Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Halp, I cant patch to test!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thecrow91 View Post
    Local Version: 18.4.7_EP1
    Remote Version: 18.4.8.1_EP1

"Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch-servers."
    Navigate to your AOtest folder, find the file version.id edit it in notepad to say 18.4.7.1_EP1
    Save it and you are good to go.

Local Version: 18.4.7_EP1

"Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch-servers."
    Did you change version ID as explained in OP? You should have 4 digits instead of the 3 you just posted I believe (so 18.4.7.0_EP1 instead of 18.4.7_EP1).

I also have trouble patching though .
    Local version: 18.4.5.1_EP1

I made this copy of test a long time ago, logging in now and then (but pretty rarely) to patch and check out test. Never had trouble patching though. Hmm, I guess I'll try to download some patches manually.

EDIT: I can't figure it out, I keep getting the error "Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch-servers. Please try again later.... "
    Last edited by Edta; Jul 20th, 2011 at 16:37:49.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Navigate to your AOtest folder, find the file version.id edit it in notepad to say 18.4.7.1_EP1
    Save it and you are good to go.
    Did as suggested, did not work, getting same error.
    Tried twice with both "18.4.7.1_EP1" and "18.4.7.0_EP1"
    Neither were able to patch :/
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

The "Please try again later" part of the bug seems to be good advice . It's patching now.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Yeah, Lindelu popped by last night and said it was resolved. There was a fairly complex process elsewhere on these forums that also worked before the issue was resolved, for possible future reference
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Did as suggested, did not work, getting same error.
    Tried twice with both "18.4.7.1_EP1" and "18.4.7.0_EP1"
    Neither were able to patch :/
    Okay try this exe file ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/AOPa....4.8.0_EP1.exe that should atleast get you to 18.4.8.0_EP1 and also over vrite your version.id file whit a corret one that should get you ready for 18.4.8.1

And for those that have just recently duped they can use ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/AOPa....4.7.1_EP1.exe to go from 18.4.7 to 18.4.7.1 and patch from there.

whats the current fix for this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Hey U Test and live are on the same version right this instant, so once duped, simply changing the testlive version.id to contain 18.4.10.0_EP1 should work... (I can't see a 18.4.10 to 18.4.10.0 "patch" on the test patch server so it likely won't work automatically just now).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

yeah tried that, it still insisted n trying to patch and i got the usual "Im too dumb to find this patch" msg.

In the end i managed to find an ancient copy of AO on my Craptop that was still on .4 and then patch up, one patch at a time from there untill test found a version it liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

How odd, tested it here and it worked ok... still, at least you got things patched up.

Hmm... i changed the number in versions.id to 18.6.20.0, 18.6.0.20, nothing worked

still unable to find the patch for test server
    Last edited by xtremsniper; Mar 22nd, 2015 at 09:27:57.
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

Well, 16.6.x is incredibly old.
    It's 18.7.0.21 currently.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Well, 16.6.x is incredibly old.
    It's 18.7.0.21 currently.
    So how does that help me get on test? how did you patch to 18.7.0.21?
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12