Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 22nd, 2010 - What time is it??

Second I'm going to type up a thread in tech help and i'll post a link to it, this is a common problem many people have.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Er... the problem I see here is, that Means stated the transfer would be available in january (heard something about 21. Jan, but not official). Next FwM would be the last friday for this month...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am sorry for the delay but I still hope to make the actual transfer available inside January even if the supporting new playfield for cities is not yet complete.
    That is not a statement that transfer will be available in January. Got any proof he stated it would be in January?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=568968 Here is the thread for how to patch Test. Can you make sure those steps make sense and everything works for you please and respond in that thread.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Greetings from rk3, we guys still live, in case you didn´t notice...
    Would be nice if we could get some update on the transfer because, as stated, it doesn´t seem possible to do the charwipe and annouce the terms of the transfer WEEKS in advance. So either there will be no announcing for weeks or there will be no tranfer in january. Dunno if you guys realise this, but the announcment of the transfer effectively broke the whole economy on rk3, because everyone and their brother is stashing all their phats for the transfer, for better prices and whatsoever. This makes even twinking really annoying, not to mention there isn´t much going on at all (which would be the reason for the transfer in the first place). We´d really like some updates here.

All errors are intended because i´m a foreigner.
    RK 3 <- sorry for my english
    Prince " Johnwayne" Kirklin 220/30 Opifex ranged Adventurer
    Zixmeister "Johnywayne" 220/30 Trox Melee Adventurer

Account Status *open* <-transfer inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwayne82 View Post
    All errors are intended because i´m a foreigner.
    you spoke better then most of the natives could, combined.
    as for the merger, FC is giving you your own new playfield.
    very much like a land reservation for "native Americans"
    ...or a refugee camp. however you want to look at it
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jan 23rd, 2010 at 02:58:28.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Does it mean you cant use /assist to seek for conceal players?

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    This and whether they'll be able to be AOE rooted are important questions that require answers, for concealers and non concealers alike.

It'll suck to not be able to pop Agents/others out of sneak via legit AoE methods just because of some filthy sploiters.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yeah if it eliminates virtually all counters to concealment, it seems to me like going a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    That's what it means, just tested, couldn't be spotted by /assist even when right next to the person trying.

And AoE's should never have popped Agents out of sneak in the first place.

Not tested if they still do or not yet though.

Perception should be the only legitimate counter to concealment, and Perception is more powerfl than concealment due to the lockout on conceal and the inability to resneak in combat.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    That's what it means, just tested, couldn't be spotted by /assist even when right next to the person trying.

And AoE's should never have popped Agents out of sneak in the first place.

Not tested if they still do or not yet though.

Perception should be the only legitimate counter to concealment, and Perception is more powerfl than concealment due to the lockout on conceal and the inability to resneak in combat.
    Except there's only one, maybe two professions that can conceivably get enough perception to spot Agents.

AoEs should pop people out of sneak and there's a plethora of good reasons given historically as to why. I'm not entirely sure what light passing through you as opposed to bouncing off you, has to do with things that collide with you no longer colliding with you.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

*LOOOL*LOOOL*LOOOL* means - nothing concerning the transfer?
    the players on dnw arent a chatbox in which you can write whatever you want - they relying on your words spoken in the grind at dnw. cant understand your position on that and the delay... though that matter is also important for you?

and *LOOOL*LOOOL*LOOOL* on that post mentioning 2032 - best post ever here! nothing realy came in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post

Sure: as long as every profession gets the ability to twink Perception high enough to see people in sneak, is it through some special items or perkline.

Agents have long had the ability to be well out of reach of any perception short of Soli SB on a perception-twinked advie. Don't know how many actually raise it enough to avoid that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Except there's only one, maybe two professions that can conceivably get enough perception to spot Agents.
    And Agents (and Shades), the masters of concealment, should be spotted by average joe blow?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    And Agents (and Shades), the masters of concealment, should be spotted by average joe blow?
    I don't think so, but I do think that there should be a maximum duration you can sneak.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Patching errors currently are appearing for testlive. We do not need this. For some it is giving what ammounts to a checksum error on the ld: file it is replacing. For some it is client.exe for me it is the gui/default/textcolor.xml.

No attempt I have made has rectified this problem as of yet. It is not a permissions issue. Nor is it a corrupted file issue when it comes to the old file. Fix plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwayne82 View Post
    it doesn´t seem possible to do the charwipe and annouce the terms of the transfer WEEKS in advance.
    I'm still waiting for one of you people from RK3 to kindly post where Means is saying there would be Weeks before it was done. He's already covered the name problems and setting up the system by the end of the month is possible even if there are chrs named X and X on both servers.

So... please tell me all the people from rk3 coming over arent going to be like you guys, because this is getting old quickly.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I don't think so, but I do think that there should be a maximum duration you can sneak.
    Sure: 4 hours.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast