Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    My suggestion would be to collect the best and most relevant guide from each of the profession forums and provide a link to the one matching the newbie's chosen profession. Being centered on a single profession, they tend to be much more concise and yet discuss equipment and skill options in more detail.
    FC could send a welcoming e-mail to each new account with links to stuff like aouniverse, auno, the forums, the key guides and one of each of the profession guides
    Beartime 132 Froob Advy
    Peacefulbear 220/21 Crat
    Bearcares 211/10 Doc

Squad Commander of Knights Of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuraz View Post
    Another question - With the new FX-E will there be a new sound engine so my logitech 5.1 can handle your sounds without crackles? But not for jsut me ofc, everyone else with awesome speakers too! :P
    The only time I find when my sound crackles is when I am duel logging. The noise crackle is your hardware performance.

Another question - With the new FX-E will there be a new sound engine so my logitech 5.1 can handle your sounds without crackles? But not for jsut me ofc, everyone else with awesome speakers too! :P
    Must be your hardware, nothing ever wrong with any of the different sound configurations I have had with AO. Course, I've never used a surround kit, but digital surround works just fine, even if AO has no support for it and I turned off sound long ago and packed the many speakers away because surround is so overrated...
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bear- View Post
    FC could send a welcoming e-mail to each new account with links to stuff like aouniverse, auno, the forums, the key guides and one of each of the profession guides
    Ao-universe is a pretty bad page to link people to from a company's side. It is basically one long spoiler that completely ruins every ounce of fun any encounter in the game could give you. Do this, do that. End. Course, having fun isn't what the forum people here seem to want, so maybe it's a good idea after all the super-spoiler the entire game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    The only time I find when my sound crackles is when I am duel logging. The noise crackle is your hardware performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Must be your hardware, nothing ever wrong with any of the different sound configurations I have had with AO. Course, I've never used a surround kit, but digital surround works just fine, even if AO has no support for it and I turned off sound long ago and packed the many speakers away because surround is so overrated...
    I'd agree with the others that replied to your post Lazuraz, that it is possibly something on your end. Since I started playing AO in 2004, I have played it on 6 different notebooks & 4 different desktops, with many of them hooked up to either a pc surround speaker set (a 5.1 Logitech Z series), or connected to one of two A/V receivers (5.1 Sony with Boston Acoustic speakers & a 7.1 Pioneer with Pinnacle speakers) & none have had any "crackle" issues... even when multilogged. However, when multilogged, I have the music turned off on all but my primary account. The rest of the sounds are on though.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I will own you with my 220 piercing NR8 Nanotechnician!
    I welcome the challenge.

... Are you seriously using a TestLive MOTD with highlighted typos as your signature? ...
    Oooo.... Means has "see signatures" enabled!
    *Goes off to brush up on subliminal messages 101.*
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

You all who replied to my post - I thought it wasn't just me but heeeyy whataya know! you were right. Nub fail

You all who replied to my post - I thought it wasn't just me but heeeyy whataya know! you were right. Nub fail
    Congratulations on the fix.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Ao-universe is a pretty bad page to link people to from a company's side. It is basically one long spoiler that completely ruins every ounce of fun any encounter in the game could give you. Do this, do that. End. Course, having fun isn't what the forum people here seem to want, so maybe it's a good idea after all the super-spoiler the entire game.
    True, but its the website I give people the link to the most And I really doubt anyone wants to find out all that stuff by themselves.
    Beartime 132 Froob Advy
    Peacefulbear 220/21 Crat
    Bearcares 211/10 Doc

Squad Commander of Knights Of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by -Bear- View Post
    True, but its the website I give people the link to the most And I really doubt anyone wants to find out all that stuff by themselves.
    The low level quests are easy enough to figure out without guides. AO-universe mostly comes handy (to me) in two cases: finding that thing I'm supposed to kill / tag and the quest gave no waypoint to, and figuring out what I want from an instance I'm visiting for the first time or rarely enough to not remember it by heart. The tradeskill guides are nice as well. Not that it's exactly a bad thing to link for newcomers, but hardly essential at the beginning either.

That's why you would rather point them towards the profession forums, new arrivals and knowledge database where the level of retardation is significantly lower than balance forum and server forum.
    The profession forums for most parts are dedicated to threads about how to use Combined dog-#¤%&er armor to equip Xan of Monkeys on an s10 twink.
    People there are generally helpfull imo. but the existing posts are very arcane to a beginner and for the last couple of months the "New Arrival" forum has been working on the subject of S10 and what would be a good tripple-log combo.

AO universe is by far the best way for a beginner to find out what *can* be done in AO. Picking guides at random is a great way of learning stuff and when you stall, something i did a lot as a beginner, some reading there will generally get you something to do that may lead you into the game again.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

If this has been answered previously i am sorry, i have not been able to find it....

"character name cleanup and wipe" will people with toons lvl 20+ on RK1/RK2 be able to change their names after the name wipe? or is this only for the players transferring?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tikvah00 View Post
    If this has been answered previously i am sorry, i have not been able to find it....

"character name cleanup and wipe" will people with toons lvl 20+ on RK1/RK2 be able to change their names after the name wipe? or is this only for the players transferring?

thanks
    If you lose your name because of the wipe or conflict with name from RK3 then you change it. If not, then you are stuck with your old name as usual. The transferring players are also stuck with their old names if they are not already taken on destination server. At least that is how I understood. Nobody gets to change their name just because they feel like it.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819