Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meta's in pvp

Audiatur et altera pars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Also an argumentum ad hominem: you are the 170 twinked Enforcer that's crying about TL5 MPs being an overpowered profession.
    Eeeee, where? I find tl5 MPs to be one of the most balanced tl5 professions atm. The annoying part are unremovable debuffs that dont disappear even with BS starts so you can have one debuff for 2 battlestations but i hope that virus scanners will start to work as they are supposed to. With AS and perks change your def will be even better than it is today. As it is not that bad today, it may be even good after the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I don't think you're in the position to judge MP defenses when you can't even kill one now.
    My enf has no weapons atm so you are more or less correct. But my NT has a cybordeck on and most likely could keel an ev0l MP with 3 buttons. I kinda miss the point tho.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Feb 9th, 2010 at 12:02:32.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    its been said that it wont be low enough to effect solds with AMS5 and ofab back, which is 87% reflects. thats been stated, but no nothing has been said about if its across all.
    By who? Soldier professional? AFAIK, FC only stated that the cap will be below 100% (obviously), will affect all professions and will be applied to stacked reflects+DtN. With 1 exception tho, NS.
    blah

Agree with what Lupusceleri posted pretty much.

Don't think we are a prof that should be able to see sneaked agents or pop them outa sneak....But i do believe AOE stuff should check NR and pop people outa sneak. Give agents and shades faster speed in sneak to compensate.

End game bow mp pvp at the moment is not very good, to many nerfs which people dont realise effect us, self proccing was the start and took away our moment of glory with other things like the Attunement Device's which helped most other prof's...but you cant really use as a bow mp.

Blockers gone = free kill for all...as it pretty much is anyways

This dmg to pet or what ever new def will 100% have to be static.

Did a test with hobb's( a enf) the other night and he out heals the green blob(double perked etc) by mongo/sit...so if AS is really going in the bin the pet would need some serious offense increase :/
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    By who? Soldier professional? AFAIK, FC only stated that the cap will be below 100% (obviously), will affect all professions and will be applied to stacked reflects+DtN. With 1 exception tho, NS.
    so where in here suggests that the SoZ is going to be nerfed, reflects wise?
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

so where in here suggests that the SoZ is going to be nerfed, reflects wise?
    TBH, AAD nerf on NR checking perks is good enough. I will be able to perk them, if I chose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9003 View Post
    TBH, AAD nerf on NR checking perks is good enough. I will be able to perk them, if I chose to.
    exactly, i think the AAD change will help MPs more then harm them... it will open up a small hole on SoZ MPs but open up holes on mostly every1 else for mps to use as well
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

exactly, i think the AAD change will help MPs more then harm them... it will open up a small hole on SoZ MPs but open up holes on mostly every1 else for mps to use as well
    Good, I see nothing wrong with it. We only have to get perks that can actually dent someone's HP now.

Good, I see nothing wrong with it. We only have to get perks that can actually dent someone's HP now.
    Living long enough to use perks wouldnt be bad either
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    Living long enough to use perks wouldnt be bad either
    With the new damage to pet concept they're working on, that might give MPs the durability needed to get those perks off.

As for the perks doing damage, look at the perk documentation regarding Starfall. The damage will scale with level instead of perks trained now. On top of that, at 220 instead of having one really crappy hit (Combust), one so-so hit (Thermal Detonation) and one good hit (Supernova), all 3 damage perks are solid, taking a slight nerf to Supernova to put the other two at solid damage ranges. I can't really complain.

Can you say if this damage to pet is constant? dmg to pet as just an emergency short term perk would be near worhtless.
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    With the new damage to pet concept they're working on, that might give MPs the durability needed to get those perks off.

As for the perks doing damage, look at the perk documentation regarding Starfall. The damage will scale with level instead of perks trained now. On top of that, at 220 instead of having one really crappy hit (Combust), one so-so hit (Thermal Detonation) and one good hit (Supernova), all 3 damage perks are solid, taking a slight nerf to Supernova to put the other two at solid damage ranges. I can't really complain.
    It would be great if they also scaled with amount of nano damage % boost you have. Now, that would open a few spots for some new setups.

better healpet (with maybe AOE heals ? )
    a actualy working mezz pet
    better nukes

and maybe a higher type of dominates

( remove shutdown and nanoskill drains from traders... thats the mp's job)

plox.
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

It would be great if they also scaled with amount of nano damage % boost you have. Now, that would open a few spots for some new setups.
    IIRC they used to do that and then around the time of Nanobot Shielding that stopped working...something about 250% nanodamage and Starfall probably making the developers nervous about 30k Supernova nukes..would be less on Supernova but LOADS more overall if implemented now, though I should poke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Same could be said of SS too though, that it was a crutch that was keeping the MP from being able to do anything in combat.
    I'm Agree with it. When I'm pvping by my MP I use SS in critical situations only, becouse possabolity to debuff more preferable than survivability from SS.

AS nerf will Nerf our pvp dmg hardly. So i would not like new changes to, becouse we havent alternative to AS weapon. Shild is not a weapon, it's a pise of ****.

Sombody suppose that FC will make our pets useble in pvp ........ nonsence. Pets will not be useful until exist possability to kite them ore evade pet dmg.
    Last edited by Alceona; Feb 14th, 2010 at 20:38:22.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Quote Originally Posted by X-Styx-X View Post
    better healpet (with maybe AOE heals ? )
    a actualy working mezz pet
    better nukes

and maybe a higher type of dominates

( remove shutdown and nanoskill drains from traders... thats the mp's job)

plox.
    YAA! why should traders have better nano drains than MPs? If we can give it to them we should be able to take it back. And better mezz pets that work would be great. Nukes couldnt hurt I mean we only have 5 that does CRAP damage in pvp. 856 nano damage BAHH. And a heal pet that actualy HEALED! is something we need also

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12