all working towards common goals of all the people, not just the priveledged.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

A company must have rules.
    The proffit is bigger if everyone pull in the same direction.
    If people starts questioning the boards orders or the CEO, we will have chaos and no proffit.
    All in all I think it was a good speach and I am glad he mentioned our employees that is trapped behind enemy lines in 4 holes.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by GenShay View Post
    Let me see ...

Company + citizens.

The citizens want the company to leave. Hmm... nope, doesn't sound like any oppression happening here.
    You got it wrong.
    Company = citizens
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

A traitor has no rights.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

You were clearly heckling the CEO, had you mentioned such just once, then you wouldn't have been shot and indeed you weren't until after you were warned to stop and then you got repetitively boring about the matter. Assuming your insurance is all paid up as well you've not lost anything from it and gained a more direct warning to avoid heckling in future.

Additionally a company is not a democracy, if you question your employers instructions then expect there to be repercussions.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I would like to draw attention to this little piece of his 29480 speech.

"Notum is THE resource of the corporation, one which we will ensure that we have a complete grasp over, once the full four holes mines have been reclaimed we will resume full exportation of the notum resources available on this planet"

Would the CEO like to comment perhaps on their progress in this matter?
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Typically slanted, biased, and ultimately misleading viewpoint which nobody, especially not the employees actually experiencing everything he talks about believes, but which they only nod in response to because he's the boss, and that's what you do to stop his peple getting involved in your day to day operations at a level where the actual work gets done and mucking them up the way management always does...
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!