Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I did not say it was a flawless answer, I even said IN my response that there are limited areas for it and that GTH is a strong nano and needs to be reworked.
    So you haven't put anything new into arguement -> your post was useless. Thank you ok.
    I just said how things are - GTH makes NT and doc unplayable.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Questions:

1) Will we have the option, when the new heads arrive, to get a free one-time head change?

2) Can the fr00bs enter the swimming pools at AI cities? (I'd test this but atm they can't even enter Org HQ's on testlive)

3) Any progress on putting back into rotation on the billboards around the planet all the old, cool stuff that used to be seen there (not talking about the 'Real' ads by Massively, but the stuff like CoT/Ark/Org billboards )

4) Will the new engine work on Windows 98? Haven't seen current 'system requirements' but I was running AO after the start of AI on a Win98 PC, and it does support DirectX 9.

5) Will the Daily missions include any AXP content for levels below 100?

6) Is the 'mentoring' system still progressing towards going live, or mothballed?

And a couple of suggestions which are already on often-bumped wishlists in the suggestions area. I bet someone as brilliant as Macrosun could knock them both out in a day.

1) The ability to create our own categories in the friends list..surely this isn't a difficult proposition!

2) The ability to save/restore a backpack layout template so we all don't burn out our eyes and wrists while organizing stuff, sapping our energy away from actual gameplay. I imagine this is even easier to do than the Friends list categories.
    0. So many questions...you greedy *¤*"#*!

1. No. Equal effort is being put into all models. If you don't like yours you can pay for the surgery clinic...it is not much...you should have to pay me 25M creds for answering this.

2. No. Swimming in AO pools is a premium only service. Actually there is a difference between HQ's and the other buildings we have taken advantage of to be able to allow Fr00b access to the HQs. Adding this functionality to Swimming Pool houses would be a lot more effort than it is really worth...in terms of what we could do instead. I am sorry for that as the Swimming Pool rooms are really really cool. (SUBSCRIBE SO YOU CAN SEE IT!!!)

3. Strange that they are missing. I've sent a mail on this one..we'll see what happens. EDIT: She already wrote me back to say they would try to get them back up..that was fast.

4. Though I am not the expert in this area...I doubt it. 98 is now 12 years old...ouch. That I remember looking forward to it with great exictement...also ouch.

5. Yes. Absolutely. I think there is a level 50-75 solo AXP mission. It might even be on TestLive already.

6. The mentoring system is still planned...but we are waiting for work from someone who doesn't work for me directly and can not be bribed, intimidated, cajoled or coerced. Dammit. They tell me "soon"...I tell you guys what they tell me...then we all wait....and I/we get to look stupid/inefficient. It isn't a great workflow but we are doing what we can.

Suggestions:

Those are all "Macrosun" stuff. Maybe on the first one...probably not on the second...I'm guessing here.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Question: Will anything happen to Borrow Reflect?

If so: What?
    Likely the same as with GTH..with some differences.

Borrow Reflect is likely to have it's severity on the target reduced...while likely offering the Trader the same benefit (up to a tbd capped value BELOW 100%). This is likely to function on more professions than just soldier (to broaden the usefulness of the nano...this is likely going to be the path for ALL nemesis nanos...usefull but not an overpowering aspect of an encounter...and not only situationally usefull on one profession.). Cooldown (ie: cant be cast again for 35 seconds) will likely be added to this to counter the "spam" factor and of course a decrease in duration to be consistent with all other pvp debuff effects.

Again..basic intentions but no firm detail right now.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    As already asked does this apply to armour upgrades too?

Always tried to get them to a char that could use them. When I didn't or couldn't do that it's a good thing I always stashed those away in packs rather than letting them rot or deleting them on the seemingly highly unlikely chance this would be done.

Questions
    1. 1. What can be gained through the daily missions? Will it be just XP/SK or can we get other things like AXP, VP, tokens, creds, faction and so on?
    2. 2. Any LE mission, BS or VP changes on the way?
    3. 3. More varied ways of getting VP you said was something you wanted to put in back in a FAQ in March 2009, next month is March 2010 and short of a "we're working on it" type response nothing has been said since.
    4. 4. Are those new cities being added flagged just for RK3 people? Then how big will they be, that is how many of those 112 cities will fit a large HQ?
    5. 5. Will working player shops through the mail system in instanced cities ever happen? From what I recall you did say something about the mail system allowing for other changes in the future, so if not that then what sort of changes?
    6. 6. Any chance of getting an exit button/portal after completing a team mission or dungeon so we don't have to run back out all the time?

Thanks for these FAQ threads, always a highlight.
    1. XP, SK and AXP (in that order) are the main focus of the first missions included in the daily mission system. PvP missions included in the first update will also offer bonus VP.
    2. The change of the clumps to be not "No-drop" and tightening up the ql of the tradeskill process (smaller compatible level range) should make it so this kind of mission is done at higher levels rather than done at level 160 by 220's. We should see some small adjustmet of the VP rate within those dungeons at some point soon-ish. I did say "small" so don't expect these missions to be a better source of VP than BS or other PvP missions...any increase is going make sure that the gap between LE missions and the BS in terms of VP/hour does not grow...but should shrink slightly.
    3. With the exception of adding the "bonus" items on the BS when your opponent dies there has not been much of an addition of "Different ways to gain VP" in the game this year. There are a great many things I'd hoped to get to..but hasn't quite been done. Almost too numerous to mention...it doesn't mean we will stop trying. I am hoping to get an "open" pvp area to gain VP in without a queue system at some point this spring.
    4. All of the cities will fit a large HQ. AT first these cities will only be open to Germans. Later they will be open to anyone...much like the cities on RK1/RK2 were only really available to RK1 and RK2 players before the transfer.
    5. The player shops inside instanced cities will not work. When the instance shuts down...functionally that playfield/city ceases to exist. (oversimplifying a bit). At some point it is possible we might cave in and move to a auction house type system...but this won't be happening soon.
    6. Probably a very good idea...though I guess the actions you already have for this function have too long cooldown or the price you pay for them is too high. We should look into this as there isn't much point/fun un running though an empty dungeon only to get to the exit. I'll think about it. This would also be kind of "Giving away Fixer stuff" as well...something to keep in mind...if you included Fixers in your teams you wouldn't really need this. Anyways..further thought and input needed...easy to implement-ish...but possibly not a perfect idea.

I'm sure you guys will tell me what you think
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Q1with obvious no as answer)
    Can I has "dshark" like Full Auto-AMEP for my engineer?
    Q2:
    Will engineer nanos requirements be looked into?

Q3:
    About new cities which will remain, will activity of target org play any role with lottery? I can see large amount of plot hoggers who will attack these (I included ;D)

Q4:
    Can I has(as eng) more dd?
    1. Nope.

2. Not a quick one. The problem with the engi requirements is that they were designed for players to "make a choice" in terms of what direction they were going to go with their characters. The problem is that it was left as "possible" to run with the best of all choices. "Cast the biggest buffs AND have the highest AR at the same time...all you have to do is swap out 12 pieces of gear and get 3 outside buffs!" with the game being played as it is it is now seen as "essential" to have "both". So yes...the requirements will likely be brought down to a level where swapping everything is not needed....but future significant additions to pets (for example) will require ON or OFF type choices that can not (with no amount of swapping) exist at the same time.

3. Probably...these are not new "farm cities".

4. Probably will happen..generally happens with ALL professions over time.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by imonlya View Post
    Question:

What year was it again?

Anyway, looking forward to try those missions out.

/imon
    1976...you have sideburns and terrible broad-striped flare pants. Your "High Karate" cologne smells GREAT! You think the BG's are COOL!

Careful walking in those platforms!

ps: Why are you asking me when I obviously don't know :P ?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Way back when they first said new heads were coming they said we'd be given the option to change to the new version of our head or keep the old one.
    Actually I have to backpedal on that one a leeetle....

There won't be an option to keep the old heads. The old heads won't fit the new bodies....and I don't want to give people the option of keeping some old-looking models in game purely for some kind of "I am a veteran n00b" epeen-start date kind of reason. With the quality of the work we are seeing in this area there is no real reason to hang on to the old models. For performance reasons there is also no reason to hang on to 380 extra heads (that won't look as good) for again purely sentimental reasons.

So again sorry...bye bye old heads. They won't fit, look good with the new world, or be good for performance...so they have to go.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    few questions i had that have not recieved any attention the past 5 or 6 times i asked.

1. is the additional char slots going to happen and if so is there an eta.

2. after the rk 3 trasfer will there be an ability to transfer toons between rk 1 and rk 2?

3. when are we going to see the new pets that was promised?

4. this was asked already but i am just as curious, eta on engine/rebalance?

5. there is a squirrel outside my window but i guess thats not really a question.
    1. No immediate plans for this.

2. Again..no immediate plans for this...especially before the release of the new engine.

3. With the rebalancing update...where other significant changes to professions are coming.

4. wut?

5. I put him there. Ceiling cat was busy.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by OfabRk2 View Post
    I have a question:

Can you give us a sneak peak at all the Afro Charcter heads next?
    We haven't asked them to do one of those yet. When we get them...of course we will show them.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Good to see you taking care of the most annoying stuff of the game.

I have three questions, I know I'm using a lot of tokens here but I keep wondering if there is progress :

Question 1 : We have been throwing plenty of ideas to have a clearer tutorial so the new players stop running to the left, along with a more engaging intro to have them hooked.
    We know you are working on this, but what are you thinking about and what is its place in the update plan ?

-----------------------------------------

Question 2 : Does this version of Dreamworld will allow you to ditch the launcher and have a login + announcement right in the game exe ?
    You said no last time but I believe it was on Ogre, and such system will help a LOT on link death, make login to AO less a hassle and bring it on par with recent games.

Question 3 : Is there work on the sound department ? It can also use a directx 9 makeup, with missing features back to the living, and perhaps music (new or not) in all the silent areas (like most interiors).

The reason I ask is when people see AO; the ones who doesn't complain on the graphic complain on the silence, and yet they say that this game ave the best music... when it plays.

Question 4 : Last but not least : who peed in Tarkan Zora's coffee ?

1. The new startup experience will be in before the new engine so it can be tested and "approved/IMPROVED" by the players before the launch of the new engine.

2. I don't really know...send Macrosun a PM about it. (He is going to yell at me for this...)

3. We have added some missing and new tracks in the last 6 months. It is likely we will add more new sound effects in the future. As to the AMOUNT of music that plays...I don't think it is too little or too much...it always felt about right to me. It would get old really fast if it played all the time...besides...we have AO radio stations like Gridstream...nothing we put in game could really match that. (another SHAMELESS plug..the very best kind)

4. I don't know...the story wiki is down at the moment :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by madman666 View Post
    1) will you make nanomage martial artist the best of the classes, since they are the hardest ones to get to 220 and since im the only one with one on rk2?
    I will own you with my 220 piercing NR8 Nanotechnician!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Pharroh View Post
    Well one player happy here to see everything is going well...

As for the question:

- Where do you see this game in the future? Another year? Two? Or another eight years?

- What are you hoping to accomplish from Anarchy Online? (Aside from keeping your job of course, or having a nervous break down)

Thank you very much!
    Whoa...I just had a Funcom job interview flashback....

I remember being surprised that "Marius Enge" was a real person...I thought it was a made up name/persona for the game.

In all seriousness at some point I should take the time to write up a more formal letter of what we are hoping to do in the future...more formal than these casual chats we have every week.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Crat360 View Post
    Question:

1. Anything on commanding Presence problem? Even just a "quick fix?"
    I think it was being looked into (by Metaing..I could be wrong here though)...though I'm not sure on what exactly has been done. I'd call him but he is likely sleeping at the moment.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Does the Canadian office have as much fun? Probably closest place I could go harass
    Apparently one of the render coders broke his leg IN the office...sounds like they must be having fun.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    One simple question:

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
    The man with the umbrella has no need of a hat.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Question:

I have a couple of chars on Dim3 that I rarely play (being English & the language barrier being occasionaly painful), but I would like them transfered (probably with a name change as I duplicate).
    How long after the target date will I have to transfer them? I will be away around that date.
    Months.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Stigward View Post
    Woohoo a reason to enter LE again *cough* for us that like to farm junk :P

Will you ever get around to stacking readily used ts'ing items? I started a thread sometime ago and it stimulated some good ideas on items to stack, take a look, wouldn't keeeel ya :P

Stack It!1!!1!

/bow
    /prostrate
    /rinse
    /repeat

Show us ts'er some ts'ing <3

Stig
    I'm not sure...but there might be a reason for the "Not stacking" thing. I suspect you could use entire stacks at once by mistake...but I might be wrong on that one. Either way we should try and look into it at some point.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Will the new RK missions have rewards that are viable for 201+ charcters?
    Yes.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post
    Q: Balance, what exactly is going on?

Q: Can you give the keeper community some more info when you plan keepers to be playable again?
    "Playable again"...oh come on. Are you seriously using a TestLive MOTD with highlighted typos as your signature? What would Test environments be without spelling mistakes?

This is like one of those "when are you going to stop beating your wife" questions.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Mission giving sk is all fair and well, the question still remains: will it be a viable way to do some leveling?
    A single mission will give very good progress you don't want to skip...every day.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast