Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Battlestation tag to GA IV

I thought nts just came in and pwned them, they seem to of been alot of twinks around that lvl or any pvp level these days?.... people want VPs aswell as pvp, so to make it longer yeah is more fun especially when you wait forever to get an invite it's not a fast change over of vps.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Only problem with TL5 Fixers in general is their aoe snare each gimp spams like a madman. Especially if you have 3 pets to unsnare every time it's used.

And if you die with snared pets, your pets bug out until you can zone/die another time.. the runspeed debuff doesn't get removed properly.

Other than that I'd much rather meet a GA4 gimp than a 165+ hardcore twinked full CSS fixer. :P
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ani View Post
    No Battlestation tag to GA IV, because they got no AR yet 90% inside BS cant touch them. So all they got left to do is run around 4capping and ruining rounds. And there are plenty due s10 smurfs being common. So please add this tag.

ps. i got 150 smurf too, but my idea of pvp isnt running around capping and ruining it for rest, so i dont play it in BS.

Actually, just change the whole capping, make it longer and more easy to interrupt, so we get rid of BSes being won by just ninjacapping.
    Uhm... BS is totally still possible to win or lose regardless of how many ga 4 fixers there are. I would bump for a rework of BS before I would WHINE about ga4 fixers. (uhm roll an nt)

What about all the shades/agents/traders/etc that hide at each cap and point? We should nerf conceal to?

How about Enforcers and Advies who always cap through coon?
    We should nerf coon too?

Perhaps you can figure out how to root and blind the (graft and ring) the fixer (or any prof) before they got to the cap point?

BS needs to be reworked/revamped... Add more caps... or randomly place caps... get rid of caps and use something else to make people run around (drop gold ingots on the ground). Let BS run 24/7 regardless of how many people there are. The balancing will help some of these issues.
    Last edited by wooooot; Jan 24th, 2010 at 05:55:36.

Quote Originally Posted by donniedoco View Post
    lol isnt BS just AO's version of capture the flag?? and whats the point in capture the flag?? winning...
    nah, its the copy of the Domination mode (wasnt it UT1 which introduced that?)
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Double Domination was fun.FC should introduce bombing run as well
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

Seems some of you still dont understand the main point about the issue. 165 CSS fixers, 170 twinked advys and enfos, they all arguably make better cappers than smurf. But the difference is, they can also effectively pvp, so they mostly do that, and if other team has only their home cap left, they lot more likely start to just camp their whompahs area and pvp there instead of finishing the round. Smurfs dont have this option, since they cant PVP with their 1.1k AR.

So let me word it out in another way. Only thing Smurfs are capable of inside BS, is constant ninjacapping 24/7. That is the problem. And since only very narrow scope of profs can touch fixers that constantly run around capping, it can cause lots of frustration by ruining otherwise somewhat balanced rounds with their capping.

But adding no GA IV tag for battlestation would be just band-aid fix for bigger problem which is somewhat bad BS design. So id rather see FC just introduce whole new BS layouts or different capping system instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholly View Post
    TL5 BS is perfectly fine the way it is if you dont like the way fixers use their toolset funcom gave them roll a NT quit your bitching.

You obviously understand how the mechanics of the game work so deal with it. The Battlestations are not all about everyone ganking each other, however there are many opportunities to do that each match, and if you dont like getting 4c'd have your NT's sit at a CP which will stop the 4c cycle.

Fixer's were designed to be speedy and get things done fast, they dont have the cookie cutting power to take on some profs head to head so they evade the fights and cap the points which is perfectly legal. Bringing other games such as TF 2 which has a control point based system in play their scouts rush to points in order to win the game.

So having said that quit bitching about fixers GA isnt overpowered, overpriced yes. However think outside of the box and use your brain to counter it, either that or just live with it.
    If you take this example further and think it through, then also perhaps we could think how Smurfs taken to TF 2 would differ from Scout there.

First of all, they would be immune to 90% of people's damage in TF2. So they would only take damage for example from explosions from Soldier and Demoman, other profs would be helpless watching them run around and win capping rounds. And 2nd, Scouts themselves would be taken away their ability to deal damage, so their handy shotgun and bat would be taken away, and replaced with slow gun that hits for 1 dmg. Id like to see how much you would enjoy this kind of Scout balance, leaving them only as very annoying fast nearly untouchable cappers, that cant fight back really either, so only thing they would do is run around winning rounds and ignoring all the fight around them pretty much.

And that is the thing im against, since its not challenging or intresting or balanced from capping perspective, its just purely annoying.

And your attempts at insulting my skills of stopping such smurfs. I can do it actually with all 4 of my TL5 twinks. My mimic enfo can AS and regular hit them to death after running after with rage (that can break their aoe snare which would save smurf from my other toons mostly). It just takes atleast a minute or more, and feels like completely waste of time. My crat can craphander AS them and nuke (their high AAD makes it hard to land) but smurfs can also just aoe snare and run away with their gsf. Doc can AS and try to dot and cast that tiny fireball nuke, takes also long. And finally, if Trader lands both drains, GA IV goes so out OE that you can kill them with health drain and AS (but again, hard to land drains on smurfs).

In each of these cases, if its my toon guarding the last cap of our side, the killing takes lot longer than it takes for that dedicated ninjacapper to cap the point and then either die, or run away alive after ive used my both root grafts and blind ring on the smurf and its still alive, doesn't even really matter if the smurf gets away alive at this point, it has already fullfilled its purpose, 4capped the round.

TBH after 3 years spend on tl5 dont remember a lot of GA4 fixers running around battlestations. They dont need VP at all and usually they are not leveling toons as GA4 is kinda to expensive for a leveling character. 150 GA4 fixer has a very low AR, no specials (90% of them are running with SMG that has only burst thats one of the worst specials for pvp) and basicly cant kill any half decent toon. So they are usually left with ninjacapping. I see nothing wring with it, especially that NTs destroy them in 5s and traders in 10.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

And your attempts at insulting my skills of stopping such smurfs. I can do it actually with all 4 of my TL5 twinks. My mimic enfo can AS and regular hit them to death after running after with rage (that can break their aoe snare which would save smurf from my other toons mostly). It just takes atleast a minute or more, and feels like completely waste of time. My crat can craphander AS them and nuke (their high AAD makes it hard to land) but smurfs can also just aoe snare and run away with their gsf. Doc can AS and try to dot and cast that tiny fireball nuke, takes also long. And finally, if Trader lands both drains, GA IV goes so out OE that you can kill them with health drain and AS (but again, hard to land drains on smurfs).
    AAD has no effect on nano resist. GA4 gives 300 NR, though. However it's been shown quite convincingly by Ebag's extensive research that AAD has no effect on nano resist. Perks are an entirely different cup of tea though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    AAD has no effect on nano resist. GA4 gives 300 NR, though. However it's been shown quite convincingly by Ebag's extensive research that AAD has no effect on nano resist. Perks are an entirely different cup of tea though.
    Ive heard the opposite multiple times along years on forums, havent actually tested it myself, but in smurfs case it does seem like it could be so (they have low NR, yet still hard to land stuff on them). The version ive read in forums many times in past is that AAD gives like 10% boost to NR or something like that. Got me curious so got link to give that AAD & NR relation topic?

Would be easy to test with GA IV +300 NR mod, then taking it off and perking NR1 for +300 NR. And seeing if any difference. But my account is frozen atm...

It is hard to land some nanos on them because s10 toons did max NR to avoid nukers. 300 NR on GA4 is kinda a lot and with correct nr oriented setup (wrists mainly) should put 150 ga fixer way over 1k nr.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I only do BS for vps, not for pvp title, now you can gain vp from killing, so i kill (when i can as i don't have aimedshot...) but anyway my first goal is capping, if you want killing for killing what's about a new pvp arena

same as bs but you need to kill other to make your side win points, and the team who win have ****load of vps. So pvp grinder and vps griner are both happy...
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

But adding no GA IV tag for battlestation would be just band-aid fix for bigger problem which is somewhat bad BS design. So id rather see FC just introduce whole new BS layouts or different capping system instead.
    at first i had no idea what you were talking about, then it hit me, the points will debuff you, but each point has a different debuff, like mid has -3k evades and c gets rid of all absorbs, while a/b decrease RS like 2k for 60 secs

or maybe terrain effects, dots/snare/nanodrains when your in cetain areas (dont know how bad this could effect people, as the only casting proffession i have is an enforcer)

or did i miss your idea completely?

I've never noticed a lack of NT's willing to deliver a swift and destructive trip to decon for GA fixers. seems pretty much balanced.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I've never noticed a lack of NT's willing to deliver a swift and destructive trip to decon for GA fixers. seems pretty much balanced.
    Could your observation perhaps be related to the fact your only TL5 toon in your sig is NT (besides froob fix)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12