Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Debuffs: Do they enhance your pvp experiance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Specifically with regard to roots/snares:
    It makes a world of difference whether your a Doctor with heals and ranged UBT, nukes, AS/Burst/Fling or if your a keeper/Shade...

On my Doc roots and snares are a minor annoyance, but on my keeper and shade they are "disablers" in comparison.
    Keepers and shades can use FM stims and rods just as everyone else, and atleast keepers have acces to immunities... I don't remember if shades do too.

Also, rooting a shade is one of the few defenses you have against them. Letting them get close means death to more than a few professions.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    1v1 .
    My example was a 1 vs 1 situation. In a zerg environment there are other reasons to root a doc. It's a different scenario, that's all.

In groups you can be damn sure that roots are worse to me than they are to a soldier. If I'm rooted it means I can't get out of LoS and I have to soak up every single special people throw at me, and I can tell you, that every opponent in sight will be hitting me before anything else as soon as they see the first red nano effects go off on their screen..
    I'm fully aware that docs are the prime target. But guess what, you're not the only ones that do get targetted. And some of us don't have unlimited heals.

It's totally besides the point also, seeing how little time it takes to remove a root with FM stims and/or a rod..
    So you're saying 10-20 seconds (depending on your stims) isn't plenty for you to die?

The amount of hits it takes to kill a soldier will also surely break the root sooner rather than later in most cases..
    And then it's just for the caster to re root.

Soldiers inabilty to counter debuffs is a needed disadvantage to counter the amounts of damage they can dish out while being protected by >75% reflect 66% of the time.
    If that were true I would agree. But since 3 years now ams is nulified, because yeah, you can be sure that there will always be either a trader, an nt or an engi around. If ams actually did work like it used to I could accept ppl rooting and leaving me to get me once it's down. But since LE the same ppl that can root/blind/stun me can also either completely bypass ams, or even take it away to get their own little godmode.

Either is fine with me. But they can't have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    If that were true I would agree. But since 3 years now ams is nulified, because yeah, you can be sure that there will always be either a trader, an nt or an engi around. If ams actually did work like it used to I could accept ppl rooting and leaving me to get me once it's down. But since LE the same ppl that can root/blind/stun me can also either completely bypass ams, or even take it away to get their own little godmode.

Either is fine with me. But they can't have both.
    By that reasoning, roots are nullified 100% of the time thanks to keeper auras, advie buffs, NT buff and your friendly neighborhood crat/agent/trader/NT to remove roots that manage to land through > 68% innate root resistance.

Shall we not make 'In situation 'X', where profession 'Y' is present, along with professions 'Z', 'A', 'B' and 'C', I think that 'D' is really OPd'.
    Last edited by crattey; Feb 18th, 2010 at 23:15:31.

I'm fully aware that docs are the prime target. But guess what, you're not the only ones that do get targetted. And some of us don't have unlimited heals.
    You throw around that "unlimited heals" like it was a given. Doctors have "unlimited heals" if they aren't debuffed by a nano affecting heals, if they aren't stunned, and if they aren't hit by one of the many debuff perks available to weapon professions also affecting heals. That's a lot of ifs, and guess how often they all come true when every profession out there except NT has atleast one of the above mentioned tools.

So you're saying 10-20 seconds (depending on your stims) isn't plenty for you to die?
    More than enough, but fortunately people are idiots, and that's actually why I have to retract something I said previously about LoS being my greatest defense. Actually peoples stupidity is my greatest defense, and then LoS.

I understand it can be frustrating to be rooted and killed, but contrary to a doctor people can't just ignore your dmg while they have you rooted, since I'm busy healing and can't do other dmg than AS at the same time, while a soldiers defense is passive, and you can use your time killing the people hitting you or atleast make them run before you're either killed or get free yourself.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    By that reasoning, roots are nullified 100% of the time thanks to keeper auras, advie buffs, NT buff and your friendly neighborhood crat/agent/trader/NT to remove roots that manage to land through > 68% innate root resistance.

Shall we not make 'In situation 'X', where profession 'Y' is present, along with professions 'Z', 'A', 'B' and 'C', I think that 'D' is really OPd'.
    The presence of either of the classes I mentioned nulifies or nearly nulifies soldier defence. You're including what, 5 classes to obtain something that is far from nulifying the effect of roots. And let's not forget that nt's, crats, traders, agents and fixers all have plenty of other tools. Either directly defensive ones. Or offensive ones that can be used defensively.

I do agree that some classes are too hard to root.
    That's why I suggested some sort of hardcap on root resistance.
    But there are also classes that rarely resist a root even from greenies.
    And that should in my opinion be changed.

Is it really that hard to, just for once, read my post as it was intended?

You're complaining about roots because engis have reflect rippers.

Why? Do you honestly not see the problem here?

You throw around that "unlimited heals" like it was a given. Doctors have "unlimited heals" if they aren't debuffed by a nano affecting heals, if they aren't stunned, and if they aren't hit by one of the many debuff perks available to weapon professions also affecting heals. That's a lot of ifs, and guess how often they all come true when every profession out there except NT has atleast one of the above mentioned tools..
    All those things you mentioned can prevent ams just as well as heals.

I understand it can be frustrating to be rooted and killed, but contrary to a doctor people can't just ignore your dmg while they have you rooted, since I'm busy healing and can't do other dmg than AS at the same time, while a soldiers defense is passive, and you can use your time killing the people hitting you or atleast make them run before you're either killed or get free yourself.
    Usually ppl don't root me to stay in range. Unless ofcourse they are nt or trader or fixer. Then they will just tank me until I go down.

That's not really what bugs me though. What bugs me is that IF I somehow get the upper hand vs say a trader then he will just root and leave me, come back 10 seconds later @ full hp while I haven't regained much.
    As I said earlier I could buy that IF ams truly worked. But it doesn't.
    It's been full of holes since 3 years now and there is no sign on the horizon that things will improve to a point where it will be a working defence against trader or NT.

So yeah, if ams doesnt work then I don't want to be a sitting duck as soon as someone with CC appears.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Is it really that hard to, just for once, read my post as it was intended?

You're complaining about roots because engis have reflect rippers.

Why? Do you honestly not see the problem here?
    No, but I'm beginning to wonder if you passed pre school reading comprehension or not. I don't think reflect rippers are fine, but I can live with them. I don't think it's fair that traders can both root us and nulify our defences.

No, but I'm beginning to wonder if you passed pre school reading comprehension or not. I don't think reflect rippers are fine, but I can live with them. I don't think it's fair that traders can both root us and nulify our defences.
    Does this mean you are fine with crats rooting you, considering they can hardly dent you while in AMS?

I don't think reflect rippers are fine, but I can live with them. I don't think it's fair that traders can both root us and nulify our defences.
    Its fine if anyone from level 174 to 220 roots you over and over until the end of time, because , surprise, you play the profession is supposed to be especially fragile to those kind of attacks. What kind of logic is that honestly, will we soon hear you aren't fine with people being able to press Q on you because it can get you killed sometimes?

My Engineer has it a lot worse then any Soldier and i don't have any problem with roots, why? Because i have some god damn perspective, you should try that sometimes. People overstate the situation because they naturally remember the one situation when root got them killed out of 20 when they got away safely, because roots either break or have been easily removed.

We all agree crowd control doesn't work well , but some people seem to think game working correctly means they won't shouldn't be rooted at all, never ever, under any circumstainses, which is complete bull.

Roots/snares need to land a lot easier then they do, both through NR and inner resitances, they should also to be largely unremovable , unbreakable, with short duration and on local cooldowns so you cant spam them.

It's been full of holes since 3 years now and there is no sign on the horizon that things will improve to a point where it will be a working defence against trader or NT.

So yeah, if ams doesnt work then I don't want to be a sitting duck as soon as someone with CC appears.
    NTs are loosing doubles/triples
    BR is being reworked in some way (heard something about RRFE stealer or something)
    engi one might see change

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    It removes. Don't ask me how but it does. Same with Agent bail out nanos.
    indeed. just checked it in my db, and theres alot more effects that nano does than what auno shows. "Func_53236". tho i dont have any further info on what that does.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    It removes. Don't ask me how but it does. Same with Agent bail out nanos.
    Agent Bail out nanos are weird though. They don't necessarily remove the root, but they do ignore them. Basically, you get rooted, you hit bail out and you run freely, but when the bail out nano ends you're rooted again.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    indeed. just checked it in my db, and theres alot more effects that nano does than what auno shows. "Func_53236". tho i dont have any further info on what that does.
    Can you confirm if the bail out nanos have Func_53236? I would theorize that it removes all roots and snares if it has the effect and bail outs don't. Too bad we can't really test this though.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Roots aren't that much of an issue, they're pretty easily removed and not that hard to deal with.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Can you confirm if the bail out nanos have Func_53236? I would theorize that it removes all roots and snares if it has the effect and bail outs don't. Too bad we can't really test this though.
    Bail nanos force your status to "moving" for whatever time they last. People can still land root nanos on you but you are still tagged as moving. As soon as the bail nano expires you cant move if any root remains in your NCU.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    NTs are loosing doubles/triples
    Yes so we have heard that they might. Noone knows when. And more importantly; noone knows what they are getting instead, afaik.

BR is being reworked in some way (heard something about RRFE stealer or something)
    The current reasoning seems to be that this nano is too powerful because the trader can get 100% reflect, that it should be hard capped @ 90% or so. Some ideas suggest that it is to "only" steal 50% reflect.
    Other ideas suggest that it should work on other classes than soldiers (!)

So. They don't seem to grasp the situation at all in my personal opinion, forgive me if I'm not happy about the way things look.
    But I don't particularly enjoy running entire bs rounds with zero defences.

engi one might see change
    I haven't heard of this but that'd be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Just looked it up myself on Xyphos's side and so it does indeed... :-)
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Roots aren't that much of an issue, they're pretty easily removed and not that hard to deal with.
    this isnt necessarily the case at lower levels. running around in BS on my 150 fixer(which btw, doesnt have much of a root breaker) being rooted generally means that I'm also UBTed, NSDed, and/or drained. either of those three, I cant cast my only root breaker, and it takes several FM stims to clear a root that can just as easily be refreshed. Snares are different, I can insta-cast(assuming I'm not UBTed, NSDed, and/or drained) snare breaker, and being on the delivering end of a certain AoE 26 minute snare is very fun. If I cant kill you, I'll snare you and come back in 5 minutes with freinds, while you are still spamming your free movement stims.

This isnt right!

I would trade my 26 minute AoE snare for all roots and snares having a 30s lockout, as well as most other debuffs in pvp.

I like the concept that was brought up that debuffs need to work completely different in pvp than they do in PvM.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Apr 27th, 2010 at 18:09:39.

Anytime there is more than 1 trader in bs /afk.
    Unless im teamed up, then bring it on.
    Geez take it Eeez son.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345