Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutifruti View Post
    You can't compare removing 250evades to removing 3k of nano resist. An evade class will still have a good chance of survivebilaty in case of this debuff.
    If you can justify removing all nano resist whats the point then of having aad, why not give all other classes a debuff that remove 3k aad. They are rather useless in your point of view w/o the aad debuff...
    They seriously need to rethink this buff, enouf treads has been posted in the past whoom requested this
    if a nt is debuffin u, then u should be killing him..in terms of protocol, nt can only do one thing at a time. if im debuffin u then im not nuking u, or casting any defensive nanos. in my endgame setup now, i have to cb people sometimes twice to get things to land. nts dnt have a self buff for ar.

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    nts dnt have a self buff for ar.
    It's not much, but they do. Nano for achieving effective 3k AR (even if it's only 1k practical) is a bit over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    It's not much, but they do. Nano for achieving effective 3k AR (even if it's only 1k practical) is a bit over the line.
    well klod, with all due respect..i agree with u on alot of things even though others dnt...but every profession has the oppertunity to perk 100% immunity to nts...

Nts dnt have the ability to perk evades..and as a crat..it doesnt matter if u cant land a nuke on an opponent, u have other useful tools..

but as nt all we have is nukes..if we cant nuke we are useless. we have no reg hits....and a one dimensional way of pvping..we can do only one thing at a time.

however other professions can shoot, heal, at the same time..

so all factors have to be takin into account, at least be reasonable. le nukes are gone..so u wnt be droping so fast now..but cb is needed..and i dnt mind the duration be lowered. 15 secs is reasonable...

well klod, with all due respect..i agree with u on alot of things even though others dnt...but every profession has the oppertunity to perk 100% immunity to nts...
    CB has nothing to do with this anyways, it won't land on NR8 perked toons. And BTW, NT can (theoretically) use AS pistol too, NS can be used without cyberdeck, so can NBG/NBS, IW and shelter.

CB has nothing to do with this anyways, it won't land on NR8 perked toons. And BTW, NT can (theoretically) use AS pistol too, NS can be used without cyberdeck, so can NBG/NBS, IW and shelter.
    so if cb wnt land on a perk that everyone has access to, then whats the point of this thread?

How would nt get enough AR without cyberdeck to viable in pvp? or pvm?

What good is AS in pvm? when cyberdeck does damage rivaling most professions?

everyone can perk immunity to nts..however thats not possible the other way around..

nts cant perk evades., several other professions can. i.e. "acrobat"

so if cb wnt land on a perk that everyone has access to, then whats the point of this thread?
    If that perkline is so great, how come only 1 shade (which is not even active anymore), on all 3 dimensions is having it perked to the maximum?

How would nt get enough AR without cyberdeck to viable in pvp? or pvm?
    Easy.

What good is AS in pvm? when cyberdeck does damage rivaling most professions?
    We were talking about PvP.

everyone can perk immunity to nts..however thats not possible the other way around..
    Don't be silly.

nts cant perk evades., several other professions can. i.e. "acrobat"

What's the point of you arguing with me when you have no idea what's all this about?

If that perkline is so great, how come only 1 shade (which is not even active anymore), on all 3 dimensions is having it perked to the maximum?
    I'm looking forward to seeing your poll and the results posted, as opposed to your conjecture.

Including professions other than Shades, I hope.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Easy.

We were talking about PvP.

Don't be silly.

What's the point of you arguing with me when you have no idea what's all this about?
    the point is, u want reliable nr and cb to be nerfed...in reality u can nerf cb and nts by perking notum repulsor. everyone has that option.

and im not being silly..u can perk 100% immunity to the nts toolset..
    however nts cant perk 100% immunity to anyone else's toolset

thats not bein silly its being realistic.

Yeah you do know that a nr8 anything has crappy evades, crappy defense, crappy offense, crappy run speed yeah?

the point is, u want reliable nr and cb to be nerfed...in reality u can nerf cb and nts by perking notum repulsor. everyone has that option.

and im not being silly..u can perk 100% immunity to the nts toolset..
    however nts cant perk 100% immunity to anyone else's toolset

thats not bein silly its being realistic.
    this is like the worst argument against CB nerfing, hands down, and its thrown around all too often.

yeah it can be done, but is it done? no, y? because it destroys the toon in all cases except against say NTs or traders :\
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    this is like the worst argument against CB nerfing, hands down, and its thrown around all too often.

yeah it can be done, but is it done? no, y? because it destroys the toon in all cases except against say NTs or traders :\
    sounds to me like u want ur cake and ice cream..u can perk immunity to nts and traders..that is a fact...u have to give something up to gain something.

sounds to me like u want ur cake and ice cream..u can perk immunity to nts and traders..that is a fact...u have to give something up to gain something.
    give up? have u looked at those perk lines? u notice the -20000 nanoskills attached to it?

yes, nothing is being given up at all, and FYI i dont perk NR8.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

so basically u dnt like being nuked? and u want a way to just pound nts in the ground with lil resistance right?

so basically u dnt like being nuked? and u want a way to just pound nts in the ground with lil resistance right?
    Oh no, I love some noob gimp NT converting my 2.65k NR to some deplorable number then pushing one button and devastating my hp.

You want all this crap like GTH nerfed but I'm sure you love your precious LE nukes and CB. GTH is fine as long as LE nukes and CB is around.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Oh no, I love some noob gimp NT converting my 2.65k NR to some deplorable number then pushing one button and devastating my hp.

You want all this crap like GTH nerfed but I'm sure you love your precious LE nukes and CB. GTH is fine as long as LE nukes and CB is around.
    now this is epic..an advy qq over nt...with all ur defenses and heals, how is nt a problem? we cant root u, and there is 100% blind resist. and not to mention the current state of advy pistol perks.

now i can argue the same about advy using evade perks while cooning and healin, but nawl this not overpowered is it?

now this is epic..an advy qq over nt...with all ur defenses and heals, how is nt a problem? we cant root u, and there is 100% blind resist. and not to mention the current state of advy pistol perks.

now i can argue the same about advy using evade perks while cooning and healin, but nawl this not overpowered is it?
    Where on god's green earth you assume I'm an adv?

In case you didn't know: Advs can't get 2.6k NR unless they seriously nerf themselves.

Also, NTs don't need blinds to kill anything or to even survive properly.

But yeah less NTs on BS is good news for me, at least I can pvp without mind bending frustration. It's good traders can keep you all in check.

So when your lame lolnoskill doubles/triples/CB go by all means GTH can go too.

The fact is, you give up waaaaaaaaay to much, while NT doesn't give up anything to cast 1k debuff, except 3 seconds of fight.

This huge long debate and all for no reason. LE Nukes are gone in rebalance, Constant Barrage will be changed, as will most everything else. It's so very pointless to argue sides right now.

When we get more information on whats to come, maybe the arguments will be valid, but right now, as with all OP stuff, we have to live with it until it gets fixed.

CB, as a nano, will probably still exist, just modified in someway, watered down, or something, as most everything else will be.

I think everyone realized that AO was at the point where you cant just keep implementing more and more powerful things, so the rebalance will probably end up knocking us all down, equally, a few rungs so that the game can have some challenge to it again.
    Last edited by DecemberSky; Jan 30th, 2010 at 15:57:59.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    Constant Barrage will be changed
    I missed this specific announcement. Do you mind posting direct link to it, for blind ol' me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    It is being nerfed. It's losing the other half of the combination that -really- makes people whine, complain and shout nerf in the midst of a flood of tears about the nano.

That other half being LE nukes.

No one cried or complained about CB until LE nukes came along. LE nukes are going away.

/thread.
    CB is much worse than LE nukes, since it causes pretty much any debuff / root to land 100%. It also means NR is totally useless against NT unless you have 5k+. I don't see fixer or agent evade debuff nanos debuffing for 1k and stacking three times.

Until the debuff on CB is on par with the evade debuff nanos or perks I'm going to say its overpowered.
    President of ShadowMercs

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast