Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    fyi, "this decade" ends the 31 dec 2010 ...

no you have a challenge
    Nah you are thinking about it wrong, that would be like saying Year 1 was the end of the 9-1BC+ Year 0 decade. Decades end on the last day of the 9th year, otherwise you would start at 1, rather than .000001.

Riposte/Parry

I think we saw something about a reintroduction of Riposte/Parry a while back (a full IPR along with it *Tearful eyes*)
    As I can recall it, it was promised in the near future (Whatever that means).

Anything on this that you are able to give an eta on?

Ps. That IPR would make my year :P
    Welcome to the Internet. Where boys are boys,
    boys are men, and 14 year old girls are the FBI

sharing with the group on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush
    Question:

Since you are opening up new zones for Org cities in 4 new zones, are there any plans to add grid points to any of them, including the COT/COP ones?
    We should do this. I'll make sure it gets added to the "big list".

Cheers,

Colin "Means" Cragg
    w00t!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    1. Not really possible. Some changes we are looking at will affect all levels of play...some won't. With some of the low level builds that are possible I don't think reasonable balance is possible. That wouldn't be fun anyways.

2. Probably. Actually let's go with "Yes".

3. So tempting to make a politically incorrect joke here...I am fighting it. Cities are being looked at in this update...check yours on Test if it is a problem.

4. Sorry...too difficult.
    Re: #1, I think the question was "Do you plan on fixing lowbie VICTORY POINTS" not PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by madridd View Post
    Way back when game first came out there was a in game event where GMs were carrying a load of equipment or something from 4holes and trying to make it into the grid. Clan had to protect the shipment and omni had to try to stop it...I think. That was a ton of fun, until the zone crashed over and over and they decided to give up .

There was also a really cool in game event long ago in milky way that was some sort of mutant take over...everyone had to try to kill as many mutants as possible...teams were encouraged. Team with the most mutant kills got a prize and then also got access to the next stage of the event....IIRC.

Anyway stuff like this, esp. if there is some pvp involved would be a ton of fun.
    From how I take it after coming across a small one a month or so ago, events happen all the time. Just not on a large scale as they used to be so no one knows about them.

[ RP ON]

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/scrn0861.png
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/scrn0865.png
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/1349853c.png
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...7/ee8227ac.png

Juniata's parents were killed by some neutral smugglers and Vanguard Annstassia ask the citizens of Tir to help arrest them. Juniata lead us back to where she had escaped from, there we found Kinarrman and his group of smugglers. He tried to bribe us to let this issue slide and give little Juniata back for various.... needs. We couldn't stand for such an act. They resisting arrest so we killed all of them.

[ RP OFF ]

I remember running across an big event one time at the northern outpost in Tir (when that was actually the place to go to find teams) where prisoners were being transported ina huge carrier craft. Was so cool seeing something like that for the first time.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Means - I've seen you mention the GM Flaptoot in several of your FWM's.

Is his name supposed to mean 'ladyfarts' or is my mind playing tricks on me again?
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

What kind of events do you miss? We would like to know
    Back when I started playing AO, I remember occasional events with Aliens trying to "invade" Borealis, Athen or Rome or whatever places were chosen.

Leetzilla.... Awsome stuff...

Think I can remember a few more happenings with some big mean mob or a bunch of them showing up outta nowhere dishing out some random spanking, until enough people had assembled from all over RK and SL trying to beat this beast.

All in all I miss these totally random events that just came out of nowhere, tempting you to let go of whatever you were doing, to rush there and participate in whatever it was.

Surprise is the keyword I think. Does not really have to be all that spectacular.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Entventurer View Post
    Means - I've seen you mention the GM Flaptoot in several of your FWM's.

Is his name supposed to mean 'ladyfarts' or is my mind playing tricks on me again?
    Your mind is a "special place". I think it might be playing tricks on you on that one.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixdoc View Post
    I think we saw something about a reintroduction of Riposte/Parry a while back (a full IPR along with it *Tearful eyes*)
    As I can recall it, it was promised in the near future (Whatever that means).

Anything on this that you are able to give an eta on?
    Use the search, luke (and read the thread you'r posting to ): https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?p=5667844 https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?p=5726269

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

also, can we have a new dungeon for the level 100-150 crowd? pretty please? one that gives good exp, phat lewt and is pretty challenging for a team of 6 well-geard 150's? pretty please? oh and can we have it on RK and froob-friendly while still being viable to sloobs while i'm dreaming?

EDIT: and this has nothing at all to do with the fact that my 2 mains are locked at 100 and 150. nothing at all. <_< >_>
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Feb 11th, 2010 at 20:38:23.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    a wood-chuck would chuck as much wood a wood-chuck could chuck.
    or at least, it will be, if it ever stops "working as intended"

to means:
    1. should we expect rebalance in winter, spring, summer (not all these dates are for 2010, so no cheating ) or 12/21/12?
    2. will the hamsters ever be given a vacation?
    3. is a "what FC believes profs should be" document some time in the near future?
    4. will l33t nano be castable in BS after the 1hb perma-dead bug is resloved?
    5. how concrete is the current info on aim shot?

3. A new social armor set is coming in with the "Collector"instance. Same update as the Daily Missions.
    Well now I am curious about the "Collector" instance. Please tell me you are making it more like Pand where you have multiple bosses in areas and less like the one hit wonders of Mitarr, Vortexx and Elder Hall. In other words something you can get a group together and raid for longer then 10 minutes. If more info has already been posted about it I must of missed it.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

I'd also like some info or a link to already posted info about the collector instance. I can't remember having read anything about it previously. I remember having seen the name from somewhere so it has been mentioned before but I can't remember any specific info about it.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

i concure on the "more info aobut collector instance" thing

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    i concure on the "more info aobut collector instance" thing
    I blew up their space station, there are no more collectors left.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I blew up their space station, there are no more collectors left.
    wrong thread

1. will collector be excusivly social, or will there be other stuff?
    2. will collector drop old holiday stuff? (like panda mask)

One more question I want to ask ya Means:

[b]Any plans on making alternatives to leveling on Hecklers for the 40-70 and 90-130 stretches?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

meh.
    I get the feeling Means didn't even look at the threads I linked, and only replied about the pvm-part.
    Or he's an extremly fast reader.

20:56:11 - reply to Alternity.

20:57:33 - reply to me. (who posted the most important question of them all!!.. damn 207 twinks.. a huge part of the game is dead now because of them.)

20:58:18 - reply to Mekh.

<- adding another sadface here to demonstrate how seriously disappointed I am.
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

What kind of events do you miss? We would like to know
    Pvp-Events. We had in 2006 a very nice event on rk3. Omni vs Clan in a complete playfield (think it was the pf with 2ho in it), 2 gm's as bosses and every side had to kill the other boss. That was alot fun and i wish something equal.

An other thing was, that i tried to get some battlestation fun with people from rk1/2/3 on testlive. I tried to get some help from support, but they didn't helped.
    RK3
    Killerkatze7 - 220/30/70
    Rymar - 220/23/65

RK1
    Killercat7 - 220/30/70
    Eparee - 182/10/38

Quote Originally Posted by killercat7 View Post
    Pvp-Events. We had in 2006 a very nice event on rk3. Omni vs Clan in a complete playfield (think it was the pf with 2ho in it), 2 gm's as bosses and every side had to kill the other boss. That was alot fun and i wish something equal.
    That sounds awesome. WTB more of that.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast