Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about Notum Repulsor adjustment?

How about Notum Repulsor adjustment?

Surrently maxed it gives 20 k nr- making the user totally immune to all and every caster toolset. And it isn't like its permanent sacrifice- players can max it fine just to duel caster prof, then untrain it.

So how about limiting it to something which doesn't gives somebody who maxed it a godmode vs casters? Say limit it to rank 3- extra 2400 nr is more then enough. Also,1400 nanoskills still means a sacrifice- while there is no practical difference between giving up on say 3500 nanoskills (NR5) and 8000 nanoskills (NR8)- you can't cast anything anyway so you don't sacrifice anything.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    I would suggest adding - inits to each perk.
    The problem is that -inits won't do anything vs weapon specials and perks, which are the main source of dmg in pvp for non-casters. So they will still be able to max it and keep pretty much all of their pvp dmg, while still being totally immune to anything and everything that a caster can do- still a godmode.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

TBH, this perkline should be removed, so we can continue our holy war against NT debuffing toolset, undisturbed.

How about horses for courses?

Unless your an Nr8 Trox MR shade, Nr8 is all or nothing perk line..

Now lets get back to CB adjustments, the real issue here.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

IMO, add a pulsing NCU wipe to Notum Repulsor. Every 5-10 seconds all friendly nanolines, except SL portal nanos, are reduced in duration by 5 hours.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

IMO there shouldnt be any aspects in this game that makes you completely ignore another class.

Wonder what everyone else on RK would feel if a NT perked Weapon Repulsor... -8000 weaponskills 20k evades and a pulsing specialblocker of 10 every 5 sec.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

i agree with fappers... notum repulsor even tho it cripples the user completly dissables a NTs offence against that person.
    same as evades in their current form has forced so many into perking MR to actually be able to harm them at all notum repulsor perk line is a joke.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

yea, I posted about this too. I vote limit NR to 4 perks.

Another thing is to definitly add 10-15% cost to NR1, 20-25% to NR2, 35-40% to NR3 and 55-60% cost to NR4.

If there is real nanobot repulsion, cost of using them should go WAY up.

Anyone in NR4 should have at least +100% cost.
    NR1 should be 10-15% for sure too, it's just way too easymode otherwise.

NT's need a nerf too though.. way too many defences and offenses at once. CB? srsly.. such garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    IMO, add a pulsing NCU wipe to Notum Repulsor. Every 5-10 seconds all friendly nanolines, except SL portal nanos, are reduced in duration by 5 hours.
    Even with that NR8 still will make the player totally immune to caster toolset. Not just nt btw- any prof that relies on nanodmg or nanodebuffing to attack- docs, traders, mp, crats, to degree fixers, ets.

The Notum Repulsor line itself was created back when it took 3 days to reset a single perk- so maxing it back then meant first resetting perks for 24 days to get perks for it, then resetting them again for 24 days if you wanted to remove the line. However with the perk resetting changes it became a joke- not only somebody can max it and get a godmode vs casters, but he isn't even crippled by it for any considerable time. See players that max it specially to duel caster as example.

maybe drop it down in nr of perks to lets say 5 or so

and make it add like 3k NR for whole line

so those perks can be used as a counter vs a Nt's 3K nr debuffs
    or something like that ....

20k nr
    nerfffzzzz
    i hate haveing to go trough my 15 bp's to find my as bow when i got a nr8 shade running after me in duel xD
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    IMO there shouldnt be any aspects in this game that makes you completely ignore another class.

Wonder what everyone else on RK would feel if a NT perked Weapon Repulsor... -8000 weaponskills 20k evades and a pulsing specialblocker of 10 every 5 sec.

Remove NR or implement this WR imo.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    NT's need a nerf too though.. way too many defences and offenses at once. CB? srsly.. such garbage.
    I agree, the sad part is that in nowdays pvp the NT is totaly reliant on it.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

who uses nr8 these days ?

- few (very few) pvpers who gets all buff running, perks nr8 and go hunt for some duels or some flagged players to gank (and unperk/reperk every 48h, fun)

- very (very) few pvpers in BS... once debuffed in decontamination, they kill noone, they attack noone, they just run and try to cap points. fun.

- pvmers who needs a serious setup to tank some mobs (hags, dreads, ...)

perking nr8 is a choice : loose all your nano abilities/buffs (most of buffs are self for all profs), and get a huge resistance/immunity to nano attacks.

the point is EVERYONE can perk nr8, it's not profession locked. it's a part of everyone's toolset, it offers diversity in the game. you want to pvp ? then learn to loose too

NR adjust ? fix NR check first maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enculeet View Post
    who uses nr8 these days ?

- few (very few) pvpers who gets all buff running, perks nr8 and go hunt for some duels or some flagged players to gank (and unperk/reperk every 48h, fun)

- very (very) few pvpers in BS... once debuffed in decontamination, they kill noone, they attack noone, they just run and try to cap points. fun.

- pvmers who needs a serious setup to tank some mobs (hags, dreads, ...)

perking nr8 is a choice : loose all your nano abilities/buffs (most of buffs are self for all profs), and get a huge resistance/immunity to nano attacks.

the point is EVERYONE can perk nr8, it's not profession locked. it's a part of everyone's toolset, it offers diversity in the game. you want to pvp ? then learn to loose too

NR adjust ? fix NR check first maybe ?

Make Weapon Repulsor available for everyone aswell.
    Its a choice you can do with sacrifices?

If it is like you described it wouldnt be bad at all.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

I'd like to see something like a perk line, that doesn't give any static NR itself, but instead would give increasing perk actions, those would for example on use wipe your NCU, push up NSD, stuff up your NCU so you couldn't get OSB'd and buff NR for huge amount for 20s.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Removing NR perkline is the best way but i don't think many will agree so i suggested to add -inits . Basically many people uses this line to get more NR. Melee based prof and perk reliant profs don't loose that much since they are dependent on perks and weapon skills instead of nano skills ex. MA, Fix, Shade, Keep, Some Enfos, Some NTs (Yes NT :O) so nano based profs cant cast anything on the target so failed toolset its like FC is allowing Nano Shields to EVERYONE and Weapon Shields to fewer profs :P

NR8 should simply give the 20k NR, at a -1k nanoskill penalty.

The concept is great. If anything it nerfs nanoskills too much.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

actually it doesn't give immunity. we had a tournament waaaay back. nr8 keeper got ubted on second attempt.

isnt FC going against once sidedness in battles?
    GTH is being changed so its not so devistating
    BR is being changed so its not so devistating
    enfos no longer have snare/root break on demand

WR isn't a good idea, but with current game mechanics, niether is NR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast