Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 22nd, 2010 - What time is it??

Funcom employee Friday with Means - January 22nd, 2010 - What time is it??

Lindelu, Flaptoot and Mstrbstrd have pulled together to produce a fantastic update that is now in a fine playable state on the Test Dimension.

We have been discussing the concept of "Daily Missions" for quite some time now and it is great to finally be able to see you all have a first chance to have a look at these new experiences. The ability to pick up an individual mission that will take you to varied content and allow you to make significant progress every day is a fantastic addition. Those of us who find their time tied up, and those who don't will all find benefit and variety in this new system. These are the foundations for the new system that are coming out now and we can look forward to adding to this system for years to come.

Unfortunately there are some missions that are not included in this version but we should be seeing them early next week.

**Note**

There are NO rewards associated with these missions on Test at the moment. The reason for this is simpe: We would like feedback on the actual missions...not the rewards they offer at this point. The rewards will be more than adequate...this will not be an issue. We look forward to hearing from you concerning these missions.

There are also some changes to concealment/perception checks and client/server position verification in this update.

Players who are concealed basically will no longer "exist" to players who can not "Perceive" them. Position information is not sent to players who are unable to detect the concealing player. This will also mean the end of the "XXXXX tried to hide but failed" messages.

Have a great weekend
    Last edited by Means; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 23:24:48.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

You got there in the end i see
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

yikes early

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

damn!

No more concelement phail message ? but but why :'(

If i understand it people won't be able to see concealed guys by using aoe or sending pet that's it ?
    Last edited by Xeralix; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 22:56:49.
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

I wonder what the future of AO might bring
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 23:10:14.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

He lives! http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=568953 This is also up on test.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 22:57:33.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Have a great weekend

Have a great weekend.
    Torgo, the Game Director!

In any case, ... any word on Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect?

Also:
    Players who are concealed basically will no longer "exist" to players who can not "Perceive" them. Position information is not sent to players who are unable to detect the concealing player. This will also mean the end of the "XXXXX tried to hide but failed" messages.
    Does this also mean that this will remove the shadow effect that still lingers on hidden players in outdoor environments?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Funcom employee

Hello.

PS. It's not 2009.
    Last edited by Macrosun; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 23:06:03.

Thumbs up

woot! 9th!

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 32 seconds.

pff watch me be like 40th.

thanks means! I love reading your updates!

How do you transfer your char to test server?

soooo, no more perc hack? its would be awesome
    Devil Inside

Bicsak
    Bicseng
    Bicsfix
    Csinicrat
    Restinpain
    Szoldzser
    Snipehun
    Bendixon
    Kingofdrain

ehm. Lol
    RK1
    Corrgard 220 Doc
    Corgard 220 MA
    Corgards 220 MA
    Corgard1 168 Froob-MA

RK3
    nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    There are also some changes to concealment/perception checks and client/server position verification in this update.
    Thanks
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

And whats now about char transfer ??

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Hello
    oh hail
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

Quote Originally Posted by Schwuppweg View Post
    And whats now about char transfer ??
    Chr transfer to test currently works.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I mean from dnw to rk1 or rk2

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast