Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 29th, 2010 - Explosive database

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    I'm ****ing leaving this game, I'm tired of how lazy you people are, instead of doing the things right, you always go with that shameful response of yours: "Working as intended". The skill system is there for a purpose, the counter to concealment is perception, not nano resist, you morons, you're pissing the community off with your laziness.

Yeah, and if you dare moderate this message, just because I'm not licking Menas' balls, I will ****ing cancel my account right away. If this isn't the place for real feedback between players and the Game Director then where?
    NEEEERRRRRRRRDRAAAAAAAAAAGE!!

LOL. Bye then.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Hm...Death Loops..that'd be a nice black metal/industrial band name, wouldn't it?
    Dunno about band, but it would be an absolutely awesome cereal!

Nice to see some progress is being made on the engine update. Any possible guesses on when it might be released? I'd assume we're talking about another 6 months minimum, but it'd be nice to know if it's atleast planned for sometime this year or sometime in the year 2030.

Means,

Thanks for the response to my question. Actually posting it in Docaholic's thread was a nice touch.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I'm ****ing leaving this game, I'm tired of how lazy you people are, instead of doing the things right, you always go with that shameful response of yours: "Working as intended". The skill system is there for a purpose, the counter to concealment is perception, not nano resist, you morons, you're pissing the community off with your laziness.

Yeah, and if you dare moderate this message, just because I'm not licking Menas' balls, I will ****ing cancel my account right away. If this isn't the place for real feedback between players and the Game Director then where?
    So leave already and stop your whining

Cut them some slack cause Means is tryign to do the near impossable and fix Gaute's screwups
    Last edited by Labhaoise; Jan 29th, 2010 at 21:19:10.

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. And no, what you're posting is not "real feedback".
    ಠ_ಠ

The skill system is there for a purpose
    Yes it is, and the counter for AoE nano attacks is Nano Resist.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...It should also be noted that these AOE nanos are not going to be "spammable" as they are now. AOE effects will have a cooldown...
    Wouldn't that mess with some PVM encounters? Like the informant part of DB quest?

I love how each time there isn't anything new to show on Friday, it turns out there was some horrible completely unexpected disaster at the office.

At least get creative, say, for next week, Macrosun could have a little unexpected accident while performing a show with a flaming Hula hoop.

its funny how the same people that complain about game population won't hesitate to say good riddance to another player, regardless of opinions and emo nerd rage, there are other things that can be said to someone frustrated with the game besides aggressive comments encouraging them to leave.
    Part of the population problem lies with the ******* of a community we have.
    whether you agree or disagree on these forums doesn't mean that customer retention isn't an issue that we can all be responsible for by being understanding and maybe even polite in the face of rudeness.
    I've been told to go play another game when I simply made a suggestion in the forum.
    For example:

When I suggested a death match pvp arena I was told to go play an FPS.
    is this really constructive?

Do you often use abusive language and take on an air of superiority in the interest of honesty?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    At least get creative, say, for next week, Macrosun could have a little unexpected accident while performing a show with a flaming Hula hoop.
    Last time Macro had anything flaming near his desk Mean's teletubby suit caught on fire and had to get sent back out to teletubby land via horse to get fixed. The whole ordeal would have been slightly amusing if it wasn't for the fact that the only thing Means was wearing was the teletubby suit.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayah View Post
    there are other things that can be said to someone frustrated with the game besides aggressive comments encouraging them to leave.
    Part of the population problem lies with the ******* of a community we have.
    Take a look at Tlatoani's post. He comes out with both guns blazing, emo turned up to 11, unprovoked, threatening to quit because he doesn't like a game mechanic. Population problems or not, we can do without that kind of garbage.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ganiscol View Post
    dont let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out. And no, what you're posting is not "real feedback".

So bye-bye, miss american pie.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    German Character Transfer

.... nice stuff ...

This week

... happens ...

Engine Variety

Work of course continued this week on the engine...this week CLOTHING/ARMOR seems to be in and complete. This seems to be almost the last (crosses fingers) of the integration work...everything that "should" be there is now actually there. SO some work began this week in the OPTIMIZATION phase of this little project.

It was discovered that in the conversion process between using AO ground and using DreamWorld/Cheetah ground that the ground file increases a bit on the way. Up to about 290 Megs PER PLAYFIELD. As AO has about 100ish playfields at this point I required a new pair of shorts and smelling salt noseplugs. The coders managed to get this down to 8-32 Megs by the end of the week...so the sky is no longer falling...and I'm sure they can make it even smaller as we go.

The clothing looks better...less pixelation of textures as you "move" away from the character either with the camera or with your character...was nice to see those smooth edges.

Meetings occurred for arranging for the full production of the new heads by the Chinese office...I am amazed at the level of quality produced by their team. Astounded is a good word. I can't actually remember at this point if we showed you the test head they did for us of the Atrox...they are currently reworking one of the Nanomage heads to futher estimate timelines..when we get that I will post it here. Damn are they good. I'm really excited about it. Our artist Flaptoot is even more excited about it as he will likely get to spend some time in the Chinese office during the process..as a martial arts afficianado he is looking forward to practising his art in the parks in the morning with the locals before going to work. I'd love to go myself but unfortunately he'll do a better job with ensuring the heads are as amazing as they should be...and I know what generally happens when I leave the office.

Questions from last week

... ok for me ...
    Faster, Faster, Faaaster!!! j/k

Nice FwM, thank you!

PS
    ETA?

Froobs being able to enter some AI buildings is one of those things I desperately want to get done...but never seem to find the time to get to.

Yes.."Death Loop" would be an awesome name for a Funcom Staff only death metal band. If I had any talent at all I would love to do that (the ability to sing without causing internal injuries in others would be a plus). The previous lead designer before me went on to be the bassist in a band called the Trash Can Darlings...I don't think the band still performs but they were a lot of fun to see live.
    Means, I was under the impression that causing internal injuries in others was sort of the point of most Death Metal concerts, whether done by mosh pit, standing too close to the speakers that stand taller than you do, or attending the wrong band (think Metalocalypse's Dethklok or Gwar, for instance), almost all of which usually result in some sort of internal injury of some sort. That it would be sonically induced by the lead singer would just be taking the medium of pain into a new direction, which probably would bring needed freshness to the genre, likely somewhat bored of the same old internal injuries and hospital visits!

Questions from last week

People being brought out of sneak by AOE effects. Yes this is intended. If you resist the nano you will NOT be exposed. There will no longer be a "message" when you appear or disappear that will notify everyone in the area of your presence. It should also be noted that these AOE nanos are not going to be "spammable" as they are now. AOE effects will have a cooldown...so randomly spamming these tools will not be as efficient a way to detect hidden players as it is now. Either way...any hostile effects that hit you in sneak will likely continue to expose your position in the future. Players concealing will have to watch out for AOE professions as much as they have to watch out for concealed players...the advantage is still on the side of the concealers. Please check out test to try out the new conceal code..looks pretty good.
    What about /pet hunt? I can has make my Rihwen sniff the air for some pesky little agent? It would be nice to introduce at least some /pet sniff action, on a cool-down of course.
    Last edited by Klod9001; Jan 29th, 2010 at 22:06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Means, I was under the impression that causing internal injuries in others was sort of the point of most Death Metal concerts, whether done by mosh pit, standing too close to the speakers that stand taller than you do, or attending the wrong band (think Metalocalypse's Dethklok or Gwar, for instance), almost all of which usually result in some sort of internal injury of some sort. That it would be sonically induced by the lead singer would just be taking the medium of pain into a new direction, which probably would bring needed freshness to the genre, likely somewhat bored of the same old internal injuries and hospital visits!

There is a certain Swedish death/black metal band vocalist, who cuts himself every concert. He stated in an interview that he did so in the hopes that people would either follow him right then or there, or when they got home.
    His goal was to get people to kill themselves, sort of mentally damaged if you ask me but each to ones own.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Ditch the 'Small' client. Causes more trouble than good for n00bies.

'nough said

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast