Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Question 3: Any updates on disable xp gain actually disabling xp gain?
    On a related note there's an old issue with your XP pool when you have disable XP gains turned on. Any XP you would have regained from your pool when disable XP gains is turned on is still removed from your pool, it just doesn't get used for anything.

QUESTIONS :

1. Will keepers really be getting access to another weapon line? If so will the ip it takes to max the skill in the new weapon line be lowered? Melee energy is dark blue (it has been hinted by professional that's what it would be) would it be easy to make it light blue or even green and not mess up other stuff?

2. Will parry and riposte make it into game before profession re balancing does?

3. How is that new social armor coming along and when will it be in game?

4. Do you think its about time Keepers and Shades got access to 4 or 5 more perk points seeing as they were born in SL?

5. Will the story of whats inside the CoH mystery chests ever be revealed?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

When the LE types change to yesdrop, will they also change now so QL matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The daily mission offices are in a shadowlands zone.
    Actually there is a mission office in a SL zone (Jobe Harbour). Apparently there will be Clan and Omni ones (likely Neut too) based on RK. Images of what they'll look like were in a prior FMW. The SL one was just used in a Dark Ruins task which is why that's in game now while the others aren't. Then if that was the one you're referring to fr00bs can't get into any part of Jobe no matter what client they have. It has been stated often enough it will be available for fr00bs so clearly that wouldn't be the only one.

The whole will it be usable for SK question has been asked often enough before and I remember Means saying it will in the past already.

Question:

If the person doing the daily mission is 220 and is using the reward to work on research are they still going to be capped at the 5% of the current research rank as a max allowable xp/sk?

I have 3 toons that are 220 and have various amounts of research still to go. If the rank 10s are capped at 5% when completing a daily mission then I dont see it being as viable of a method for research (inferno easy would actually yield more % of the rank done).
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    When the LE types change to yesdrop, will they also change now so QL matters?
    QL matters now, it just has a very wide range. Currently you need a clump that is 15% the QL of the item. So a QL 45+ clump would be enough for QL 300 items.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Actually there is a mission office in a SL zone (Jobe Harbour). Apparently there will be Clan and Omni ones (likely Neut too) based on RK. Images of what they'll look like were in a prior FMW. The SL one was just used in a Dark Ruins task which is why that's in game now while the others aren't. Then if that was the one you're referring to fr00bs can't get into any part of Jobe no matter what client they have. It has been stated often enough it will be available for fr00bs so clearly that wouldn't be the only one.

The whole will it be usable for SK question has been asked often enough before and I remember Means saying it will in the past already.
    I'm referring specifically to the offices on RK as being SL zones, once you go in to the office it's technically an SL zone (even though it's in OA, this is probably to allow 201+ characters to get SK.)

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Are you able to give a tentative timeline for the next round of information to be released on the rebalancing?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - LE Weapon upgrades found in LE Alien missions becoming Yes-Drop in the next update. I think we can agree that this was not "fun". These items will now become part of the world economy where they probably always should have been.
    Can I have Ofab weapon/armors Yesdrop too? I'll like them to be part of the "economy" where by it is possible to hire a professional pvper to do BS for my weapon/armor, same like the LE nanos.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    I'm referring specifically to the offices on RK as being SL zones, once you go in to the office it's technically an SL zone (even though it's in OA, this is probably to allow 201+ characters to get SK.)
    Assuming it will work for SK due to that is sort of like assuming since Means said LE weapon upgrades will lose the nodrop tag the armour ones will too. Assumptions are the mother of all %*&! ups. I'll take an old reply from Means or another dev saying we'll be able to get SK from daily missions over such assumptions any day. Then until we are told it will be for all LE upgrades I'll go by what we were told which is that it will be for weapon ones, which means armour ones would still have the nodrop tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Can I have Ofab weapon/armors Yesdrop too? I'll like them to be part of the "economy" where by it is possible to hire a professional pvper to do BS for my weapon/armor, same like the LE nanos.
    Why do people not get that these weapons and armors are supposed to be rewards for PVPing in Battlestation? Why should these armors be buyable from other players?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Why do people not get that these weapons and armors are supposed to be rewards for PVPing in Battlestation?
    Why do people not get that they are a reward gainable via PvP not a reward for PvPing?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Question:

There have been hints the passed few months about more Research Lines. WILL there be more? And, Global or just Individual?

thx
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Teh Questions:
    1.what about newts in future ?
    2.what about promised storyline updates?
    3.will s42 be adjusted and instanced?
    4.will conceal be used instead of NR to counter aoe roots/nukes while sneaking?
    and lastly
    5.will AO New Engine (tm) be as bloody as AoC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Question 4 : Last but not least : who peed in Tarkan Zora's coffee ?
    i think that was Smurfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

in for question
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Are sloob MPs ever getting access to The Rihwen?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Why do people not get that these weapons and armors are supposed to be rewards for PVPing in Battlestation? Why should these armors be buyable from other players?
    From back to the LE pre-launch FAQs when VP was first referenced we were told VP would be gained through both PvP and PvM, not just PvP. The LE FAQs still in the LE forum say you should be able to gain your VP "perfectly well" without having to PvP if you choose not to. The upgrades that make them more effective are only gained through PvM. Most BSs never run and never have. They told us flat out they were increasing BS VP in the hopes of drawing more people to them before the first BS VP bump. So on and so forth.

They want people to play the char in question to get VP stuff and related which is why they've been going so nodrop happy, especially since LE. Although the PvP method for VP really hasn't been working out and some changes are long over due. Making the upgrade clumps, even if it's just the weapon ones will make that easier. Although then there's still the VP issue involved to get the base item to upgrade.

Then if you said that just to start the usual fight you really should behave better now that you have a trader professional forum tag.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    From back to the LE pre-launch FAQs when VP was first referenced we were told VP would be gained through both PvP and PvM, not just PvP.
    They changed their minds.
    Waiting for a cure.

QUESTIONS

1) Will we ever see proper weapons (or offenses for that matter) for tl4-5 ranged adventurers? Using a onehander shotgun, unsupported Full Auto pistol, and having no burst support+28 second burst recharge on peregrine are all terrible.

2) Will taunts in pvp (forcing attack) ever be an option?

3) Should all professions be equally useful in all areas of AO, or do you feel some professions should have advantages in some over others? Example: Enforcers would be a raid choice, Shades would be a solo profession choice, and Traders would be a pvp choice.

4) Can the Totemic Rights shade perkline be seperated as Spirit Phylactery is planned? Being forced to chain up through damage boosting perks so that you can heal does not seem appropriate.

5) Can I have some way of getting my level 1 trader in the 20-49 BS?

6) Why aren't there more MVM fights in AO? Omni fighting clan, unred fighting redeemed mobs, and other battles.

7) Any plans for a new Battlestation layout? Have been some good suggestions I think regarding possible "shortcuts" such as using existing cities (borealis, old athens) for a VR type simulation.

8) Do you feel enforcers being a tanking profession justifies them being the lowest damage dealing profession in AO? Before any comments from the trolls, this has been tested, and I just want to know if it is right for THE infantry profession to be without some sort of damage option.

9) Can someone using the Anarchist organization style have special rules regarding towers? Technically not being an org at all could give it more RP characteristics in the form of no City or Tower sites, but being immune to the 4 hour tower flag.

10) Can we expect any more PDF documentation and if so on which area of balancing?

Lots of questions, but I missed the last time you did this so I gotta make up for it Keep up the good work, can't wait till the balancing is actually over so people can stop whining about stats that will be completely irrelevant in the future.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast