Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

few questions i had that have not recieved any attention the past 5 or 6 times i asked.

1. is the additional char slots going to happen and if so is there an eta.

2. after the rk 3 trasfer will there be an ability to transfer toons between rk 1 and rk 2?

3. when are we going to see the new pets that was promised?

4. this was asked already but i am just as curious, eta on engine/rebalance?

5. there is a squirrel outside my window but i guess thats not really a question.
    Last edited by Cdogg421; Feb 6th, 2010 at 23:38:54.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Talking Means, PLEASE tell me this is going to be an option for RK1/2 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What happens if I have full slots on RK1/RK2?

The option will be to move your RK3 characters to a new account for a fee. The fee will include the transfer and three months of paid time. The fee will be less than three months of subscription time but an exact number has not been set in stone yet.

* How long will it take to transfer a character?

This process is likely to take up to 24 hours per character. The character will likely not be available on any server during this period.

Let me buy new accts and move characters to them PLOX!!!

I want to gief u more credz!!!
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

I have a question:

Can you give us a sneak peak at all the Afro Charcter heads next?
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Good to see you taking care of the most annoying stuff of the game.

I have three questions, I know I'm using a lot of tokens here but I keep wondering if there is progress :

Question 1 : We have been throwing plenty of ideas to have a clearer tutorial so the new players stop running to the left, along with a more engaging intro to have them hooked.
    We know you are working on this, but what are you thinking about and what is its place in the update plan ?

-----------------------------------------

Question 2 : Does this version of Dreamworld will allow you to ditch the launcher and have a login + announcement right in the game exe ?
    You said no last time but I believe it was on Ogre, and such system will help a LOT on link death, make login to AO less a hassle and bring it on par with recent games.

Question 3 : Is there work on the sound department ? It can also use a directx 9 makeup, with missing features back to the living, and perhaps music (new or not) in all the silent areas (like most interiors).

The reason I ask is when people see AO; the ones who doesn't complain on the graphic complain on the silence, and yet they say that this game ave the best music... when it plays.

Question 4 : Last but not least : who peed in Tarkan Zora's coffee ?
    Last edited by Boltgun; Feb 6th, 2010 at 00:27:51.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

1) will you make nanomage martial artist the best of the classes, since they are the hardest ones to get to 220 and since im the only one with one on rk2?

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Good to see you taking care of the most annoying stuff of the game.

I have three questions, I know I'm using a lot of tokens here but I keep wondering if there is progress :

Question 2 : Does this version of Dreamworld will allow you to ditch the launcher and have a login + announcement right in the game exe ?
    You said no last time but I believe it was on Ogre, and such system will help a LOT on link death, make login to AO less a hassle and bring it on par with recent games.
    I would think they could be able to do this as it works with AoC, basicly you have launcher which checks the upto-dateness and integrity of client and then the client which is used for login and such, not sure if it's priority but would be nice to have it eventualy...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thumbs up

Well one player happy here to see everything is going well...

As for the question:

- Where do you see this game in the future? Another year? Two? Or another eight years?

- What are you hoping to accomplish from Anarchy Online? (Aside from keeping your job of course, or having a nervous break down)

Thank you very much!
    I am a prisoner of death, only you can free me...

Question:

1. Anything on commanding Presence problem? Even just a "quick fix?"
    Crat360 -220|24|70 Bureaucrat
    Shutupntank 220|15|XX Doctor
    Litlebigman - 215|15|XX Martial Artist
    Zookeeeper -213|19|44 Keeper

General and Recruiter of Cosmic Forklift Inc.

Another week has flown by. Today we had a fun visit from a couple long time friends of AO. Macrosun and Kintaii preserved the team epeen by defeating them soundly in Rock Band...where we really should have been having meeting concerning the daily missions. We also went out for pizza...Macrosun and Kintaii somehow won at that too...I'm a little hazy on the rules on that one. MstrBstrd, who is allergic to everything, survived lunch so that was also a good thing. Either way it was great to get to spend some time with a couple of you to remind us again why we all work so hard on AO. An hour of fun every now and then is very refreshing.
    Does the Canadian office have as much fun? Probably closest place I could go harass

- Free players gaining access to organization headquarters.
    Always good! Maybe now we can hold meetings there

- LE Weapon upgrades found in LE Alien missions becoming Yes-Drop in the next update. I think we can agree that this was not "fun". These items will now become part of the world economy where they probably always should have been.
    As others have expressed, does this include armour types? Even as just weapon types that's a huge deal; orgs/people will be able to stock pile what they can't use instead of letting them rot for making Ofab a bit more useful.

Now if only we could get the Ofab in the first place...

- The "Shut down the terminal" mission to "target The Beast from a close distance CORRECTLY" now updates the entire raid on the death of The Beast...when the "terminal" is actually "turned off". (I actually fixed this one myself...it was very exciting!)
    When I reported the bug I didn't think you'd fix it yourself! What have I done!!!
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

One simple question:

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Question:

I have a couple of chars on Dim3 that I rarely play (being English & the language barrier being occasionaly painful), but I would like them transfered (probably with a name change as I duplicate).
    How long after the target date will I have to transfer them? I will be away around that date.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Great Work Guys....

Woohoo a reason to enter LE again *cough* for us that like to farm junk :P

Will you ever get around to stacking readily used ts'ing items? I started a thread sometime ago and it stimulated some good ideas on items to stack, take a look, wouldn't keeeel ya :P

Stack It!1!!1!

/bow
    /prostrate
    /rinse
    /repeat

Show us ts'er some ts'ing <3

Stig
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Will the new RK missions have rewards that are viable for 201+ charcters?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Will the new RK missions have rewards that are viable for 201+ charcters?
    The daily mission offices are in a shadowlands zone. So yes, you can get sk post 201, while it's still accessible by froobs, who just won't be able to stim or kt themselves in the office.

Which reminds me about the -000 weapons. Any chance these can get a fix soon or will it be more appropriate to work it into the rebalancing instead, since items are included

Q: Balance, what exactly is going on?

Q: Can you give the keeper community some more info when you plan keepers to be playable again?
    Last edited by haavarst; Feb 6th, 2010 at 01:31:30.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The daily mission offices are in a shadowlands zone. So yes, you can get sk post 201, while it's still accessible by froobs, who just won't be able to stim or kt themselves in the office.

Which reminds me about the -000 weapons. Any chance these can get a fix soon or will it be more appropriate to work it into the rebalancing instead, since items are included

Mission giving sk is all fair and well, the question still remains: will it be a viable way to do some leveling?
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Q: Seeing the numbers from new playfields (inc iPande) will you continue to move towards instances or is it possible we might see some new unique world-bosses again?
    Q: Do you plan to "fix" lowbie VP?
    Q: Will you change the ql requirements for LE clumps from 20% to 80%?
    Q: Do you consider fixing retarded city layouts?
    Q: What is your favourite colour?
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Mission giving sk is all fair and well, the question still remains: will it be a viable way to do some leveling?
    My personal hope is that it's a ding a day, even towards upper end of TL7. US times is just pure murder towards the night to get any teaming done unless you're very lucky, and that's JUST for Inferno teaming, not more specialized stuff like DB1/2, anything to do with LOX, and the like. Even at one a day it's still going to take 220 days to get 220, and probably another 30 or more to get LE 70 depending on how you want to make that happen. Perhaps have it be not unlike the Dark Ruins reward but have it give xyz single xp boost rewards based on what level range the character completing the mish is.

At a ding a day that would free more folks up to be willing to do stuff that isn't purely leveling based, like the aforementioned LOX, etc, so LFT isn't quite so much a graveyard.

Some questions for Means to consider:

Question 1: Can we have a lock on wear option please?

Question 2: What about updating the default planet maps for each region with Atlas of Rubi-Ka/Atlas of the Shadowlands or something of similar quality?

Question 3: Any updates on disable xp gain actually disabling xp gain?

Question 4: Since there have been concerns in the past about updating for the small & large clients, versus updating the large client only, plus the confusion when someone upgrades their froob account & neglects to download the large client before going through a jobe whompa, what about either setting up an ability for the small client to be converted into the large client &/or removing the small client?

Question 5: What toppings do you prefer on your pizza?
    Last edited by tazalanche; Feb 6th, 2010 at 01:52:09.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    My personal hope is that it's a ding a day, even towards upper end of TL7. US times is just pure murder towards the night to get any teaming done unless you're very lucky, and that's JUST for Inferno teaming, not more specialized stuff like DB1/2, anything to do with LOX, and the like. Even at one a day it's still going to take 220 days to get 220, and probably another 30 or more to get LE 70 depending on how you want to make that happen. Perhaps have it be not unlike the Dark Ruins reward but have it give xyz single xp boost rewards based on what level range the character completing the mish is.

At a ding a day that would free more folks up to be willing to do stuff that isn't purely leveling based, like the aforementioned LOX, etc, so LFT isn't quite so much a graveyard.

Yeah I agree with ya. Having daily missions actually being able to ding you daily, would be great for awkward timezones, as well as great supplement to doing regular missions/hecks(:x) would be a dream to shorten down the silly grind we have.

Crossing fingers

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast