Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What makes Enforcers OP in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    Man i don't know what's goin on but why do you have take so many shortcuts, show your ignorance and be so emo in those last posts ?

Wrangleline explained you some good stuff in the BR/GTH thread in the trader forum and this is basically the same vibe you throwing in there, cut the crap ?

Beside it is a thread about enfos, not NTs.

Quick on subject, enfos vs NT offer a decent enough balance atm in my opinion, compared to all the other broken stuff. Only stuff that might need to be looked at from a NT's PoV might be the amount of stuns you got in 1he/1hb setup. *Maybe it is just me*, throw in a hint if so, but 5/6 diff small stuns (dunno how many you got actually just assuming, if it is 4 it is the same) are super hard to manage with free mov, 3 sec stuns kicks in, realise it did, clic FM, it executes, which took 2 sec, you won 1, then an other stun is chained, FM locked, next, etc ? MoR does work of course once every 10 min but in BS you need it versus shade too or MA or to escape to resist root from time to time so it isn t really a reliable tool imo. In duels it is viable ofc. So, I do feel like i am "losing control of my character for an extended period of time", seeing how crucial can be a 5 seconds period toe to toe to an enfo.

Might be the balance aspect, but that force us to kite you heavely, which might makes fight boring for you. As i see it the crucial part about fighting an enfo is having luck with root breakin on hit, and once they do break, having luck so the next root isn't resisted, etc. Could be more entertaining.
    not really, some NTs claim enfs are OP or balanced, while 2 clicks render the enf useless and they can get away anytime they want

"not really, some NTs claim enfs are OP or balanced, while 2 clicks render the enf useless and they can get away anytime they want"

Yeah you are talking mass pvp there. Since there would be no point to "run away" in a duel. The run away method is available to most people. NT can when he is hit with GTH. MoR and bye bye via teleporter. Fixer when aggroing a NT, *buuuuuuuurn* and disappear, etc. Running away is an option and i don't think it's game breaking.

When a NT duel an enfo or choose to stay and fight him it can take a ****load of time to take the enfo down, beetween coon, RRFE in mass pvp, the fact NT doesn t have capping hit dmg, BR when in duel (obviously not always up in BS etc, same as my MoR complain), mongo heal, etc. Talkin minutes+ to take down the enfo here. Adds usually come by way before that time in mass pvp. Any misstake / bad luck on root resist refreshing lead to NT splatting very quickly also. A dedicated enfo can also pack enough IS rod / Alba stim for those times he steps on a NT, so as to grant him enough time toe-to-toe with the NT to spank him.

I did a test not too long ago on an enfo in duel. Stood toe to toe with him for a min 20 spamming IU doing nothing else after the usual 2x CB cast. Guess what he was at 80%+ HP at the end this period. IU spam might works only once you made em waste their BR. If you do the root - IU method, each root cast nerf your dmg. The more unlucky you are on root breaking, the less dps. Etc, there is lot to say bout all that, which make duel fair enough.

You just don't know what you talking about, why do you bother ? Go talk bout things you know - nr8 sol, how BR is game breaking, w/e.
    Last edited by Djantro; Mar 7th, 2010 at 05:33:31.

Forget it Dj, he played a 220 NT once he found it quite easy and OP so he knows.

Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    NTs don't always have NBG up. You're bringing in dying as a reason it's up for the next fight? LOL WHAT? Wow this is just wonderful.
    Yes lol, it's a wonderfully pathetic argument lol. "Your profession is op: if it survives a fight versus one toon, it suicides to be ready for next fight... which makes them op". Hahaha.

Any soldier that can actually be even near a challenge on forums? Because I feel like I'm kicking a baby with a baseball bat when I answer them, and while it was funny the first times, it's getting old... and it makes me look mean .
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Djantro View Post
    Quick on subject, enfos vs NT offer a decent enough balance atm in my opinion, compared to all the other broken stuff. Only stuff that might need to be looked at from a NT's PoV might be the amount of stuns you got in 1he/1hb setup.
    A proper 1he/1hb setup will have one of the following:

All will have the AOE stun bring the pain, and the init debuff (can't remember the name atm lol).

In addition they could have one of the following additions:

Form of troll for two long recharge, slow to fire, but long duration stuns, one of which is an AOE. Form of troll itself will snare the enf, and the AR is based off brawl so most enfs choose not to use FoT anymore for pvp.

Brawl 2 and 4 perks, one is not a guaranteed to land but the big smash perk is a 100% 2 second stun and nano init debuff. This also leaves 6 perks to be placed in something like freak str or genius 2.

The last is manners of mongo 9 for groin kick. Its a slow to fire, brawl based perk, but it has a strong init debuff and long stun duration. The perkline itself offers very little benefit to a pvp enforcer other than the final perk.

There are some 10% chance stuns in some perks but 10% is hardly a point of argument. On a lucky day an enf could have a lot of stuns land, but you have a better chance of getting double supple drops on a city raid than every stun actually landing from a full alpha. Bring the Pains AOE stun also has some issues where it doesn't work, despite the perk landing 100% of the time the stun is seperate and can be resisted.

TBH, I'd choose colossal health and only have 1 stun in my setup, mostly because draw blood is very nice vs evaders, the healing is a great benefit, and I prefer the max health to giving me a buffer for escaping. Like I said previously, an enforcer does not have 65 SL perks for every stun available

I wish all profs were so perfectly balanced.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

seriously I see no such thing as an TL7 overpowered enf.

if enforcers were overpowered, subpar geared enfs like my own would be able to steamroll everyone on bs.. which is basically not true, I spend more time in decon room then actually fighting. Its not like in bs you will say "omg we (omni or clan) are going to loose because they (the other side) have too many enfs", something that is true for certain other profs.

Enforcers dont have OVERPOWERED stuns. If an enf is 2he/1he/2hb you only get crappy FoT stuns (which need some selfsnare to be running and everyone can see it coming from a mile away) and brawler (not garanteed stuns), and MAYBE the snare/init debuffs from MoM. These stuns also check brawl as attackrating which is a lot lower then our main weapon attackrating.

The only decent stuns enfs have are the 1hb ones though not at all OP, since 1hb perks alone wont be able to alpha decent pvp'er with good gear and knowledge of what they are doing.

Yes a combined 1hb+1he setup has a great alpha, BUT it comes with a sacrifices like no lifeblood/brawler or whatever the player comes up with. In 1he+1hb setup if the enf also wants groin kick then he will loose also a lot of HP and HD.

You ppl are really exaggerating the enforcers defence. You do realise for example if a enf has Mongo rage, he will not have highway. I recall while back someone calculated and tested, you need about (iirc) 2800 AR to perk endgame enf in CC/def hud setup, what perkdamage reliant pvp prof does not have that much AR???

So everyone claiming enforcers have overpowered HD AND AAD AND AR AND uber stuns, I think you are wrong

- Some enfs have great HD/hp but that comes with sacrifice in Attackrating
    - Some enfs have great AAD but that comes with sacrifice in attackrating
    - Some enfs have great AR but that comes with sacrifice in aad
    - Some enfs have great alpha/stuns but that comes with sacrifice in hd/hp/aad

So no, we DON't have everything.

I was 1he+1hb a while ago (like 2 years ago). it was fun to insta-splat gimpy agents/docs but i get insta-splated myself by any other good pvp'ers so I went for a survivabilty setup (2he no stuns) which worked better imho. Imho its not a overpowerd setup, imho its great that we can have the option to have a great alpha at the expense of HP&Hd etc.

Im worried about the rebalancing patch. I was planning of going back to 2he, but i think it won't be able to alpha anyone with reaver only hitting twice.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Quote Originally Posted by Synre View Post
    what perkdamage reliant pvp prof does not have that much AR???
    Defense setup shades. When i was in def setup, i usually had to pop MR and drain the enf first :P
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Yes lol, it's a wonderfully pathetic argument lol. "Your profession is op: if it survives a fight versus one toon, it suicides to be ready for next fight... which makes them op". Hahaha.

Any soldier that can actually be even near a challenge on forums? Because I feel like I'm kicking a baby with a baseball bat when I answer them, and while it was funny the first times, it's getting old... and it makes me look mean .

yeah well you forgot the part where i never mentioned 1 toon, i mentioned them tanking 7 people :P which shouldnt even be possible in the first place for a class like NT, the fact that they can tank and survive all of it says alot, after that though someone usually likes getting killed to refill that 50k+ nanopool

its the same thing as some of us /terminating when a crat lands so many tapes on us, or an MP with dominates

or a doc that just got GTH and would rather die

and NTs which just got done tanking 7 people and kill atleast 1 of them or got away wants to refil 50k nano

its in the same sense as that

they dont have to die, they can refil it just like soldiers wait 40s before the next AMS etc (granted its more painful for NT)

the problem is NTs having that ability in the first place :P dont even get me started on NS2

then if you look at enfs, they dont have anything at all that makes them take no dmg from anyone ingame short of maybe stupid low AR advies vs major def and hp enfs, and even then they can still do 8k+ SAs where as an NT with NBG up dosnt take dmg, at all, ever, not even from other NTs

which is why ofc im happy that the new GTH dosnt last long but makes sure NTs cant keep casting with it on

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    its the same thing as some of us /terminating when a crat lands so many tapes on us, or an MP with dominates
    I can't agree with this dominate claim bulsh*t.

As much as 5 minutes debuff can sound bad, it's nowhere as devastating or annoying as several others that are mentioned here. All you have to do to negate it, is... Ask MP for a CM, or swap 1 util and 1 hud item.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post

As much as 5 minutes debuff can sound bad, it's nowhere as devastating or annoying as several others that are mentioned here. All you have to do to negate it, is... Ask MP for a CM, or swap 1 util and 1 hud item.
    Oh please. I'd rather terminate than have to swap on a nanoskill HUD and lose either 11s AS or 150 def.

And 'ask a MP for CM' lol. Umm do you play anymore? Because if you do you'll notice MPs never pvp and you find maybe 1 or 2 here and there sometimes.

Usually, an enforcer will not lose to an MP simply because they cannot cast, and if there are others around then its going to be a fast enough death that you might as well die anyways. In mass pvp the enforcer is not going to be a target, and definately not crippled since effecting our nanoskills only hampers are solo survival toolset and not our perk offense dependance (aka drains are crippling, nanoskill debuffs are not).

MPs really are a non-issue for enforcers. They are more an annoyance, like a crat.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Oh please. I'd rather terminate than have to swap on a nanoskill HUD and lose either 11s AS or 150 def.
    I thought we were talking about enfs here.

And 'ask a MP for CM' lol. Umm do you play anymore? Because if you do you'll notice MPs never pvp and you find maybe 1 or 2 here and there sometimes.
    :'( How exactly do you get hit by dominate then?

:'( How exactly do you get hit by dominate then?
    Well the rare occasion one does pop up :P

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Well the rare occasion one does pop up :P
    And he has no better stuff to do (i.e. running for his life, casting SS, buffing pets, etc...), but casting dominate on you. Yeah, right.

And he has no better stuff to do (i.e. running for his life, casting SS, buffing pets, etc...), but casting dominate on you. Yeah, right.
    its true actually, since MPs are nerfed atm, most of them just cast dominates to be as annoying as possible

we do so badly now on bs we spam dominates on all out of sheer spite
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    we do so badly now on bs we spam dominates on all out of sheer spite
    Oh, my bad then. I didn't know it was THAT bad. :\

Oh, my bad then. I didn't know it was THAT bad. :\

How does instant death from a 1hb/1he enfo sound

3 perks alone from an Enfo on bs last night = 10.5k dmg
    Still here

yeah well you forgot the part where i never mentioned 1 toon, i mentioned them tanking 7 people :P which shouldnt even be possible in the first place for a class like NT, the fact that they can tank and survive all of it says alot, after that though someone usually likes getting killed to refill that 50k+ nanopool
    Show me that context (or give a llink) and if it does go that way, I'll backtrack... not being lazy, but the search tool and a 5 min screening of the threads wasn't enough to find your original post.

or a doc that just got GTH and would rather die
    Conveniently not speaking about gth on nts, hey?

and NTs which just got done tanking 7 people and kill atleast 1 of them or got away wants to refil 50k nano
    Yes, nts tank 7 people and they go away.
    And if we don't go away, we kill AT LEAST (this is a very very very minimum) 1.
    But since we are speaking about refilling, I guess what it meant is that nts tank 7 people, kill a minimum of 1 and then "go away" and then let themselves die?
    And it's less than 50k nano.

they dont have to die, they can refil it just like soldiers wait 40s before the next AMS etc (granted its more painful for NT)
    Yes, a nt doesn't have to suicide when it doesn't have nano, and actually, they don't. They wouldn't ever at tara, after a duel, nor at towers, and the last possible spot is the bs... where I spent way too much time to believe claims nts suicide after ng ended and so are never to be found playing without ng ready. What is true though, is that after ng has ran, a le nt will clearly be squishy... very squishy. Some probably did while the old title system was active though.

the problem is NTs having that ability in the first place :P dont even get me started on NS2
    You mean the nano that stops nts from using le nukes for 30 mins after each cast? The same nano no nt has ever used against me (who uses it, because it feels like playing a semi-different profession without all the hassle of a reroll) in 4 months (8 months ago) + couple days of bs very recently, in a mode where it would be obvious for me if was used? Not speaking of when I was off focus, because, well, le nukes don't care about ns.
    Or are you speaking of the coming version of ns2, that comes with a totally new tooset nobody knows anything about?

then if you look at enfs, they dont have anything at all that makes them take no dmg from anyone ingame short of maybe stupid low AR advies vs major def and hp enfs, and even then they can still do 8k+ SAs where as an NT with NBG up dosnt take dmg, at all, ever, not even from other NTs
    Nts take dmg under ng... 10% for nm (20% for atrox). Only coupled with >nm< booster does it completely stops dmg.
    And, under ng with a gth running, you will take main dmg, so farewell "ever". So will you if you run out of nano.
    Enfos have more of a static defense, nts have more of a burst-like defense. Though an enfo that activates all defenses is far from a squishy.

which is why ofc im happy that the new GTH dosnt last long but makes sure NTs cant keep casting with it on
    We will probably be hiding behind ns2 during the hardest part ^^.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast