Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Question from the german side:
    How long after the transfer the new city-spots will be availabel? I know you can´t give a date right now, but will it more likly be 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 month, 4 month?

It is important for the desicion if we are creating an in between instanced city or not.

Is there any chance we could get the rewards upped for Pen missions? I got 1m xp for an easy reward when I rolled a team pen mish at 190, compare that to the Dark Ruins 9m reward just for one part of the quest Then I did a solo mish at 201 and got 1000 sk reward - the same as I'd get for killing 2 mobs in a inf easy lol.

It would really help people not to have to rely on 220 rollers as much for levelling if pen missions were a viable source of xp.
    Beartime 132 Froob Advy
    Peacefulbear 220/21 Crat
    Bearcares 211/10 Doc

Squad Commander of Knights Of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by -Bear- View Post
    Is there any chance we could get the rewards upped for Pen missions? I got 1m xp for an easy reward when I rolled a team pen mish at 190, compare that to the Dark Ruins 9m reward just for one part of the quest Then I did a solo mish at 201 and got 1000 sk reward - the same as I'd get for killing 2 mobs in a inf easy lol.

It would really help people not to have to rely on 220 rollers as much for levelling if pen missions were a viable source of xp.

^^^ this!

It is annoying for the best lvl'n near endgame to rely on players who no longer need to level. Inf is dead most of the time, would be nice to have alternatives that gave atleast close to the same exp w/o having to rely on the never present 220s.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    ^^^ this!

It is annoying for the best lvl'n near endgame to rely on players who no longer need to level. Inf is dead most of the time, would be nice to have alternatives that gave atleast close to the same exp w/o having to rely on the never present 220s.
    Umm, sub 220s can also roll missions... And it should be pretty close...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by -Bear- View Post

^
    ^^
    ^^^

This!

Bump
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Why can't we pay for AO through Paypal?
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Hi Means. Is it posible to make NCU windows more user friendly? Example:

Current:
    Code:
    Name                                Type     Remain
    Greater Su****ious Death            Hostile  00:00:04
    Mongo Crush!                        Friendly 00:02:23
    Composite Attribute Boost (4 hours) Friendly 02:28:16
    Improved:
    Code:
    Name                                 Remain
    Greater Su****ious Death                    4
    Mongo Crush!                             2:23
    Composite Attribute Boost (4 hours)   2:28:16
    If you are interested you can find more in my suggestion: NCU windows and chats improvements
    Dragocz RK1

Seventh!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    Seventh!
    Pfft no you ./fail
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

poor means... i bet he saw the masive amounts of questions... sat down to start and read thru / answer them ... and got a stroke or something.
    i know i would have.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - LE Weapon upgrades found in LE Alien missions becoming Yes-Drop in the next update. I think we can agree that this was not "fun". These items will now become part of the world economy where they probably always should have been.
    To elaborate a lil bit on this:

Does this mean ofab armour clumps too? Will the droprates of Ofab clumps (in general) increase? Currently the droprates aren't so hot.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Question: Where's Waldo?
    i R not spik engrish

Question

i got 2 really vast questions ...

Q1 : Can we hope to see the confluence of new engine, noob island revamp (eg : good tutorials ala EVE online) and some advertising campaign to bring new people (or make old come back) into AO ?

Q2 : Do you need active players to participate actively in this (tutorial ideas, community advertising in forums, twit/FB kind of sites, etc ...) as we all wanna see the game live on ?

anyway, thanx for keeping us informed, have a nice week end.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 6th, 2010 at 15:40:45. Reason: becuzz
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

also, dont know if this has been answered or told as im not currently able to get on test server

will there be support for two people to team and help with these quests? or will everyone have to do them either alone or in a full team?
    if not both get reward in a two person team then atleast being able to help kill whatever mobs to get the objective?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Hi Means. Is it posible to make NCU windows more user friendly? Example:

Current:
    Code:
    Name                                Type     Remain
    Greater Su****ious Death            Hostile  00:00:04
    Mongo Crush!                        Friendly 00:02:23
    Composite Attribute Boost (4 hours) Friendly 02:28:16
    Improved:
    Code:
    Name                                 Remain
    Greater Su****ious Death                    4
    Mongo Crush!                             2:23
    Composite Attribute Boost (4 hours)   2:28:16
    If you are interested you can find more in my suggestion: NCU windows and chats improvements
    Actually, to my eyes that makes it harder to read. But I do agree that there should be more customization available.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I have a question... On the rebalancing (gasp!).

Since there's been talk of the devs looking into and possibly adjusting things such as "attack and defense ratings that professions can reach", is there a possibility that currently existing items are going to get adjusted?

Read between the lines: Are armor sets that give +210 to several skills for any profession going to be changed
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

dunno man.. when they said that I got the sinking feeling it would be a ghostly CAP system... because it is easier to do.
    You know like how they made the "hidden" ar reduction post 1k.

There already are hidden caps... like on crit-reduction fex. 98% if one of the scripts on the forum is to be believed, my over 100% crit reduction ends up being 98%.

I checked other things and it does appear that there is alot of slight of hand that goes on behind the scenes..

like the occasion where Carlo can hit someone with 11K+ active DEF... every time through several trials.

I think that not everything applys all the time, hit a lag spike and pop an evade or coon and it does not go off but locks the perk anyways even appears in your NCU sometimes but is not taken into account server side.. anyone else recall that bug? I still see it from time to time.

I think the back-end has too much fudging already and should be torn back down to the basic system and rebuilt to be clear, concise, and consistant. I would love to see a huge stat-deflation occur in game at the same time removal of "punnishing" systems like "support post 1k AR" so that the general play field is more level between profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Q: How long till engine gets in test stage?
    I'd settle for what decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chereee View Post
    I'd settle for what decade.
    The engie looks real great! Alot of improvments compared to old engie, TIR loaded SO fast compared to old one! And the water and sky was just dead sexy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Alright, something i really would like to know is how it ORIGINALY was intended to spawn AC in s42, before you changed it
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast