Thread: Nano Shutdown nanos after balancing act

Nano Shutdown nanos after balancing act

I would like to know what is FC's future vision of Nano Shutdown and Nanite Enhanced Nano Shutdown nanos, after the balancing act.

As we all know, Nano Doctorate is being fully opened to all professions that could train it only up to level 7. Changes are also bringing 10 sec. immunity attached to second NSD removal perk action.

I believe all MPs can see this as potential (unneded) nerf of the already nerfed part of their toolset. To be worse, part of their toolset that is being the very essence of the MP profession - ability to briefly strip down their opponent's nano skills.

So, since either NSD removal perks, or NSD itself needs alterations, I suggest we start discussion on potential future NSD nanos as well.

I'll start with a few suggestions:

1)
    Rework our eNSD to work like some kind of silence nano. With 55% NR def check, 15 sec duration, no recharge, unremovable, no immunity, but on 1 minute lockout (even if it gets countered), make it use different nano line then regular NSD.

2)
    Rework our regular NSD to last for 30 seconds, lower NR def check to 140%, lower its cast time, leave it as removable, lockout of 45 sec, up to 1 minute (dependent of profession it's casted against) - if it lands.

This is the case if NSD removal perks stay as it was announced in those PDF files.

I can't help but think that when you want to change these nanos for pvp purpose it will affect pvm aswell, regardless of how rarely you use NSD for pvm.

So what I'm trying to say is that if regular NSD was kept a pure PvM nano (easily doable) it's fine as it is, but lesser versions of eNSD (regardless of how it will work) for other TLs should be an option.

In all seriousness, NSD post-patch's effectiveness depends entirely on how other nanos operate after the patch.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    In all seriousness, NSD post-patch's effectiveness depends entirely on how other nanos operate after the patch.
    Not really, since NSD is simple casting = on/off debuff.

If anything, its effectiveness depends on perk power and profession's survival abilities (not related to nanos), after the balancing act is done.

And right now, I'm concerned about that announced 10 sec NSD immunity action, and that is related to perk power, which is over the line in this case.