Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: roots+blinds ruining the game

roots+blinds ruining the game

can the FC team please fix this asap?

combined with bad synch, This is ruining the game.

^^ and Traders too... Yes please remove them from the game

*things that make me lose* fix them please.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    *things that make me lose* fix them please.
    Hehe.

But really, mcknuckle. Roots/snares are in every MMO out there in some way/shape/form.

For those that have snares/roots, it's part of a profs toolset, and it's there for a reason.

Honestly, how long do you think an NT would last if every melee prof could run right up and smack them?

Though I do believe that there should be more chances to get rid of snares/roots and not have them last so long.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

well they are on the list of things getting *fixed* I'm just asking for them to do some preliminary fixes that are easy... like, do some things that are badly in need, which are already slated to happen, and fire em in prior to the big balance.

Whats the point of like 8 minute roots or whatever they are.... Drives me crazy.

my toolset has no room to perk SD, and, my anti snare/root nanos are incredibly ineffectual.

I have no problem with blinds, they work, but, I've got problems with being rooted an entire BS round and blind for half of it. I played for an hour before I went to work, and I spent the entire time chaining FM's, and waiting for my crat team mate to fight his way to me to spam deroots. It was retarded.

Agent+agent+fixer+NT+NT= 0 movement. It's not fun, it's not even a game. It's just effing retarded.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    well they are on the list of things getting *fixed* I'm just asking for them to do some preliminary fixes that are easy... like, do some things that are badly in need, which are already slated to happen, and fire em in prior to the big balance.

Whats the point of like 8 minute roots or whatever they are.... Drives me crazy.

my toolset has no room to perk SD, and, my anti snare/root nanos are incredibly ineffectual.

I have no problem with blinds, they work, but, I've got problems with being rooted an entire BS round and blind for half of it. I played for an hour before I went to work, and I spent the entire time chaining FM's, and waiting for my crat team mate to fight his way to me to spam deroots. It was retarded.

Agent+agent+fixer+NT+NT= 0 movement. It's not fun, it's not even a game. It's just effing retarded.
    Yeah, 8 min roots/snares are rediculous. I agree with you on that one.

Seeing as how mass pvp battles last anywhere from 20-30 seconds, I believe that roots/snares should last equally as long, if not shorter.
    Atlantean
    ------------------

The thing is, is if roots/snares lasted between 20-30 seconds, and each FM removed about 9 seconds from the duration, there wouldn't be an issue.

kiters kite. Thats fine, I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

I have no problem with this series of actions
    ranged prof: casts root
    melee prof: /follow F1, FM
    ranged prof: AS
    melee prof: FM, MOTR, runs up, gets off 3 perks, FA, brawl
    ranged prof: runs, AS, heal stim, roots
    melee prof: FM's
    rnaged prof: couple perks, reroot
    melee prof: FM's
    ranged prof: AS
    melee prof: FM's gets ready for next attack
    ranged prof: Moves further away, but readies for attack.

At this point: melee prof should be low HP, ranged prof should be low HP, ranged prof SHOULD have expended all of his nano trying to root the melee prof. Melee prof is about to escape last root, and run up to attack. At this point, it should be a race to see who can do the most damage in the least amount of time. It's an equal fight. The ranged prof will unload another AS, maybe a perk, if it doesn't kill the melee prof, he SHOULD be able to kill the ranged prof with FA, brawl, and a regular.

But, it's not like this. At all. Instead, its: root. run away. FM, FM, FM, FM, FM, reroot, FM, FM, FM, reroot, buddies of the attack show up, and it's pew pew pew pew, FM, FM, get half an alpha off on a idiot green who came too close, dead.

Which, is sooo retarded. People root Melee profs in the middle of nowhere, to take them out of the fight. It happens numerous times per BS, as well, which only means its harassment. But, because it *works* within the definitions of the mechanics, for example: rerooting doesn't exploit any *CURRENT* rules, theres nothing that says it's against policy.

The only problem is, rooting, and rerooting for 5-10 minute periods is... a gamebreaker. Like, thats the type of thing that people cancel subscriptions over if it happens too many times.

Imo, melee classes should be the ones who HAVE the roots, since they need to catch up to people to kill them, not the other way around. Currently, it's not classified as an exploit to root someone far away from you where they use their range benefit to kill you, but, it should be the other way around. It should be an exploit

My range is 5m, an agents range is 40m. The only even ground is when both parties are within 5m of each other. if melee profs had roots, we should be able to make a fight equal, but, we should never be put in an exploited position of range deficiency.

Give melee roots/snares! take them away from ranged! the game is backwards!

Easy fix for roots/snares : divide duration of those by 20 if they're casted on players (that's still 20ish sec roots and 1+ min snares). FM should be something used to remove a root to be able to run away or catch up the kiter, not something you spam for 10-20 secs after fight.

And blinds I'm not sure it's really an issue with all the anti blind stuff ingame. Maybe remove visual effect from blind, and remove the blind resist from Albtraum Utils. That way NTs keep their -offense on PvP'ers that would be immune anyway, and casual pvp'ers don't get frustrated with chain blinds.
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Imo, melee classes should be the ones who HAVE the roots, since they need to catch up to people to kill them, not the other way around. Currently, it's not classified as an exploit to root someone far away from you where they use their range benefit to kill you, but, it should be the other way around. It should be an exploit.

Give melee roots/snares! take them away from ranged! the game is backwards!
    Imo, EVERY prof should have at least 1 root/1 stun/1 snare, and at least 1 tool to get you/another player out of it.

That way if you've used your escape tool, if someone else sees you rooted/snared/stunned they can use THEIR tool, but that would leave them at a disadvantage, making you two work together twice as hard thus, more team pvp.
    Atlantean
    ------------------

Imo, melee classes should be the ones who HAVE the roots, since they need to catch up to people to kill them, not the other way around.
    That's not a good argument. I could say "Imo, ranged classes should be the ones who HAVE the roots, since that's the only way they can dodge an alpha from enfo/ shade/MA".

The issue is the duration of roots/snares, which is way over the top in pvp, and how easy you can spam/refresh them.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Imo, EVERY prof should have at least 1 root/1 stun/1 snare, and at least 1 tool to get you/another player out of it.

That way if you've used your escape tool, if someone else sees you rooted/snared/stunned they can use THEIR tool, but that would leave them at a disadvantage, making you two work together twice as hard thus, more team pvp.
    This x100000billion.

But, it's more complicated. because, for example, enf's have essentially unlimited root/snare breakers, while agents/ fixers/NT's/traders essentially have unlimited roots/snares.

Advies have excellent root/snare resist.
    MA's are a bit screwed, but, not too badly, because at 220 they can afford 5 or so perks in SD. they also have FMs and UWOS. They also can insta heal on command.

Shade, keepers, are definitly in the weeds, though, as both profs have no extra non-perk snare/ root breakers, AND, as they are inherently perk reliant, have no extra perks for SD, AKA, screwed. (enervate doesn't work.)

Ranged classes seems to have more problems with roots than melee classes when it comes to battlestation and whompawars.
    Melee classes usualy have high NR and tools like perks to counter roots/snares.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

But, it's more complicated. because, for example, enf's have essentially unlimited root/snare breakers, while agents/ fixers/NT's/traders essentially have unlimited roots/snares.
    Cooldown timers.

Stops chain snare/roots/stuns/removals.

Since they're working on local cooldown times, put all snares/stuns/roots/removals on the local cooldown while everything else is on whatever cooldown they wish to put it on, allowing you to continue using your toolset while said tools are on cooldown.
    Atlantean
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Ranged classes seems to have more problems with roots than melee classes when it comes to battlestation and whompawars.
    Melee classes usualy have high NR and tools like perks to counter roots/snares.
    Is that really true though?

ranged profs can swap a yatamutchi, and bang, hit anyone within LOS. melee profs swap a yatmutchi and can sometimes hit the guy next to him if theres no synch lag (never).

like I mentioned before: Here's the imbalance breakdown:
    enf has rage (the best tool)+high NR, MA's have UWOS (45 second recharge)+high NR, advies have awesome root/snare resist.

Now, on the other end: Keepers have low NR, enervate (doesn't work well enough to be considered a benefit), and not enough perks for SD.
    Shades don't have enough perks for SD (I don't know if they have any other inherent root/snare resist/ break items/nanos)

Do NOT lump keepers and shades into "melee classes have tools perks to remove snares/ roots" Because they don't. melee classes are NOT built equally in this regard.

Imo, keepers and shades need some significant boosts. If enervate got a major boost and like 5x faster tick, it would be decent, keepers would be fixed. shades, I don't know.

can the FC team please fix this asap?

combined with bad synch, This is ruining the game.
    110% blind resist is overrated.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    +tacky hack for soli, keeper aura and advys Boon of w., clan soli sb3,Is cloak, IS memories,Myis armors....
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    110% blind resist is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    +tacky hack for soli, keeper aura and advys Boon of w., clan soli sb3,Is cloak, IS memories,Myis armors....
    Are you suggesting that he use some kinda exploit in order to take advantage of all those things?

Roots/snares and most other debuffs have too long duration and can be chained.
    That is what is wrong about them, and luckily that is something FC intend to do something about while at the same time making them more reliable.

I do feel McKnuckleSamwich's pain here as I remember all that crap dasm well from back when I played my keeper, and compared with sync issues it does suck out all the fun.
    Sync issue combined with all such crap is the reason I shelved my keeper with /played 150+ days...

McKnuckleSamwich:
    Adding the level of the toon you play to your signature would be beneficial, in order to make sure that people know what you're talking about.
    Much of what you say goes for an end-game keeper as well.... but not to the same extent.
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 16th, 2010 at 07:23:26.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

yes, what mehk said.

keepers have enervate and FM.

I've posted a possible solution to enervate, which, really isn't a bad idea (just to reduce the length between ticks, and decrease the amount of root/snare reduction per tick (keeping same reduction over time). FM's are limited use.

Keepers, especially at lower levels have no perks (ZERO) to spare for SD, which otherwise might be a fairly useful investment.

Tacky hack is nice, but, wrong class and self only, SB1/2/3 is not available at TL5.

not many advies around lately for boon, etc.
    IS mems are a good suggestion.

Keeper enervate line currently is barely worth mentioning. miy's armour is realistically not feasible, considering how many drawbacks we have in other areas, like AR and evades.

Blinds are like crat stuns; they remove fun from playing and should be changed. Lets rename them to aao debuffs and remove blind effect. Seriously, playing a game with black screen is lame
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast