Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 19th, 2010 - The trifecta!

It's good to know you are all doing your best Means, have a beer on me this weekend.
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    When will you unlock stamina potions bac... Errr. Wrong forum.

When will my MP be fun to play at PvP again?
    Oh come on...that felt "phoned in". Was that written by some guy in India you pay to troll for you?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    1st PAGE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    First page finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    first page!
    Wrong, you are all on my second page!

10 posts per page FTW, 20 is too long.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    But I shouldn't operate heavy machinery right now...we can agree on that.

Now is actually the best time to drive heavy machinery, the potential for a good memorable time will be bigger, because you won't be uptight and worried about the lumbering 17 ton metal mayhem beast you are driving doing anything "bad"

You'll feel euphoria, and a most likely a kinship to God, hell you'll feel like God and you will start pushing boundaries!

Can police cars be driven over?

How flat can a cat possibly get?

We need a house with a hole in the middle, donut house!

mmmmm Donuts!!!!!

I mean 5 dead cats, a flock of fleeing police later, you'll be enjoying your donut @ 7-11 who just got a new hole for customers to enter!

Set yourself free Means!

Yeah and GIEF AO2
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Wrong, you are all on my second page!

10 posts per page FTW, 20 is too long.
    hahaha!! XD

Nope. Sick, sleep deprived and a bit stressed. But I shouldn't operate heavy machinery right now...we can agree on that.
    Hehe, if you tell any of those AO fanatics that anarchy online means stress, exhaustion and nightmares, they will tell you, your nuts.

I rather enjoy the product, as getting too involved in how to make it pleasant.

May your work be our pleasure. Rofl.

P.S. sucks to be you.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Funcom employee

This is my post. Enjoy.

Oh come on...that felt "phoned in". Was that written by some guy in India you pay to troll for you?
    lol @ the conspiracy theory of outsourcing forum posts XD.

Anywho.

Glad to hear the engine is coming along faster than expected, I'm sure we're all eager to see that new video Means.

AO2 doesn't sound like too bad of an idea if **** hits the fan.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    This is my post. Enjoy.
    hail Macrosun

Just a quick question for MEANS

Do you EVER plan on letting us sign on to Battle Stations from Anywhere? Meaning from a simple HUD boutton or an inventory item?

This could be the BEST FIX for AO PvP in a VERY long time. Simple explanation. Today, the terminals to sign up are spread all around the main cities.

( That is an ISSUE. Indeed, you know as well as us that low level characters, with low runspeeds, tend to stick to the areas they are leveling in. The reason is simple, low level characters are slow as hell, very annoying to move around, more even so in SL, so as a player, you try to avoid moving too much from a part of the world to the other.

For example, if I am leveling in Nasc, then Elysium, then Adonis for a few weeks (months) I will simply NOT go back to the main cities each time I log in, it's way too much of a hassle.

The result is VERY BAD : 95% of the player population while leveling does not take the time to sign up to the BS, even if some pvp would feel quite good after too much farming. BS are empty, people are even less motivated to go ALL the way to the terminals to sign up, with very little chance to ever get into a game, it creates a VICIOUS cycle, and new players are convinced that BS are just a marketting feature, which never open in the real game. )

To make things short :
    - The fact that BS terminals are spread around and not easily reachables by lowbies while they are leveling, is the MAIN reason why sub 150 BS are DEAD.
    - Simple FIX : make us able to sign from anywhere, it is not game breaking, it does not have any cons, it could revive AO's PvP like nothing before !!
    Last edited by Dolfindwe; Feb 19th, 2010 at 23:53:42.

*Does signature subliminal mind tricks on Means*

"You will read."

*Droning voice.* Hail Macrosun!

Edit: *Brings a box of Bar Ones into the office with some Pepsi and hands them out. Then puts a music player with some soothing classical on a desk and lets it play.*
    Last edited by GenShay; Feb 19th, 2010 at 23:52:51.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfindwe View Post
    Just a quick question for MEANS
    Hell yeah that was quick, it must have been so quick that it tore the space-time continuum and travelled into the future!

Edit: I was right, it showed up 12 minutes later and editted his post!!!
    Last edited by Autohead; Feb 20th, 2010 at 00:01:31.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Macrosun wants to make AO2...and after this amount of time dealing with code-archeology so do I.
    Gah! Don't even joke about it. Tease.

Anyway, daily missions in the subway if I interpret correctly? Cool!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ballux View Post
    Anyway, daily missions in the subway if I interpret correctly? Cool!
    Yes, we will also change a couple of things in the subway while we are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Yes, we will also change a couple of things in the subway while we are at it.
    Add more feces and vomit please. That will make it more realistic.

3. A test server is up for the new balance work. I'll tell you guys where once it is acceptable to us so you can tell us why it isn't acceptable to you
    and transfer to test works again ? ... checking... um.. still pedning so i guess not yet ><

have fun on weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfindwe View Post

Do you EVER plan on letting us sign on to Battle Stations from Anywhere? Meaning from a simple HUD boutton or an inventory item?
    and bump for that ><
    Last edited by unback; Feb 19th, 2010 at 23:59:28. Reason: added stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

I'm available if you need a dev for ao2.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

should we expect balance test (dubbed RK5) with in the week?

edit: wait... balance test is ready? where is the new balance info then?

I am just available, easy and cheap. Use me FUncom, use me!
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Very cool update, Means. Now, was THAT so hard?

Actually, I enjoy hearing all of the behind the scenes stories of catastrophe around the Anarchy Online office. It is sort of like Scotty from Star Trek when he told Geordi LaForge that you should never tell the Captain exactly how long it will take you to fix a problem because then you don't get to look like a hero when it actually takes you less time than you predicted!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast