Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When your prof is underpowered, what do you do?

Hmm i have an idea. Maybe McKnuckles keepur could meet with Gatestars ranged advy at Newland hill and do a duel to determine who is the worst pvper ever?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Hmm i have an idea. Maybe McKnuckles keepur could meet with Gatestars ranged advy at Newland hill and do a duel to determine who is the worst pvper ever?
    Pre-selling tickets for 500k. Get yours while they're available!

P.S.

I love this thread! "My prof is underpowered" and the reasoning???? "I can't kill Advys." Such lulz day after day after day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    I love this thread! "My prof is underpowered" and the reasoning???? "I can't kill Advys." Such lulz day after day after day.
    Not to forget we also have advy now crying in this thread how he is actually the nerfest instead.

Also WTB that match, im willing to pay 500k to see it!

Rebalancing the game around TL5 keepers would be the smartest move ever.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I saw this thread, and Gatester's claims TL5 ranged advy is the nerfest prof (or near-nerfest anyway), and FACEPALMED
    Please quote me where I said that, or apologize for lieing and putting words in my mouth. I will only give you the option of one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Nah tl5 ranged advs are the nerfest.
    Please quote me where I said that, or apologize for lieing and putting words in my mouth. I will only give you the option of one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Please quote me where I said ranged advy was the worst pvp prof, or apologize for lieing and putting words in my mouth. I will only give you the option of one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ani View Post
    Not to forget we also have advy now crying in this thread how he is actually the nerfest instead.

Also WTB that match, im willing to pay 500k to see it!

So what do I have to do here? Shall I quote where I said ranged advy has the 2nd or 3rd best defense at tl5? No, apparently that is not enough. Should I try to make you understand that just because a prof excels in one area, he may not in the other? No, it seems you dumbasses cannot seperate words in a sentence and use basic comprehension.

Since most of you can't argue against me you have resorted to slander, lieing, and trying to bring my name and character down. If that is the best you can do then, well it sucks for me but just makes you guys morons. I'll give you one more challenge, which again you will ignore but hell maybe you will get dumb enough to lie some more.

With all of you too dumb to seperate defense and offense, hypothetically (this is where you pretend things) give every tl5 profession the EXACT same defensive abilities as my ranged adventurer. Now take a look at how they do offensively and how my advy does offensively.

I know it is hard to understand how using tl3 weapons, no stuns, no debuffs, no evade reducer, no nukes sucks, but give it a shot when everyone also survives as well as my adventurer. If you cannot prove me wrong without simply trying to troll with character attacks, then perhaps I really am better and smarter than you guys and thats what is really pissing you off?

pretty serious ubertrolling going on here.

Gatester, I don't take kopecks and crew srsly. they such nabs, I've never seen them quote soemthing and make a reliably accurate comment or bring any insight to a discussion other than: *nelson laugh* and point fingers.

I don't usually give them the benefit of an in depth response.

Yet, the main point of this thread still stands, which has not yet been disproved.

No one has yet provided a good answer to WHAT to do when your prof is UP, EXCEPT that it's possibly a reasonable idea to come whine on forums... which is what we're doing.

So, we're using the suggested avenue of discussion, and those nabs can't bring anythign to the table, which is why they 1. are trollls, 2. usually have their posts removed.

No skin off my back. I just wish they were more articulate so reading was pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post

Sure:

The first part will be to explain my experience with the most underpowered of tl5 professions, ranged adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Yet, the main point of this thread still stands, which has not yet been disproved.

No one has yet provided a good answer to WHAT to do when your prof is UP, EXCEPT that it's possibly a reasonable idea to come whine on forums...
    Yet you still don't seem to grasp the fact that your prof is not underpowered, just average, likely a bit above, even.

The underpowered professions are the ones you don't ever see on the battlestation. They are the ones nobody bothers twinking.

You constantly pair yourself with the most overpowered profession in some attempt to pass for nerfest profession. Yet you just don't get how ridiculous that makes all this. So advies beat you. Congratulations, you've figured out that adventurers are horribly overpowered due to their combined defenses of coon, acro, good passive evades and great heals, all of which is paired with above average offensive power.

Keepers need adjustments for PvP, true. They, along with shades suffer from the inherent design flaw of the perk system, in that it's not designed for PvP. The perk system of keepers and shades simply needs revising, as much as CC and healing need a proper PvP revision. Yet no profession should be adjusted with the adventurer template in mind. It would make PvP an even bigger joke than it already is.

Once again, all together:

Keepers are not now, nor have they ever been, the nerfest prof.

Remember when that had somewhat meme status? Back when Kazbah was literally raping and pillaging entire towns like an overgrown neutered viking. (Not much raping then, really)

I think that's what really the case here... the same reason why soldiers are cyring so much these days.. they lost their ability to instantly wtfpwn the majority of players and think they''ve been nerfed. Heh. People roll soldiers and keepers, twink them, and are then surprised when people don't die at the mere sight of them The soldier forum: the only forum where people think something is wrong if their alpha only reduces someone to 20-40% of their health...

Take it from someone who has always played professions that are simply incapable of killing certain other professions, who's always been on the recieving end of the oh-so-skilled MR+reaver instasplats, and, more recently, the joy of dying a few seconds after a NT sees you:

1. Team up
    2. Run away from certain professions, run like hell and don't turn back, or:
    3. Go for them anyway, hope you get lucky
    4. Have fun
    5. Team up
    6. Go for the ones you -can- kill, and kill them hard, fast and over and over and over
    7. Team up
    8. Reroll if you don't like the way your profession plays in PvP. And when I say reroll, I don't mean reroll the profession that is the current FoTM (or, in the case of advies, flavour of the decade -.-). Reroll a totally different profession. Don't like your keeper? Well, I can't stomach them myself... found them to be utterly boring. Try a crat instead: best choice I ever made. He sucks compared to my advy, never alphas anyone, but is the best fun I ever had. Loosing on my crat is more fun than winning on advy ever was Don't like the crat? Try a doc. Or whatever you fancy. Perhaps keeper just isn't the prof for you.
    Don't roll a profession because you think you'll instapwn the entire BS. Roll a profession because you enjoy playing it.

PvP was so much more fun in the days of city PvP. Ganking > BS
    Last edited by crattey; Jan 28th, 2010 at 00:36:45.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Keepers need adjustments for PvP, true. They, along with shades suffer from the inherent design flaw of the perk system, in that it's not designed for PvP. The perk system of keepers and shades simply needs revising, as much as CC and healing need a proper PvP revision. Yet no profession should be adjusted with the adventurer template in mind. It would make PvP an even bigger joke than it already is.
    if every prof was changed with the advy template in mind it would be balanced, but it would also only take a shade and a semi afk doc to take down beast.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Sure:
    Underpowered is not nerfest. No wonder you fail so hard

Nice try but, no, being too dumb to understand what I said does not mean that is what I did say. I can quote where I said Shade is the nerfest, exactly, if you would like?

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    if every prof was changed with the advy template in mind it would be balanced, but it would also only take a shade and a semi afk doc to take down beast.
    Isn't that the current ranged advy mantra? "They started balancing with us, now the rest just need to be balanced to catch up to us"

I think we can all see the flaw there

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester
    The first part will be to explain my experience with the most underpowered of tl5 professions, ranged adventurer.
    Underpowered is not nerfest.
    Potato, po-tah-to.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Underpowered is not nerfest. No wonder you fail so hard

Nice try but, no, being too dumb to understand what I said does not mean that is what I did say. I can quote where I said Shade is the nerfest, exactly, if you would like?
    Loool awrighty then. Lay off teh crack pls.

Yet you still don't seem to grasp the fact that your prof is not underpowered, just average, likely a bit above, even.

You constantly pair yourself with the most overpowered profession in some attempt to pass for nerfest profession. Yet you just don't get how ridiculous that makes all this. So advies beat you. Congratulations, you've figured out that adventurers are horribly overpowered due to their combined defenses of coon, acro, good passive evades and great heals, all of which is paired with above average offensive power.

Once again, all together:

Keepers are not now, nor have they ever been, the nerfest prof.
    This is /thread win.

In all seriousness though McKnuckle; people don't like your threads because in
    EVERY

SINGLE

ONE

you compare your keeper to advys or try to get advys nerfed or try to make your keeper the new advy. Enough is freakin enough already. We get the point after umpteen threads on the subject. Go to your Professionals and ask for stuff in the KEEPER FORUMS.

You want a real suggestion? I posted one in your other current thread. I'll post it here as well:

Maybe Keepers should be asking for access to Brawler?
    Last edited by Kopecz; Jan 28th, 2010 at 02:19:24.

This is /thread win.

I don't like your threads because in
    EVERY

SINGLE

ONE

you compare your keeper to advys or try to get advys nerfed
    fixed. And yes, I want to kill advies. It's my sole purpose. Got a problem with it? don't roll advy, I'll be after you. and If I can't kill you in game, I'll take it to the forums.

Still got aproblem with it? don't come to my threads. Free will man! use it or lose it!

*****A LOT OF REALLY GOOD POINTS*****

1. Team up
    2. Run away from certain professions, run like hell and don't turn back, or:
    3. Go for them anyway, hope you get lucky
    4. Have fun
    5. Team up
    6. Go for the ones you -can- kill, and kill them hard, fast and over and over and over
    7. Team up
    8. Reroll if you don't like the way your profession plays in PvP. And when I say
    Great post crattey. Totally agree with almost all your points.
    I must remind you though, that:
    1. I've never said "my prof is the nerfest"
    2. I've only ever compared keepers to enforcers, MA's, Shades and advies (we are all infantry profs)
    3. I've only asked for nerfs on: coon+acro (everyone asks for this), nerfs on Advy having CH (it IS getting nerfed, so thats obviously a general opinion), and, I've only stated that MY profs primary weapon perk line is inadequate, which is well argued in another thread of mine, but, I'll re-iterate quickly: Enfs have access to reaver but don't use it, therefore it is a nerfed line.

And, to make sure nobody thinks I'm crazy:
    1. keepers are not the NERFEST prof.
    2. I wtf pwn so hard in BS that most people run or die.
    3. It usually takes three people to take me down if OSB'd, and rarely, RARELY does it happen that I fall before taking down at least one opponent.
    4. 1,2,3 are completely moot points if troxybullets or any advy in notucomm and wolf form, any advy wearing SSoS and 6+ pieces of 200+ CM/CC, any advy who knows how to use his toolset, are the opponents.

5. a. The things I've tried to make exceptionally clear is that Keepers CANNOT fight advies and EVER expect to win. <-- is my main beef.
    b. Keepers cannot fight equally twinked enforcers and win.
    c. Keepers cannot fight equally twinked solds and win.
    d. keepers cannot fight equally twinked MA's and win.

That is 4 profs whom we need relative strength against in order for balance to prevail. If solds were the only ones on that list, I'd say fine. I have NO PROBLEM being weak against solds. We are weak against ranged. That is the toolset. But, I don't want to have not enough damage mitigation or lack of healing that we lose to MA's, advies and Enforcers. That is garbage. And that is why I say that I want keepers to get some adjustments.

And yes, I want to kill advies. It's my sole purpose. Got a problem with it? don't roll advy, I'll be after you. and If I can't kill you in game, I'll take it to the forums.

Still got aproblem with it? don't come to my threads. Free will man! use it or lose it!
    So this is really just another nerf advys thread and you don't really want improvements at all because you can
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich
    wtf pwn so hard in BS that most people run or die.
    and when you can't do that to 1 particular prof that everyone has trouble killing you have to whine about it again and again and again and when suggestions are offered like ... oh i don't know ... ask for a group perkline w/ some stuns that you might find useful it's not enough for you because you ARE NOT EQUAL TO ADVENTURERS.

Think i summed up this thread pretty well now.

Great post crattey.
    I know, right? Aren't you glad my ban got lifted?

Totally agree with almost all your points.
    Then you're almost totally right.

I must remind you though, that:
    1. I've never said "my prof is the nerfest"
    2. I've only ever compared keepers to enforcers, MA's, Shades and advies (we are all infantry profs)
    3. I've only asked for nerfs on: coon+acro (everyone asks for this), nerfs on Advy having CH (it IS getting nerfed, so thats obviously a general opinion), and, I've only stated that MY profs primary weapon perk line is inadequate, which is well argued in another thread of mine, but, I'll re-iterate quickly: Enfs have access to reaver but don't use it, therefore it is a nerfed line.
    1. That's oldskool reference. Used to be a great joke when anyone ever complained about keepers. Back in the day they were a pianoperking steamroller.
    2. The infantry/support/artillery/extermination/control tossup always fails. Hard. The difference between advies, MAs, keepers and enforcers are enourmous. You can't make such an easy comparison.
    3. Actually just made some post on how incredibly shortsighted that reasoning is in that other whine thread

And, to make sure nobody thinks I'm crazy:
    1. keepers are not the NERFEST prof.
    2. I wtf pwn so hard in BS that most people run or die.
    3. It usually takes three people to take me down if OSB'd, and rarely, RARELY does it happen that I fall before taking down at least one opponent.
    4. 1,2,3 are completely moot points if troxybullets or any advy in notucomm and wolf form, any advy wearing SSoS and 6+ pieces of 200+ CM/CC, any advy who knows how to use his toolset, are the opponents.

5. a. The things I've tried to make exceptionally clear is that Keepers CANNOT fight advies and EVER expect to win. <-- is my main beef.
    b. Keepers cannot fight equally twinked enforcers and win.
    c. Keepers cannot fight equally twinked solds and win.
    d. keepers cannot fight equally twinked MA's and win.

That is 4 profs whom we need relative strength against in order for balance to prevail. If solds were the only ones on that list, I'd say fine. I have NO PROBLEM being weak against solds. We are weak against ranged. That is the toolset. But, I don't want to have not enough damage mitigation or lack of healing that we lose to MA's, advies and Enforcers. That is garbage. And that is why I say that I want keepers to get some adjustments.
    How on earth can you end your post like that when you just made the comment you did at #2?

If there's only a few profs you struggle with, it means you're well, well above average.

Keepers are fine.
    Advies need to be toned down a lot.
    Some profs need to be boosted.
    The perk system needs to be revised, along with healing and CC. none of them are designed for PvP.

That's it, really.

You're not supposed to win every fight. In an MMO there's always some degree of rock/paper/scissors. And yes, advies are all three of them at once. We know. Everyone knows. Except Gatester. He's special, though.

You're not supposed to win every fight. In an MMO there's always some degree of rock/paper/scissors. And yes, advies are all three of them at once. We know. Everyone knows. Except Gatester. He's special, though.
    It is seriously not ****ing funny anymore.

If you can't get over something I said days ago that apparently everyone misunderstood completely, you need a damn axe to the head.

Adventurers never dieing unless they actually choose to let themselves get killed is very much an issue. My advy being forced to use a onehander as the most effective means to kill people is an issue. My AS, FA, champion perks, and pistol perks all getting nerfed in the future leaving me with nothing is a MAJOR ISSUE.

Can a profession not mention a god damn area it needs work in without getting so much bull****?
    Last edited by Gatester; Jan 28th, 2010 at 03:10:04.

If there's only a few profs you struggle with, it means you're well, well above average.
    wrong. I have a well well well above average setup. I have the best setup you can get, and therefore, on numbers alone and game/prof knowledge, I can easily deal with the majority of opponents.

keepers in general, would be demolished.
    Keepers are fine.
    wrong. Keepers are weak.
    Advies need to be toned down a lot.
    Some profs need to be boosted.
    The perk system needs to be revised, along with healing and CC. none of them are designed for PvP.

That's it, really.
    agree.

wrong. I have a well well well above average setup. I have the best setup you can get, and therefore, on numbers alone and game/prof knowledge, I can easily deal with the majority of opponents.
    Depends on how you go vs opponents on your skill/gear level. Perhaps only elite adventurers give you this problem.

wrong. Keepers are weak.
    Technically this isn't true, if there's 5 classes that do not ever appear on TL5 BS.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast