Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 19th, 2010 - The trifecta!

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Somewhere in one of my epic threads I came up with the idea for AO2 by crashing SL into RK.
    A cataclysm.
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    What can I say? I like skinny leather ties.
    I used to have one too. Also may still have a big wide one with the Hulk on it somewhere.

Gonna play AO eternity (Round table of Valhalla suits fine for my gameset and mini fridge)
    -I Started Out With Nothing And Still Got Most Of It Left-

Hmm Skinny leather ties - is this a comment on the ageing AO population? Will we need an old folks home on Rubi Ka where you have to dodge rampant mp's on their mobility scooters and soldiers with their comb overs ;p

*shudders*
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    PS: WTB that beta server access, PST!
    Well you'd be a lock to get in being a professional and all. Wonder how they'll decide who else gets in though and how many they'll let in.

As for AO2 I really can't see that ever happening, clearly it was an "arrg!" kind of moment due to all the hassles the old code was causing. AO2 at this point would be insane. FC already has a new MMORPG in the works, AO player counts aren't too exciting and there's a big change in the works which will make AO fairly different.

Then if there was an AO2 there would be virtually no chance in hell that it would be anything like AO. Just look at the way AoC is, the plans for their new MMORPG and other more current MMORPGs out there. Then generally only if things were going fairly well for a title would would a company produce a new version of it, AO isn't seeing stellar numbers these days. New versions of MMORPGs tend to be a new take on the same theme with big rule changes, set well before or well after the current time line and so on. So transferring current chars to AO2 wouldn't be possible meaning we'd all start new which a lot of the vets wouldn't be too excited about. Many people are asking to merge all the servers but a new version of AO would just split things further.

The thing with MMORPGs is that they are routinely expanded and adjusted, that's one their supposed strengths. So with MMORPGs there generally wouldn't be sequels, just expansions, boosters and patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Klanbear View Post
    Hmm Skinny leather ties - is this a comment on the ageing AO population? Will we need an old folks home on Rubi Ka where you have to dodge rampant mp's on their mobility scooters and soldiers with their comb overs ;p

*shudders*
    I have my MP run around in the LE chair holding creation nano canes at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I hope the strange facial tick he has developed this week goes away over the weekend.
    Hehe, got me thinking of Nicolas Cage in Matchstick Men

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    I have my MP run around in the LE chair holding creation nano canes at times.
    ROFL that is ..just sooo easy to imagine. After all an old b****** in a wheel chair would have the largest expression of anger floating above their heads too.

I was pretty drunk when I read this FWM and seriously.... I thought I was trippin'. When I got out of bed to read it this morning I was unsure of how I felt. I had to reflect upon it for a min.
    But generally it sounds like I bought my new computer just in time. AO1.5 here we come!!!!

I sense a "Most improved game of 2010" award.

Quote Originally Posted by Klanbear View Post
    ROFL that is ..just sooo easy to imagine. After all an old b****** in a wheel chair would have the largest expression of anger floating above their heads too.
    I would like to share my vision of some future cool addition to MP toolset.

Please, giev.

P.S.
    Yes, that's a parry stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Is that what you mean by "edited"?
    Ra ra a a a, roma ro ma ma, ga ga u la la...

No.

BTW... Not a single showoff pic in this one?

so, this new game enigne - any ETA? - nothing vague and general please; just a hard date; even if it is 2 years from now...

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
    so, this new game enigne - any ETA? - nothing vague and general please; just a hard date; even if it is 2 years from now...

December 21st 2012, 21:21:21

That was posted a while ago, stop with stupid Q now lulz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

1. The developers of the Conan worldbuilding + resource database (built from ours as a starting point) for some reason decided to not bother changing the registry entry for their new version. Anyone having worked for AO first who then looks at ANYTHING in the Conan/TSW resource browser will crash our database....and keep it crashed as long as the registry key is installed on their machine from that point onward. It took almost an entire day with nobody able to produce new anything for us to discover that and fix it. The fact that Macrosun could find it at all was a miracle. I blame him for saying "I'm bored" loud enough for the code supreme being to hear that morning.
    new World-bulding(Conan) tool for AO sounds promising for the future of AO, i can just
    imagine what you guys can do width this tool for AO.

Most of the new content of AO (xan,db,sl) is already like AO2, i think you
    guys really proves things can be done, the design is great most
    of the landscapes are well model, i think all AO fans and players
    have a magic time ahead to wait for. Many of the new games
    coming out doesn't have half the content or even near what AO have.

Great post. keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    indeed. someone has been gone too long!
    Nah, it was a joke about how Shadowgod has probably been the MP professional for years. Few months to adjust? I don't think so.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post

Please, giev.

P.S.
    OMG LOL

Wtb that for Klan
    bathchair ftw....

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post

Please, giev.

P.S.
    That's completely an aged & slightly irate Crat !
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Confirmed

Some might feel like we are making "excuses" when I tell you about some of the hiccups we have on a regular basis. I feel we do very very well...and anyone who works in any kind of develoment context on an older project will tell you this kind of thing happens all the time. The point is really "this stuff happens all the time" at this point we are quite good at dealing with it...my pulse no longer breaks above 45 bpm.
    I can definatly vouch to this, i'm working with and old project done by an inexperienced programmer, and understanding how it all works (i'm amazed that it works at all) and try to clean and implement new functions is quite daunting.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaeda View Post
    I can definatly vouch to this, i'm working with and old project done by an inexperienced programmer, and understanding how it all works (i'm amazed that it works at all) and try to clean and implement new functions is quite daunting.

/Y
    Indeed I was working on some stuff last year where the guy who had made it was like a hobby programmer who used this stuff to "learn" how to "code" ... in the end, he had like 4000 lines of code in one file that was one long list of goto and cases... Required pretty much a complete rewrite but you still had to figure out how he used some external files, got variables from one place and called them something else when using the values from them in his main file.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I loled hard at the renta troll, its an awesome service. This is how /b/ could make money!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast