Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 12th, 2010 - I got the year right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The 4th SS wasnt up before I saw them so I only saw it now, but if its what I think it's going to be that's pure awesome.
    Bah, tell us what you think it's going to be. Now I'm curious
    Veteran of Equilibrium

im just hoping it wont be another step on a colour in a sequence instance

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Bah, tell us what you think it's going to be. Now I'm curious
    Well, lets put it this way, Kintaii has access to the whole documents of AO's storyline and all the branches of it, and he's pretty hard core about sticking to the story.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It's also worth noting that yes, while the Collector instance is currently geared toward end-game players, there's a whole slew of content incoming for all title levels in the form of the Daily Missions system. There's more to the next update than just one instance.
    And there we have it. A once a day mission system for all level ranges is content. I think you guys really don't get it. I have said it before and I will say it again. FC your actions continue to indicate that endgame is the only real part of the game you care about. From the crappy (and contined pain) of noob island to all the continued endgame content being added. Just once I would like to read "2 new instances targeted at the 75 to 135 level ranges have been added to game" and go wow and be happy about it.

Means & Kintaii, it is about to be 2 years since I first submitted my Sector 66 package to you for a 55-80 alien playfield. I actually first submitted it to Sil when he was Game Director. Got positive feedback from both Sil and Means on this idea but 2 years is forever to see nothing come of it. And in the same time we have seen zero new content for the level range i targeted in my package. I am loosing the faith here and I think many players are in the same boat. All the talk about making the learning curve less of problem and making the lower level fun again really is just talk at this point.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Every time I hear about "The Collector" instance I get this image of FunCom ripping off Mass Effect.

Ah well I'm sure that's just in my head, and the equipment lock is going to be SO welcome.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    And there we have it. A once a day mission system for all level ranges is content. I think you guys really don't get it. I have said it before and I will say it again. FC your actions continue to indicate that endgame is the only real part of the game you care about. From the crappy (and contined pain) of noob island to all the continued endgame content being added. Just once I would like to read "2 new instances targeted at the 75 to 135 level ranges have been added to game" and go wow and be happy about it.

Means & Kintaii, it is about to be 2 years since I first submitted my Sector 66 package to you for a 55-80 alien playfield. I actually first submitted it to Sil when he was Game Director. Got positive feedback from both Sil and Means on this idea but 2 years is forever to see nothing come of it. And in the same time we have seen zero new content for the level range i targeted in my package. I am loosing the faith here and I think many players are in the same boat. All the talk about making the learning curve less of problem and making the lower level fun again really is just talk at this point.

Nothing came from it because they put another system in game so that players of all levels could get AI Exp, they have also expanded the amount of cities a player can go to.

I've created thousands of threads full of ideas and you dont here me bitching that they havnt made Blankets of the Gods or anything like that.

Also, there is all this Older content for those levels, yeah its not new to you but it is to new players. Up until 08 there was no real end game content, there was APF, and Panda, and Tara, that was it, now they are adding new end game content to handle it since that is the level range where most of the current players are.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Seventh!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

just watched the movie the collector... pretty brutal, and not as much of a ripoff of saw as I thought it was going to be.

So, another week, another FwM, and once more very little changes. While I realise that things take time, this drawn out process is starting to have severe effects on the morale of many players.

So far, half of my org have gone on 'extended break', or gone off to play other games while they wait for duke nukem forev- I mean the great rebalance/engine upgrade.

Nice new tl7 instance (do we REALLY need another instance that will be farmers paradise within a week? maybe I should get in first "Wts all the nodrops at silly prices pst") still looks scarilly like another guitar hero ripoff (please tell me I am wrong)

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. The "Collector" instance by Kintaii is coming along very well and is turning into a very interesting encounter...completely new by any assessment.
    Looks strangely similar to everything else in the game to me, only the boss looks "new".

Funcom employee

There will be no "stepping on coloured lights to make stuff happen" in the playfield. Doesn't mean the colours aren't important, but no - This instance isn't like anything else in the game currently.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

i pick green shade.
    i R not spik engrish

what a "good news inc" week !

but the best one is prolly that Parsed now got a name !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    Zoomg!

I was here... and stuff.
    Oversized pockets let an atrox bring 4 spares in case his cabbage goes bad!
    Last edited by Keldros; Feb 12th, 2010 at 20:37:48.

1. Macrosun has started work on a "lock equipment" option.
    Thank you.

We now have one less thread to bump regularly.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    That is true and it is nice.

But it's still a bit besides the point though. I also think that way to little has been done for the 80-149 people (and other level ranges as well) to drag them somewhere more interesting than ely hecklers and NT-kiting teams.

The daily missions is a supplement for all level ranges and doesn't really count as actual persistent content for the level ranges that needs attention.
    I really have to agree here.

I would love to make some more TL7 toons, but as it stands, the prospect of leveling more alts from 80-149 completely deters me from making new characters, especially when in that period there are certain levels where either no one wants you or certain spots are either too easy or too hard.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

wts FC turning TL7 raiding into a "lets make AO a puzzle game" love fest....
    Toomanylegos 220 Engi AI26 LE70
    Toomanystabs 220 Shade
    Toomanycalms 220 Crat
    Toomanylocks 170ish stripped fixer
    Proud Spartan and Froob Hater

Quote Originally Posted by TmL View Post
    wts FC turning TL7 raiding into a "lets make AO a puzzle game" love fest....
    Making a game require thinking is never a bad thing.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Making a game require thinking is never a bad thing.
    Actually.... WTB more of that
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Yay. Love the new armor. Looks awesome. More like a bomb defuser or something. And the new instance looks smoooth. I'm thinking pandemonium.

Keep up the good work guys.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast