Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 12th, 2010 - I got the year right!!!

Funcom employee Friday with Means - February 12th, 2010 - I got the year right!!!

Not that much to speak about this week that I haven't already been answering questions about

1. Macrosun has started work on a "lock equipment" option.

2. The "Collector" instance by Kintaii is coming along very well and is turning into a very interesting encounter...completely new by any assessment.

3. Work is going well on the Engine. Work began in earnest this week in "cutting out" the old engine completely. A very important step in the optimization phase of the engine work. It is almost safe to say at this point that "integration" is "done"...which is an amazing achievement considering the time that they have had to work with the Dreamworld engine.

4. The daily missions are coming along well. A new version was sent to the test dimension today. We hope to publish another new version on Tuesday. Thank you all again for the excellent feedback on this initiative that is really speeding it forward.

5. Kintaii and Mstrbstrd have assured me that they will post a couple screenies of their instance and Social armor set when they get a chance

Kintaii Ninja Edit!: New Armour and New Instance (AKA: The Collector).

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    And I am taking shameless credit on this one: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=517065
    Last edited by zartosht; Feb 12th, 2010 at 17:28:37. Reason: Give credit where it is due ;)
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

The Coder Formerly known as INSERTGMNICKHERE Parsed's Avatar

Funcom employee

Yay

Does this update fix the trouble with patching to test?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Hello
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

The Coder Formerly known as INSERTGMNICKHERE Parsed's Avatar

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Does this update fix the trouble with patching to test?
    Duping Live, and patching from there shouldn't be a problem.... right?

1st PAGE!!!

Wow... we are finally getting there. Just a few more babysteps.
    Last edited by majere; Feb 12th, 2010 at 17:27:44.

nth!
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Parsed View Post
    Duping Live, and patching from there shouldn't be a problem.... right?
    You'd think that. First it gave me an error about textcolors.xml not being the original file, so I replaced it with a version I hadn't edited in AOCrayon. Now it gives me the same error for LoginPrefs.xml or client.exe, depending on it's mood. This error cancels patching.

I could download a fresh client and patch it to test, but a lot of people are having this problem. And if this is the same patching system that's going to hit Live for this update, I'd daresay there's an issue that should be corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

12rd!

and 1st page

While you are looking at lock eqiupment, how about a way to set which slot is default hotswap to, so i can make my items rclick where I want.
    Them add a disable back item option for social.
    Then add a way to enable which wear items show with social enabled(so I can wear some god damn pants in social tab and not have db skirt ruining the pants)
    Last edited by MassDebater; Feb 12th, 2010 at 17:32:29.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Big YAY for lock equipment! Daily mishes looked good when i visited on test server one day

Not that much to speak about this week that I haven't already been answering questions about

Kirby dance!
    (>^.^)>
    <(^.^<)

Will be a terrific addition, for sure.
    2. The "Collector" instance by Kintaii is coming along very well and is turning into a very interesting encounter...completely new by any assessment.
    Hmm, spiffy. I'm assuming it's a TL7 encounter?
    3. Work is going well on the Engine. Work began in earnest this week in "cutting out" the old engine completely. A very important step in the optimization phase of the engine work. It is almost safe to say at this point that "integration" is "done"...which is an amazing achievement considering the time that they have had to work with the Dreamworld engine.
    4. The daily missions are coming along well. A new version was sent to the test dimension today. We hope to publish another new version on Tuesday. Thank you all again for the excellent feedback on this initiative that is really speeding it forward.
    5. Kintaii and Mstrbstrd have assured me that they will post a couple screenies of their instance and Social armor set when they get a chance
    Very cool.

Also, welcome to the Forums, Parsed.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Been trying for a week or two now to copy a few char's to test... Not succeeded even once so far...

Any ideas?

PS.
    Thanks for the update.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

WTB new video footage from new engine on FwM next week, please. Just give is something more than a bit of grass, really. 30-60 seconds of OA surroundings would do the trick.

Have a great weekend, Means & Co and fellow gamers!
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    yesss

w00t, lock equipment sounds great, been dreaming about it for ages,,,

i just hope we will be able to set wich parts of our equip we want to have locked and wich not, so that wouldnt prevent swapping in certain situations,,,

once again, great news
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

First Page

Great Stuff.

Lock Equipment - ALL HAIL MACROSUN!!!!

Collector is what level range?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Cant put into words how fantastic that would be if Macrosun could pull that 1 off *fingers crossed & everything else poss. crossed*

Also wanna say thanks to you guys for the hard work, really exciting times ahead for AO in the future.
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus