Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Friday with Means - February 19th, 2010 - The trifecta!

i think we need Tokens for Shadowlands missions first, in my opinion they´re more related to your faction than the rubika missions, on rubika you can team with the other faction, but you still get the token after the mission...

in example you are omni and team with 3 clanners to make one rubika team mission, one of the clans takes the mission from the mission terminal, so in the mission there are mainly omni-tek employees (or monsters...), so you get a token for killing 90% of omni employees throughout the mission and this is how you prove you are a worth omni?
    A little bit sarcastic huh?

On the other hand in Shadowlands, you can´t team up with the other faction, so why don´t we get tokens from that?

And of course we need more Ways to obtain tokens,

so far i´ve read the suggestion of attackable Faction Outposts... great, i love the idea, maybe in front of them there should be something like an "faction agent" in sneak (but he only has 1 concealment so everybody can see him *g*), when you talk with him you gain a mission for example exterminate 5 outpost clan guards, and you get some token for it.

The problem is, that nowadays you level up your char without making rubika missions anymore, so the token grind doesn´t belong anymore to your "everyday online life" of course you shouldn´t be able to obtain 2500 Tokens via normal leveling, but 1000 to 1500 is fair i think, so you need to obtain the rest via pvp (BS or PVP-mission), stupid grind (Rubika missions within the range of level 150 like most people do now) or pvm ( tokenweapons or the new outposts... daily missions?).

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    i think we need Tokens for Shadowlands missions first
    There was before, but they where removed, you do gain tokens by doing LE missions though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Dinged a froob to lvl 200 in 2006. This involved farmin a load of RK team missions from level 140 all the way up to lvl 200.
    In parallel i used to farm token guns to sell em, gettin a decent chunk of bravery token in the process .

Result : 1700 tokens so far. For a load of mission, enough to be sick of em .

I do think token rewards should be generalised to SL missions on top of the xp, so that tokens "grind" no longer exist and turn into a passive reward That is, if you are uncomfortable with the fact of buying a 2500 board for 500m, which i m fine with, personnally.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 25th, 2010 at 03:38:25. Reason: removed obscenities

RP wise, tokens don't make any sense as you're technically fighting for redeemeed/unredeemed in SL. Not for clan/omni. Sure AO is more geared so that one side is more or less forced to choose, but you can get your rep for a faction opposite of what it "should" be. That's why tokens were removed in SL and I doubt they would add them in the future.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    RP wise, tokens don't make any sense as you're technically fighting for redeemeed/unredeemed in SL. Not for clan/omni. Sure AO is more geared so that one side is more or less forced to choose, but you can get your rep for a faction opposite of what it "should" be. That's why tokens were removed in SL and I doubt they would add them in the future.
    However as far as I know Clan are officially aligned with the Redeemed while Omni are officially aligned with the Unredeemed, considering this it's not unreasonable to assume that mission tokens could be authorized by the Clan and Omni bosses to be given out on successful completion of missions given by their allies.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

well rp wise tokens on rubika don´t make more sense because as i said before, you even get tokens by killing your own faction mates...

well rp wise tokens on rubika don´t make more sense because as i said before, you even get tokens by killing your own faction mates...
    You do?

Omni NPCs drop Clan bravery tokens and vice versa.

Killing mobs of your own side in missions doesnt give XP or token chance increase, or at least it never used to.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    You do?

Omni NPCs drop Clan bravery tokens and vice versa.

Killing mobs of your own side in missions doesnt give XP or token chance increase, or at least it never used to.
    You can kill your own faction guys for the token guns without penalty :/
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

as far as i know even with a mixed team you gain XP and Tokenchance for killing faction mobs from your side...
    i´ve done no rk mission for some time now, but i can go and test it

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    You can kill your own faction guys for the token guns without penalty :/
    Oh yes, the guns are different. Should change the quests so the required guns are different.

as far as i know even with a mixed team you gain XP and Tokenchance for killing faction mobs from your side...
    i´ve done no rk mission for some time now, but i can go and test it
    Yes, MIXED team is different, youre not see as the same side when killing them.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Yeah, but that was all i wanted to say, you gain Tokens when teaming up with the enemy... so i think there is no real rp-reason left to explain why you can´t get tokens in the shadowlands.

At least as long as you can team with the enemy on rubika to kill mobs of your side for teammissions...

Yeah, but that was all i wanted to say, you gain Tokens when teaming up with the enemy... so i think there is no real rp-reason left to explain why you can´t get tokens in the shadowlands.

At least as long as you can team with the enemy on rubika to kill mobs of your side for teammissions...
    Anyone playing the last few years knows RP was removed from FCs' vocabulary a long time ago.

Hehe yes, that´s sad but well most of mmo customers don´t want too much of rp...

Funcom employee Update on transfer from DNW to RK1/RK2

Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Talking

I know it's a bit redundant to post these updates on Friday's twice but do you think the site should be updated to reflect the new "Friday with Means" posts here on the forum.

It's not a big deal for me specifically but I had no idea you had been updating us until I actually looked in the forums

Thanks Means! I am all caught up and excited about the progress that has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by GenShay View Post
    I am just available, easy and cheap. Use me FUncom, use me!
    Hiiihi! I goch you!
    She crazie hund! Jen are good code en attenshan focus fixed hard. No good peepol - she good computars!

Autistischen I thank?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789