Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Another question!

Well we get any more world bosses, in the foreseeable future that equal the shear killing power that Mercs used to have back in the day? You know 20-30 dead people

And no just paining Mercs pink, and giving them OS won't suffice
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Q: Do you plan to look at (and adjust) the pvp & pvm level ranges after 150?

Check here (or here or here) to see what I mean about pvp level ranges.

And pvm level ranges could be ajusted so 220's couldn't team up with 160's. So we'd get more activity in ado & pen. With people actually teaming up with other people around their own level, instead of just waiting to be invited to a 220-team to leech some fast & easy levels.
    Last edited by Qualinas; Feb 7th, 2010 at 19:03:40.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    Q: Do you plan to look at (and adjust) the pvp & pvm level ranges after 150?

Check here (or here or here) to see what I mean about pvp level ranges.

And pvm level ranges could be ajusted so 220's couldn't team up with 160's. So we'd get more activity in ado & pen. With people actually teaming up with other people around their own level, instead of just waiting to be invited to a 220-team to leech some fast & easy levels.
    How about fixing it so Ado/Pen would be worth doing for lower level char's, rather than add another artificial restraint on the game play?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

After everything(balance, engine, newb isle, server transfer). And I emphasize AFTER! Don't start new stuff till this is done...

Can we expect:

-New Character spots on the Account,
    -And the Shadowlands content FINALLY being finished. Yeah, I'm talking about that door found behind number 9. :/ This will take XAN to another lvl.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by tyfowler View Post
    -New Character spots on the Account,
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Very likely...so "yes". most likely at the launch of the new engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyfowler View Post
    -And the Shadowlands content FINALLY being finished. Yeah, I'm talking about that door found behind number 9. :/ This will take XAN to another lvl.
    Usually MMORPG devs tend to never want to put a nice little bow on content and call it finished, just extend and extend and extend things.

I'll get to these during the week as this isnt really possible while spending time with my kids.
    Figured you'd wait until Monday at the earliest. That or you got some wife agg and/or hit with a to do list and can't now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    How about fixing it so Ado/Pen would be worth doing for lower level char's, rather than add another artificial restraint on the game play?
    You mean like.. maybe adding some sort of team instance with nice xp rewards? Yeah... if only we had something like that!
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

I forgot one, a very important one.

Are you going to do anything about Cyathus mobs in LE mishes? A 110 mob should not double hit and chain 2k crits. No mob should not have more health, damage, and attack range than the boss of its mission. Cyathus are the GTH of the PVM world.

Just for a little more to think about.

Cha Cyathus
    Level: 114
    (17:43) Cha Cyathus hit Confane for 1083 points of melee damage.
    (17:43) Cha Cyathus hit Enmity Personification for 1980 points of melee damage.Critical hit!
    Last edited by Gatester; Feb 7th, 2010 at 23:46:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    You mean like.. maybe adding some sort of team instance with nice xp rewards? Yeah... if only we had something like that!
    Seems it's not nice enough since many still finds it better to wait for a team in Inf.

Pen missions being harder than Inf missions, with a crappier reward to boot ain't exactly the best way to promote Pen missions.
    Last edited by Mekh; Feb 8th, 2010 at 00:25:28.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'll get to these during the week as this isnt really possible while spending time with my kids.
    Getting in some practice for dealing with these forums?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Means could you please take a look at this thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=569381

And try to justify that GM's actions, pvp is an important part of the game. We dont need carebear rules, people using AoE effects should be more careful when doing so and accept the risks, Nts have single nukes, enforcer have single taunts + taunt perks, if someone is in sneak hoping they aoe (with flag) so what? be more careful next time.

Whilst on the subject, can we expect anymore pvp content, IE instances like tara, playfields like BS, more ANARCHY in anarchy?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567426

like stuff along those lines

i used to love running from 2ho to foremans as a froob, never knowing if i was going to get ganked or have the chance to gank someone, likewise with the totw tower field
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Because for some people "worth doing" means nothing less than 30 levels/day while afk.

If you can't define it, don't propose it as a standard.

how old are your kids means? and what professions do they play in AO?
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

If his kids play advies, you know for sure they aren't getting a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Means could you please take a look at this thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=569381
    What thread?

And try to justify that GM's actions, pvp is an important part of the game. We dont need carebear rules, people using AoE effects should be more careful when doing so and accept the risks, Nts have single nukes, enforcer have single taunts + taunt perks, if someone is in sneak hoping they aoe (with flag) so what? be more careful next time.
    You can't be serious.

Whilst on the subject, can we expect anymore pvp content, IE instances like tara, playfields like BS, more ANARCHY in anarchy?
    The PvP content in the game now has been having real trouble getting the people to function properly for a long time already and you want them to add more? It'd be better if FC improved what's in game now, if they go and add more all the PvP content will suffer even more number problems than it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Because for some people "worth doing" means nothing less than 30 levels/day while afk.

If you can't define it, don't propose it as a standard.
    True enough. There certainly are those that will only join teams with OSTs from about lvl 40-160+ then turn down any Inf teams without a 220 roller. After a point they turn it up one more notch by turning down any Inf teams not doing 220 hards.

I kinda like Dark Ruins. The team version is something of a let down XP wise compare to the solo version but mostly just from DR with one char I have picked up 20+ lvls then finished my lvl 7, 8 and half of my lvl 9 research lines. It could be better but it shouldn't go too far either.

Question:
    Is it realy a good idea to schedule the transfer on a friday?
    With the anounced 24 hours it may take to complete the transfere all the bugs may surface on saturday and sunnday.
    I do not want to be disrespectfull, and I am sure you do your best to not have any bugs.
    But better than to have a 'German transfer never happend on 26.02.2010' T-shirt designed, why not schedule it on a monday?

Regards,

Krach

Quote Originally Posted by Krach View Post
    Question:
    Is it realy a good idea to schedule the transfer on a friday?
    With the anounced 24 hours it may take to complete the transfere all the bugs may surface on saturday and sunnday.
    I do not want to be disrespectfull, and I am sure you do your best to not have any bugs.
    But better than to have a 'German transfer never happend on 26.02.2010' T-shirt designed, why not schedule it on a monday?

Regards,

Krach

I think they have it planned out pretty well
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

The way AO is moving now, its more and more limiting the choice of weapon each profession can/will use without great penalties (compared to other players using the "default" weapon). Could you please consider opening this up more? It was one of the things i enjoyed the most when i started playing this game.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Is there anything in the works to make IPRs and Full IPRs unlimited, or setup much like the Perkreset guy is (free once every 2 days, 20mil for any extra), so that we can use one of AO's greatest strengths - customization and non-cookie-cutter?
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Additional changes with new engine.

Hi there,

I am an old time AO player waiting in anticipation for the release of the new engine. AO is the first MMO i ever played and I find myself "returning" to it frequently to keep tabs on things. But every time I return I have the same issue ... the control system. After spending years in other games I am just wondering if there are any plans to change the control system in AO to make it more customizable when it comes to setting key bindings? I would for instance want to be able to change all key bindings so that it can mimic the one I use in other games. This issue is the biggest reason for me not to return to AO.

Also ... changes to the user interface, any plans there? I would love it if given the ability to have a addon / mod community in AO like the one we have in WoW or AoC. I have however found a mod that I can live with in the AOUniverse one, but I feel it is a bit limited. Would love to see a new AO with a multitude of addons and mods to improve its appearance.

-S
    Sirillion, 210+ Atrox Enforcer - Omni
    Member of Valhall Guardians

4.5 question about rebalancing, please.

1. What is the philosophy behind the rebalancing?

2. Could you not achieve rebalancing with a series smaller, more targetted and efficient changes?

From the perk changes that were posted earlier, it seems that breeds will have a complete new meaning and influence on professions and hence we will be offered a one time breed change. Now it seems according to information posted by Kintaii and also by our Pros, that professions could be completely overhauled as well, to the point of making them completely different from what they are now.

The combination of new meaning of breed + complete profession overhaul means that my 220 toon will end up being something completely different and will behave in ways I had never foreseen. I will have a complete new toon, years of equipping it and learning the tricks of the trade will be wasted, and I may not like it. Is that intended?

If I want change, learn new things, do something else, I just roll another toon. I don't need my main changed by you.

Alternatively, if I do not like my profession after the changes, would I be offered a one time change of profession?

3. Could you communicate better about the implementation calendar?

A lot of things are left hanging in the air because of uncertainty about any agenda for this rebalancing:
    - Should I level an alt? hard to say, I may not like the profession after the change
    - Should I farm NODROPS? Hard to say, I don't know which will be beneficial for my toon
    - etc...

We need regular updates, especially since many previously announced events were constantly delayed (DNW transfer just slipped by a month, for instance, and I won't even get near the new engine release calendar).

4. Do you really have the resources to do all these things at the same time?

New engine, rebalancing, minor improvements, bug fixes, DNW transfer, etc... It seems that you are chasing too many things at the same time. Would you not be better off focusing on less stuff and get them done faster?
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast