Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Complete Healing

If your profession can't kill a healer profession through pure damage, try a debuffing profession. I hear they work wonders.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    If your profession can't kill a healer profession through pure damage, try a debuffing profession. I hear they work wonders.
    What debuffs? At tl7, they have amazing NR. Even with drains on them they can still heal pretty well. They remove NSD like it's nothing. NT and MP nanoskills debuffs don't phase them. 50% heal eff debuff just makes it so they kill you slower. Only debuff I currently know that can kill a tl7 doc is GTH or a full team.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by MiniSnipes View Post
    a pvp setup is damn near a pvm setup... other then the, what, 5 items some people may have to change.

Don't take what I said out of context Flyingengi.
    I said SOME people.

Yes in your exstream case, where a toon is made for one purpose and one purpose only and will never sway from that path “ie leave sector 10” you have a valid point.

The only real point I was trying to make was, a pvp twink 9 times out of 10 will be able to out preform any pmv/casual player around.

I believe that if you pvp you have a leg up in pvm.
    Wesley "Minisnipes" Snipes 220 Solitus Agent
    True "Atreidus" Blue 220 Atrox Enf
    Atresgirl 208 Solitus Trader
    Light "Fixenwho" Speed 206 Opifex Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by MiniSnipes View Post
    I believe that if you pvp you have a leg up in pvm.
    My point is that a PvM setup has little comparison to a PvP setup. PvP setups can work in pvm, but not the other way around. Especially when it comes to doctors.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    PvP setups can work in pvm, but not the other way around.

I agree
    Wesley "Minisnipes" Snipes 220 Solitus Agent
    True "Atreidus" Blue 220 Atrox Enf
    Atresgirl 208 Solitus Trader
    Light "Fixenwho" Speed 206 Opifex Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Dont think regular CH needs an adjustment. But that's just my opinion.
    this

Most tl5 pvp docs either have AS or doc pistols. Both of which are pretty snazzy on the damage.
    Considering it's a lot of twinking to get a single doc pistol on (the easier one, with fling shot), let alone both of them at TL5, I'd say they deserve to outperform you.

Anyways, wahhh, you can't kill a doctor. Guess what? Doctors are a profession based ENTIRELY AROUND HEALING. At that level, DoTs aren't going to do enough damage to kill someone. Even AS won't do enough to kill someone. UBT is nice, but that's defensive, not offensive. So the doc can heal, but they can't kill very easily. So keep alpha'ing them until they cast CH enough to run out of nano (yes, it really does happen), or get some friends to come help.

The fact is, if you guys arguing against CH knew how to read, you'd know that FC already plans on making it harder to keep nano topped off, even for TL7. Hence, TL5 docs won't stand a chance of keeping their nano anywhere NEAR full. So he won't be able to chain cast CH a bunch.

I think what you guys are arguing for is just to make it easier to kill. Try using some tactics. Not every prof should be an alpha-kill like shades at TL5 or MPs at TL7.

Looks like you want to make sure that froobs cannot Raid Biodome/HI without >30people & multiple tanks. Nice idea.......
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Looks like you want to make sure that froobs cannot Raid Biodome/HI without >30people & multiple tanks. Nice idea.......
    You must not know how good froobs are these days. 3 docs could hand it.
    Facebook

Something a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that Doctors are built to supply heals to their team, complaining that you can't kill a doc 1-on-1, when that doc should in theory have enough heals to keep his team mates alive, isn't particularly productive.

I'm sorry but if you have a problem killing doctors, bring more people to kill them, if they go down 1-on-1 then they can't realistically do their job.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Something a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that Doctors are built to supply heals to their team, complaining that you can't kill a doc 1-on-1, when that doc should in theory have enough heals to keep his team mates alive, isn't particularly productive.

I'm sorry but if you have a problem killing doctors, bring more people to kill them, if they go down 1-on-1 then they can't realistically do their job.
    Then they shouldn't be able to cast dots and malp on you and AS you either.

this!

if you have problems killing doc, try picking up a stun or two. Every proff has access to at least 3 at Tl7. A well timed stun can mean the difference between a dead doc and still farming points on said doc. Besides, what can a doc kill 1v1 anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    That's a problem with their offence being too strong for their role, not with their heals being too strong.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    That's a problem with their offence being too strong for their role, not with their heals being too strong.
    Because TL5 have malp and decent dots (ffs really guys?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Because TL5 have malp and decent dots (ffs really guys?)
    My comment was about Doc's healing abilities, his was about their offence, such wasn't specific to any TL though.

And while the doctor heals, and is in heal recharge, he has no offense aside from perks and specials, which neither land very often, aside from AS. I don't see where having a decent offense is a problem in this.

You must not know how good froobs are these days. 3 docs could hand it.
    if you really want to remove/reduce this complete healing thing. It should be done without affecting PvM players. not adding a complete heal locking.

What about healing is only 50% in pvp, the same as damage/crit deal is only half, as well as nanodelta tick 50% in pvp.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    if you really want to remove/reduce this complete healing thing. It should be done without affecting PvM players.
    PvM is already too easy.
    Facebook

Nanocost for ch is 1400 atm. thats very high considering how much nano other
    professions use.

Doc works equally hard on their nanopool as dd work on getting their dd just right. Ofc
    they should be awarded for that work.

spent alot of time in tl5 bs atm. And i cant say docs are unbalancing tl5 bs. Cant
    remember docs causing much trouble at all. There are far worse professions in tl5
    bs lowering the ability to enjoy it.

Rots & snares is an exellent example.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Feb 20th, 2010 at 04:55:19.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    Rots & snares is an exellent example.
    Which are getting local cooldowns.
    Facebook

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast