Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 22nd, 2010 - What time is it??

Quote Originally Posted by Schwuppweg View Post
    I mean from dnw to rk1 or rk2
    It would appear that program has not yet started, we still have a week left in the month, and Means said last time that he wants to try to start it before the end of the month.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Change with perception and assuming the client/server character position thing is also "related", is awesome and welcome news.

Thanks Means.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    BTW, it's 2010.
    HAHAHAH awesome. I did not notice that.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Means testing the new sneak functionality:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...O/scrn0002.jpg

So no more popping of sneaky bastards with AoE roots?
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hello.

PS. It's not 2009.
    LOL pwnt
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Can we still pop hidden mobs with AoE?

Any plans of adjustments to outdoor xp/sk, particularly in Pen/Inf? Daily missions for soloing is great, don't get me wrong, however we still have teaming issues thanks to the factional nature of SL missions (and the fact that the reward in Inf missions is so large that sk/hr anywhere else just does not compare).

Nice to hear about the conceal/position updates as well, been anxiously awaiting that one.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Engine still scheduled for 2032?
    I think that's really what everyone wants to talk about, or hear about anyhow.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    It would appear that program has not yet started, we still have a week left in the month, and Means said last time that he wants to try to start it before the end of the month.
    Means also said he will announce "weeks before" what will happen with inactive names and so on... as January has only 9 days left he has to post a "Sunday with Means" to have at least one week before January ends...
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

I can't seem to download the patch for the test servers.

Anyone else have this problem, or have a solution?

the message is that the patch could not be found on any of the patch servers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    I wonder what the future of AO might bring
    BAHAHAHAHAHAH you just made my day friend

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Engine still scheduled for 2032?
    I think that's really what everyone wants to talk about, or hear about anyhow.
    hump
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hello.

PS. It's not 2009.
    FFS...Did I do that AGAIN? Fixing it now...
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Looking forward to try the daily missions. I might just try and make my way to the test server to try it out. I've never actually been to the test server before in all these years so I need to go read up on how to do it
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Server Transfer from DNW

Not as much got done in this area as I would have liked this week. However important details of "what" were decided.

1. A new large playfield is being created to allow the players of DNW to have access to some Cities on Transfer. Assignment to these cities will be done in as fair a manner as possible.

2. Concerns about unscrupulous players stealing player and org names are not going to be a problem. Anything created (Orgs and players) after the discussion in November concerning transfer will not take priority over players transfering from DNW.

3. DNW will run for months after the transfer becomes available. This will give players returning after some time the opportunity to refamiliarize themselves with the characters before the transfer process. At some well announced point in the future DNW will be shut down...but it will not be soon.

4. Transfer will be available to both RK1 or RK2.

I hope we get more traction on this issue next week. I am sorry for the delay but I still hope to make the actual transfer available inside January even if the supporting new playfield for cities is not yet complete.
    What he said last week, there's nothing there about weeks before the transfer system goes online, just the time before the server gets shut down.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FFS...Did I do that AGAIN? Fixing it now...
    noob

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I can't seem to download the patch for the test servers.

Anyone else have this problem, or have a solution?

the message is that the patch could not be found on any of the patch servers.

Change your Version file in the duplicated AO folder to 18.3.2.1_EP1
    OR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Locate your version.id file in the AO test directory open it up in notepad change the part saying 18.3.1_EP1 to say 18.3.1.4_EP1
    I forget what patch exactly, but it needs an extra decimal and number.
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 23:27:35.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

So no word on GTH/BR?

Been clamoring for information for awhile now. Many more people are also begging for some information on any plans for this nano.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast