Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which proffesion can kill all other proffesions on the most regular basis?

Trox Keeper circa 2006 > ranged advys
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Duels aren't PvP.
    No ur right, duels are pvm content.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Klitschko can definitely beat Ulsan Bolt in a ring, but i'd sure like to see him beat Bolt on an open stadium with no ropes. And yet he could also very easy get one-hit knocked out during uncontrolled bar brawl by skinny nerdy guy with glasses who just happened to grab a chair.

Which is presicely what can , will and does happen every time you try to apply results from artificial enviroment with unnatural set of rules , to an open system with no ruleset and its own independent dynamics.

Duels aren't PvP.
    Player vs Player ~ 1 player vs 1 player ~ duel

Has nothing to do with pvp

wait.

wat?
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by pivits View Post
    Which proffesion can kill all other proffesions on the most regular basis? At TL7, Proffesion/Breed? Why?
    Im curious.
    trader
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yer you clearly don't understand the difference between duels on a MA and anything that isn't duelling on a MA.

MAs are pretty fine as they are in duel situations where ppl don't kite, where you have up your 1k AAD perk, where you have up your hhab, where you can use dimach and not care about the next opponent, where you can spend root resist perks into other useful stuff etc.

Otherwise heh its a different story.
    why did you quote my post then post alot of information that was totally unrelated to mine.

for starters the word duel wasnt even in my post.

the main point of my post is that mcknucklehead posts alot of whine threads becuase he cant beat people 1v1 and that his profession is the nerfest, yet he also cant beat people 1v1 when he has a profession that is capable of doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Err.. a duel is one form of pvp. Battlestation is another. Then there is Notum Wars. City pvp. 25% zone pvp (2ho, tara etc)

The notion that one kind is more or less valid or less artificial (rofl) than the other is silly.

Let's compare BS with duels. BS is 80% zerg vs 1 person. One side slaughters the other, you get a white screen as soon as you have zoned through a portal. Or you end up with the zerg on the opposite end.
    Where exactly is the skeel in that?

At least in duels, as imbalanced as the different classes may be you only face one opponent, not 10+.

hasnt FC already stated that they arent goin to balance pvp around duels?
    duels is just a epeen growth by showing.. hey i won more duels then i lost.
    real pvp is the dynamic pvp of BS and 25% zones pvp where every profession can use their toolset as intended.
    CiB for example has a 10 min CD cause its not supposed to be up every fight.
    same goes for alot of other stuff.
    im a bit drunk atm and its 3 am.
    but tbh duels is atleast for me a passtime when im bored and BS or towers or raids aint running.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Forek View Post
    Edit: Also, Widow Maker can get a max of 3476 AR (2590 base, +826 buffs, +60 Trimmer)
    I'm pissed 1 of 2 engi bots, and 1 of 3 attacking forces as an engineer can get more AR than my agent could in a completely endgame AR equip.

This complaint aside..

the two most OP 1v1 professions are engineer, and ranged advys. However, i'm proud to say that one of the few things I don't really fear whatsoever on my agent is a rangedadvy.

But uh.. Enforcers are up there lately... and MR shades are of course devastating as anything but a soldier perhaps... MR agent's are strong enough to be feared if the agent is decent too.. meh.

Soldiers are strong too... crats bug the hell out of me... MA's are good when well equipped and with lots of know-how.. meh..

i dunno.. take your pick.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    hasnt FC already stated that they arent goin to balance pvp around duels?.
    Sil did that 3 years ago or so. He is the guy who brought us gems like sb+os, le nukes, crat stuns for instance. All of which is going away or already gone.

duels is just a epeen growth by showing.. hey i won more duels then i lost..
    That's your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

real pvp is the dynamic pvp of BS and 25% zones pvp where every profession can use their toolset as intended.
    As I mentioned earlier there are many different kinds of pvp. You don't get to determine which is more "right". That's up to FC. IF they didn't consider duels pvp then they probably wouldn't have a special score and title system for it. And certainly not the /duel command.

CiB for example has a 10 min CD cause its not supposed to be up every fight.
    same goes for alot of other stuff.
    im a bit drunk atm and its 3 am.
    but tbh duels is atleast for me a passtime when im bored and BS or towers or raids aint running.

Nobody forces you to duel anyone u know.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    As I mentioned earlier there are many different kinds of pvp. You don't get to determine which is more "right". That's up to FC.
    And they did, loud and clear, annouce game isn't going to be balanced around duels. Blind much?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    IF they didn't consider duels pvp then they probably wouldn't have a special score and title system for it. And certainly not the /duel command.
    Actually the command and duel points was added despite duels not being considered pvp, simply because, oh snap, people were asking for it.

It's nice to see the general populace coming around with my opinions of duelling which were established somewhere in 2002.

Any PVP with rules, isn't really PVP. Any "real" PVP where you outnumber an opponent hardly counts, either.

Theres nothing wrong with duels, and in some cases they can actually be a valuable guage of PVP (say, enf vs enf, if enfs are in the same setup).. but for the most part they need to have a big pinch of salt. If anything, the win/loss should be removed from them entirely to showcase that.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

you people are aurguing about the definition of PvP
    pvp is defined by the word behind it
    mass pvp, duel pvp, tara pvp, paper pvp, etc...

On how things should be balanced, i think the focus should be on mass pvp, because there are so many variables in it (who's on your/their side, how many otbs will profs recieve, how large of a advantage will one side gain threw superior numbers, ets...). if these variables arent caculated a tool that is fair in one on one pvp could make things completely one sided in mass pvp. At the same time, duels should maintain some level of balance, having no one sided kill ratios greater than 25::75 for any give set of 2 professions of equal gear with no osbs.
    Last edited by lostlife; Feb 15th, 2010 at 00:43:25.

Ranged adv by far.
    A trader is easier to escape from and he needs to debuff you first.

The adv basicly pushes "o" then drags his finger from 1 - 0, he dont have to worry about debuffing any others entering the fight, he know he can get away unless 4-5 people show up and his defense perks are down.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Ranged adv by far.
    A trader is easier to escape from and he needs to debuff you first.

The adv basicly pushes "o" then drags his finger from 1 - 0, he dont have to worry about debuffing any others entering the fight, he know he can get away unless 4-5 people show up and his defense perks are down.
    You just described a soldier with an AS hotswap
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

what kills me most are

-enforcers (stuns and monster alpha )
    -Keepers (ar setup keeper + SD perks + SnD hurts allot )
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    You just described a soldier with an AS hotswap
    A soldier dont have perk with 1-2 sec execution time that only checks 80% def....
    If a soldier even is going to dream about perking you, he needs to execute 2 perks with short range and about 4sec execution time each.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    A soldier dont have perk with 1-2 sec execution time that only checks 80% def....
    If a soldier even is going to dream about perking you, he needs to execute 2 perks with short range and about 4sec execution time each.
    yeah i tested this, exactly 3100 AR on a ranged advy perks another advy (melee) that has 3.6k def on limber, its a joke

with 100% check 3100 cant even perk a clan agent

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    yeah i tested this, exactly 3100 AR on a ranged advy perks another advy (melee) that has 3.6k def on limber, its a joke

with 100% check 3100 cant even perk a clan agent
    That agent has tl7 towers or instance buffs then.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    That agent has tl7 towers or instance buffs then.
    hence the *clan* tag, because here on RK1 clans got T7 towers

OP was asking about the prof that can kill all.

While it's true ranged adv has the easiest time killing stuff while staying alive atm, it still won't ever kill a good doc alone.

The 2 best candidates for killing anything that moves while staying alive is AI30 1hb+1he trox enf, and a AI30 NM trader.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast